Double Or Nothing Sit N Gos On Ps?!

if anything, i think a sustainable ROI over a large sample size may be slightly higher in normal sngs at the $10 level, though probably not by much. i play these because of the low variance though. but yeah i wonder what the results would be too. hopefully in about 3 weeks ill have 1k of these down.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The horrible play towards near the bubble by some players drives me just about nuts at times. Pop Quiz - Situation is: There are 6 players left and the shortstack has 350 chips and is in the bb when the blinds are 100-200. What do you do? A. Everyone at the table call his 200 regardless of the two cards you have. If he pushes in his last 150 then everyone call him. IT doesn't matter what two cards he has he is more than likely going to lose if all 6 players play it through.BTW, never ever ever ever ever raise another player out the pot if the player in 6th is all-in. This one drives me insane. For example I cite what just happened in a tourney i played. The guy in 6th was all-in on the bb and some dude from early position raises. He has JJ but of course it didnt hold to the bb's 6q. I was in the small blind with K2 and I had to fold to the raise. Of course I would have beat the bb and the game would have been over if I was allowed to play without having to call a raise.

God, these things are fucking awful. I think I'd rather be water-boarded than to play another session of these abortions. If I'm ever sent to hell, and satan wants to punish me REALLY bad, he'll having me playing a mix of HU/LHE games and "Double Or Nothing" SnG's. Clearly profitable (5 tables, 4/5, the one I lost was runner-runner straight after getting it all in with a dominating 2 pair), but boring as hell. I had to go abuse a microstakes table by going all in every hand for 10 minutes straight, just to regain my sanity.

• 2 weeks later...
How many BIs would you experienced grinders of these say is necessary to be adequately rolled for these things? Would be less than normal sngs yea?
self-bump. Want to know what people think on this (please)

Easily the funniest thing I have seen in these things, played over 200 and never had anything like this:PokerStars Game #21999538696: Tournament #120212893, $10.00+$0.40 Hold'em No Limit - Level X (300/600) - 2008/11/13 7:12:06 ETTable '120212893 1' 10-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 2: JochenCash (1200 in chips)Seat 4: Aladinnn (3100 in chips) ---> Had played a crap load of hands for no reason, got to 5k, dropped to 600 chips, got back....Seat 5: p3ro31 (1380 in chips)Seat 6: therescav (220 in chips) ---> Big blind next hand all inSeat 8: XXXPUMA58XXX (9030 in chips) ---> Had been doing the normal big stack thing, playing and pushing most hands Seat 9: littlecato (70 in chips) ---> Had 10 chips left after ante-ing, would be all in next handJochenCash: posts the ante 60Aladinnn: posts the ante 60p3ro31: posts the ante 60therescav: posts the ante 60XXXPUMA58XXX: posts the ante 60littlecato: posts the ante 60Aladinnn: posts small blind 300p3ro31: posts big blind 600*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to therescav [2s 7h]therescav: foldsXXXPUMA58XXX: raises 1200 to 1800littlecato: foldsJochenCash: foldsAladinnn: calls 1500p3ro31: folds*** FLOP *** [Jd Ad 3s]Aladinnn: checksXXXPUMA58XXX: bets 1800Aladinnn: calls 1240 and is all-inUncalled bet (560) returned to XXXPUMA58XXX*** TURN *** [Jd Ad 3s] [Qc]*** RIVER *** [Jd Ad 3s Qc] [Td]*** SHOW DOWN ***Aladinnn: shows [Ah Ac] (three of a kind, Aces)XXXPUMA58XXX: shows [Ks 7d] (a straight, Ten to Ace)XXXPUMA58XXX collected 7040 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 7040 | Rake 0Board [Jd Ad 3s Qc Td]Seat 2: JochenCash (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: Aladinnn (small blind) showed [Ah Ac] and lost with three of a kind, AcesSeat 5: p3ro31 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 6: therescav folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: XXXPUMA58XXX showed [Ks 7d] and won (7040) with a straight, Ten to AceSeat 9: littlecato folded before Flop (didn't bet)

What happens in these things if two people get knocked out at once on the bubble? e.g I have 1.5k, someone else has 1k, and the big stack knocks both of us out in the one hand.... so I finish 5th, but do I cash?

• 3 weeks later...
What happens in these things if two people get knocked out at once on the bubble? e.g I have 1.5k, someone else has 1k, and the big stack knocks both of us out in the one hand.... so I finish 5th, but do I cash?
yes whoever has more chips to start the hand would finish higher and thus cashEDIT: thought this was jcashs new thread why is threeeight bumping this? their is a new thread on the front page
cashed in one of these earlier without going to showdown once quality position play and limp punishing
I dream of your opponents. I can't shove without getting called no matter the stack sizes, and they can't help but suck out with the worst and to bubble me.
  • 5 weeks later...