Double Or Nothing Sit N Gos On Ps?!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see how they are cheating us by making it turbo and leaving the rake the same, but how was it abusive before? It was still 1+.10, just like a 9 player SNG, and the prize pool was just distributed differently...I just played one. Seemed really easy; didn't have to bluff or get my money in bad once.

I can see how they are cheating us by making it turbo and leaving the rake the same, but how was it abusive before? It was still 1+.10, just like a 9 player SNG, and the prize pool was just distributed differently...I just played one. Seemed really easy; didn't have to bluff or get my money in bad once.
I can try an argument from their side ...Effectively, since half the field is getting paid double the money, it is just like a HU tournament, which only rakes 5%. So this should rake 5% too.Unfortunately, I think they can do it full rake and get way more money than decreasing the rake; I don't think they'd get double the entries (which is basically what would be necessary to make it up).Oh, and the $1+.10 is half rake ... the STT $1 tournaments have a $0.20 rake on stars.
And that's insane.
Agreed.In other news, decided to play one while I'm folding my laundry. This is the 4th hand, I won the first after flopping top pair in the BB first hand and firing two shots.OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOMPokerStars Game #20909847952: Tournament #112003153, $1.00+$0.10 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/10/03 23:33:28 ETTable '112003153 1' 10-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: DucesAgain (1500 in chips) Seat 2: Oggieman (1430 in chips) Seat 3: Lrgetrout (1600 in chips) Seat 4: BBurdwood (1450 in chips) Seat 6: tanman069 (1500 in chips) Seat 7: snilsson (1480 in chips) Seat 8: gmdrinker (1750 in chips) Seat 9: Ninski (3050 in chips) Seat 10: PokerWarior (1240 in chips) tanman069: posts small blind 10snilsson: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Lrgetrout [Qs Qc]gmdrinker: folds Ninski: folds PokerWarior: calls 20DucesAgain: folds Oggieman: calls 20Lrgetrout: raises 100 to 120BBurdwood: folds tanman069: folds snilsson: raises 100 to 220PokerWarior: folds Oggieman: folds Lrgetrout: calls 100*** FLOP *** [4s As 5s]snilsson: checks Lrgetrout: checks *** TURN *** [4s As 5s] [Ks]snilsson: bets 1260 and is all-inLrgetrout: calls 1260*** RIVER *** [4s As 5s Ks] [Qh]*** SHOW DOWN ***snilsson: shows [Kd Kc] (three of a kind, Kings)Lrgetrout: shows [Qs Qc] (a flush, Ace high)Lrgetrout collected 3010 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3010 | Rake 0 Board [4s As 5s Ks Qh]Seat 1: DucesAgain folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: Oggieman folded before FlopSeat 3: Lrgetrout showed [Qs Qc] and won (3010) with a flush, Ace highSeat 4: BBurdwood (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: tanman069 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: snilsson (big blind) showed [Kd Kc] and lost with three of a kind, KingsSeat 8: gmdrinker folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: Ninski folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 10: PokerWarior folded before Flop

Is there anything to be said for playing more loose in games where everyone realises you should play tight?

The turbo change could be a good thing, at least at the low stakes. It will just encourage people to play even looser and take more chances early.
yea i agree they took way to long in the two i played before wee turbo

while playing one pinch pinch lolPokerStars Game #20925044213: Tournament #112108199, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (125/250) - 2008/10/04 15:47:26 ETTable '112108199 1' 10-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: Ninjafoo (605 in chips) Seat 6: Bailey98 (1445 in chips) Seat 7: DB84fan (1435 in chips) Seat 8: sergiocm (1090 in chips) Seat 9: ZAM0RA (740 in chips) Seat 10: pcpoint\free (9685 in chips) Ninjafoo: posts the ante 25Bailey98: posts the ante 25DB84fan: posts the ante 25sergiocm: posts the ante 25ZAM0RA: posts the ante 25pcpoint\free: posts the ante 25ZAM0RA: posts small blind 125pcpoint\free: posts big blind 250*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Ninjafoo [Kh 3h]Ninjafoo: raises 330 to 580 and is all-inBailey98: folds DB84fan: folds sergiocm: folds ZAM0RA: folds pcpoint\free: calls 330Ninjafoo said, "dang it"*** FLOP *** [3s 7d 3c]*** TURN *** [3s 7d 3c] [4s]*** RIVER *** [3s 7d 3c 4s] [9h]*** SHOW DOWN ***pcpoint\free: shows [6s 6h] (two pair, Sixes and Threes)Ninjafoo: shows [Kh 3h] (three of a kind, Threes)Ninjafoo collected 1435 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1435 | Rake 0 Board [3s 7d 3c 4s 9h]Seat 1: Ninjafoo showed [Kh 3h] and won (1435) with three of a kind, ThreesSeat 6: Bailey98 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: DB84fan folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: sergiocm (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: ZAM0RA (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 10: pcpoint\free (big blind) showed [6s 6h] and lost with two pair, Sixes and Threes

the 109s aren't any better. as long as you know icm and pushbotting and are able to make big laydowns when needed, anyone can beat these.
In a nutshell, with a flat payout structure you don't need to take risks and play big pots to build a stack...right? These double-or-nothings are basically an extreme application of the chip conservation strategy.
Has anybody put their entire roll on one of these yet?
I did..by mistake...I had 109.70 after losing about 400 so far today...so I was grinding at the 11 double or nothing which are super easy...I was looking at the higher limits and when I finished one just registered for anther one. Went to play some cash and said nooo money. Look at the sng and it was 109 ooops.. ended up winning yiipppeeeeeee

Here's one for the LOL ending files:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00+$0.20 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 25 Ante (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (BB) (t1445)UTG (t2315)MP (t1390)CO (t730)Button (t2435)SB (t6685)Preflop: Hero is BB with Kclub.gif, Aspade.gif1 fold, MP calls t250, 2 folds, SB raises to t750, 1 fold, MP calls t500Flop: (t1900) Jheart.gif, 7heart.gif, 5spade.gif(2 players)SB bets t5910 (All-In), MP calls t615 (All-In)Turn: (t3130) 9diamond.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)River: (t3130) 6club.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: t3130Results:SB had Jspade.gif, 7diamond.gif (two pair, Jacks and sevens).MP had 5heart.gif, 2heart.gif (one pair, fives).Outcome: SB won t3130Gotta love the shortstack early position limp-call with 52s on the bubble...

Are they gone? It's 1:57am on Sunday morning, and other SNG's are registering, but I don't see the double or nothing's anymore. Man, and I was getting good at them...Nevermind, I was in the multitable tab. Sorry

I play these on CD Poker, don't ask me why I bother playing on CD Poker. Anyway I'm still new, but I know I'm better than 50% of the field, these things are perfect for me to gain a roll. Been doing well enough so far getting my feet wet.

if I get money on stars again...I'm gonna play 20 of those SnGs and sit out each one, after watching tv for an hour I should see how many I cashed in.
so has anyone confirmed that siting out the whole way is +ev?

im not entirly sure, but after playing a few of these in which i got unlucky and came out ahead anyway (4 wins 2 losses) i do not think the correct strategy is exactly playing overly tight. i think the correct strategy is to take advantage of the other players tendencies to play overly tight and keep yourself hovering around 2000 chips. also, do not do anything that puts your stack at risk unless you can absolutly help it. let the blinds knock people out, don't make loose all in calls from the bb becouse you have good odds. you are better off letting them steal then having them double up. every chip you lose in these are worth a lot more than any chip you gain, way more so than a normal sng. in other words, steal small pots in position, especially once you hit like the third level.