S7s Traning.....new Class

doesn't his gf like me better than him?didn't i checkraise you in night baseball, a game where all the cards are face up?
Didn't I pwn you in Badugi and I wasn't even playing my hands?
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse are like @#$#%@#, lol. Kidding.I think that one of the misconceptions is that my training requires a ton of time from people. It does require some time and effort. As well as the cost of tuition.But I believe that the skills you learn stay with you for your entire career.As I look through the list of people that have gone through training. ALL of them have improved. Some drastically. Some got more out of it then others. But at the end of the day, training doesn't stop just because 6 months are over. So time has never been an issue. That is not to say that you would be a perfect fit for the program. I don't know enough about you. But I certainly think that a lot of people have benefited from it.
Well I would have tried out your program out back when I was playing full time living and breathing poker. Now life almost insane busy and right now I play just to not go crazy.After I'm done my current project in 1 or 2 years I just might be able to retire young and play semi-full time.
What's the basic outline for this training? Are you teaching the games itself, cash vs. tournaments, the mental part, etc...?
assuming it's the same program, it would be mental stuff, then cash technique, then tourney technique, in that order, with a large weighting toward the first.
assuming it's the same program, it would be mental stuff, then cash technique, then tourney technique, in that order, with a large weighting toward the first.
Does he have a not playing blackjack technique?
so stuff like don't play tired or when you have other things on your mind, play only when you can concentrate 100% and want to play, don't tilt, play longer sessions when winning, shorter ones when losing, that kind of stuff?
so stuff like don't play tired or when you have other things on your mind, play only when you can concentrate 100% and want to play, don't tilt, play longer sessions when winning, shorter ones when losing, that kind of stuff?
yes, those are the sorts of things that would fall under the "mental" side of the game, but it's obviously more complicated than that.

IMHO 50% or more of the value of training is getting access to the group and Steve even after the formal training period. Some of my biggest/most important lessons came from chats w/ Steve & the group after the 6 months.

IMHO 50% or more of the value of training is getting access to the group and Steve even after the formal training period. Some of my biggest/most important lessons came from chats w/ Steve & the group after the 6 months.
This.
How much can you SAP and still be considered as a candidate ?
Hey Guys,I'm kind of serious about this question. Who is the "worst" player that's been accepted ? Can Steve's wizardry turn a struggling player into a winner ? Or is this really more for people who are already on their way to just help them fine tune some things ? Should applicants already be playing at a certain level ?
Hey Guys,I'm kind of serious about this question. Who is the "worst" player that's been accepted ? Can Steve's wizardry turn a struggling player into a winner ? Or is this really more for people who are already on their way to just help them fine tune some things ? Should applicants already be playing at a certain level ?
I doubt you're gonna get a serious answer to this question.(It's me)

Pretty sure I got you beat there Teddy.Steve's training isn't focused on the technical aspects of the game. Don't expect discussion on what to do with small pairs on a raggedy flop etc. I think it's probably going to be best for people who have a decent fundamental understanding of how to play the game. It won't necessarily turn a losing player into a winning player unless of course the reason you're losing is due to the mental side of the game and you really are fundamentally sound.

I'm hoping it doesn't matter that much about the levels. I mean, if I ever get the $ together and there is an opportunity to apply and I'm accepted, I would hope to be judged on my potential, which I am nowhere near reaching. Isn't the whole point of the training to take you from where you are to a whole notha level?Due to BR (and it's inherent mismanagement and propensity to play tourneys), my cash game levels are 25NL and lower, which is pretty micro for quite a few people on these boards...Hopefully, not for Steve, though. Call me an advocate for the "little guy" (or gal)
I doubt you're gonna get a serious answer to this question.(It's me)
Pretty sure I got you beat there Teddy.Steve's training isn't focused on the technical aspects of the game. Don't expect discussion on what to do with small pairs on a raggedy flop etc. I think it's probably going to be best for people who have a decent fundamental understanding of how to play the game. It won't necessarily turn a losing player into a winning player unless of course the reason you're losing is due to the mental side of the game and you really are fundamentally sound.
So, what did you guys get out of it besides meeting a cool group of guys that you could learn technicals from and be friends with? I mean, is it more getting to know what it is really like to be a pro and the mental issues behind it? More like 6 months of therapy, that kind of thing?
Hey. No clue who the worst player was when they applied. I would like to think that everyone got something out of training. Some people got a lot out of it, others got specific things. It depends on the person. I think that I can help most people become winning players as long as they have poker sense. It's not like it was a few years ago where you had tons of poker sites to choose from and a ridiculous amount of bad play going on. Of course a lot of people are still making plenty of mistakes both live and online. But it's just going to take more selection now.I think that in some ways training is like going to a movie. If you don't know what to expect you can appreciate it more. But if you have HUGE expectations, it's never going to be as good as you thought. I have often said that if someone gets just one thing out of training it will be a success. I know that sounds crazy. But that one thing can make you a ridiculous amount of money over the course of your poker career.A lot of people have also pointed out that they have gotten a lot of great training after the six month period. I agree with this as well. Because I don't put a time limit on how long someone trains for, people are welcome and almost always stick around forever. So once they have digested the necessary info during the six months.........later on they reap the rewards. A lot of it depends on the person.
So, what did you guys get out of it besides meeting a cool group of guys that you could learn technicals from and be friends with? I mean, is it more getting to know what it is really like to be a pro and the mental issues behind it? More like 6 months of therapy, that kind of thing?
I wouldn't say therapy, or what it's like to be a pro. It's just more of how to approach each session with the correct mindset, and how to deal with the little things that cost a lot of people money. You don't have to be a pro or even aspire to be a pro. I don't know how much I can/should say. But this isn't some +ev or -ev thing, that you can determine it's worth with by money alone. A lot of things that Steve taught help me out out side of poker, and in my day to day life.I look forward to meeting whoever is picked.
I wouldn't say therapy, or what it's like to be a pro. It's just more of how to approach each session with the correct mindset, and how to deal with the little things that cost a lot of people money. You don't have to be a pro or even aspire to be a pro. I don't know how much I can/should say. But this isn't some +ev or -ev thing, that you can determine it's worth with by money alone. A lot of things that Steve taught help me out out side of poker, and in my day to day life.I look forward to meeting whoever is picked.
I'm now giddy, rarely wear pants, and kick kittens.What does that tell ya?
I'm now giddy, rarely wear pants, and kick kittens.What does that tell ya?
You're still old and should be put in a home asap