Wsop Europe £10,000 Main Event | Day 4

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Negreanu Can't Call ShakerchiA very large pot just developed over on the feature table, between Daniel Negreanu and Talal Shakerchi, who seems to be in quite a few pots now and who's increased his stack past the half million point.Shakerchi was on the button, and I caught the action from the turn, when the pot started swelling beyond the norm. The board stood 6 :D 6 :club: 4 :4h 2 :D and Negreanu had bet out 90,000. Shakerchi took quite a while, and eventually flat called.River: 4 :ts Now Negreanu bet out 120,000, fixing his opponent with a top class sidelong stare while he (Shakerchi) dwelled again, before coming to a decison and moving all in for what looked like about that amount again. This clearly displeased Negreanu. He really put himself through the wringer, recapping the action of the hand to himself, while gesticulating with one pointing finger. Having talked it through (I wish I could hear what he was saying) and received not even a whisper from the all-in Shakerchi, he eventually said something I think I caught correctly, "I have to figure you have four sixes," and threw his hand away. Someone asked what he himself had, but received, "It doesn't matter," as the fair enough response.Negreanu down to 260,000.Gus Hansen part deux????

Justin Smith Awarded Dwell of the Tournament AwardIf such a thing existed, it would go to Mr. Smith - albeit not without reason. Smith saw the flop with Daniel Negreanu and big blind Stanislav Alekhin (who, the hand before had taken down a good few chips flopless after reraising from the small blind).Flop: 10 spades, 5 hearts ,7 hearts , Everybody checked.Turn: 6 spades Check to Smith, who bet what looked like 75,000. Over to Negreanu, who considered for what turned out to be a comparatively short while before moving all in. Alekhin passed, but Smith now sat for upwards of five minutes, hands clasped.At first Negreanu made some effort at chatting, but after a while just sat there, resting head on hand, staring into the middle distance. Other players at the table got up and stretched their legs, or stared at what was going on on the other table, but all Smith did was say, "That's a really big bet." It was 200,000 more for him to call - an amount which makes a considerable difference. Just when it looked like the whole table was going to drift off, literally, he passed, and Negreanu stacked his new chunkier stack of 540,000go DN tid

LOL?Mondo Bizarro Giganto Hand-oScott Fischman and Chris Elliott saw a {K-Spades} {10-Clubs} {4-Hearts} flop and apparently fell in love. With the flop.The Betting:Fischman: check.Elliott: bet around 16,000.Fischman: raise another 35,000.Elliott: raise another 65,000.Fischman: raise another 75,000.Elliott: raise another 105,000.Fischman: fold.Elliott showed {A-Hearts} {A-Spades}. Fischman plummets to 180,000.

Justin Smith Eliminated in 16th Place (£36,200)Justin Smith and Daniel Negreanu saw a flop; it was exactly 3 clubs, 7 hearts, 6 spades, . Smith bet out, Negreanu raised to cover him, and Smith called.Smith:7, clubs, 7 diamonds for top setNegreanu:4, 5, of hearts for the straightTurn: 5 diamondsRiver: K heartsHandshakes, applause and an exit for Mr Smith into the waiting arms of his £36,200 payoutpicture of justin Smith on his Cell phone with the caption underHello, poker gods? I'd like to complain about Daniel NegreanuUpdated CountsWith the bust of Justin Smith, the feature table's spread of chips is something approximating this (rough counts especially for seats 1-4 due to angle of approach between cameras):Talal Shekerchi - 385,000Bengt Sonnert - 600,000Toni Hiltunen - 255,000Daniel Negreanu - 550,000Soren Kongsgaard - 105,000John Juanda - 1,450,000Stanislav Alekhin - 620,000

GG Justine Smithand GG BT!Brian Townsend Eliminated in 15th Place (£45,250)All in preflop, Townsend started out behind and stayed there all the way.Townsend: {A-Clubs} {8-Spades}Fischman: {10-Hearts} {10-Diamonds}Board: {Q-Clubs} {5-Hearts} {8-Hearts} {J-Hearts} {J-Clubs}With a rather brutal fist pump, Fischman and his former short stack were delivered a lifeline, while a handshakey and slightly saddened Townsend was Town-sent home with £45,250 to console him.I'm sure he'll still make the FT!

Negreanu Can't Call ShakerchiA very large pot just developed over on the feature table, between Daniel Negreanu and Talal Shakerchi, who seems to be in quite a few pots now and who's increased his stack past the half million point.Shakerchi was on the button, and I caught the action from the turn, when the pot started swelling beyond the norm. The board stood 6 :D 6 :club: 4 :4h 2 :D and Negreanu had bet out 90,000. Shakerchi took quite a while, and eventually flat called.River: 4 :ts Now Negreanu bet out 120,000, fixing his opponent with a top class sidelong stare while he (Shakerchi) dwelled again, before coming to a decison and moving all in for what looked like about that amount again. This clearly displeased Negreanu. He really put himself through the wringer, recapping the action of the hand to himself, while gesticulating with one pointing finger. Having talked it through (I wish I could hear what he was saying) and received not even a whisper from the all-in Shakerchi, he eventually said something I think I caught correctly, "I have to figure you have four sixes," and threw his hand away. Someone asked what he himself had, but received, "It doesn't matter," as the fair enough response.Negreanu down to 260,000.Gus Hansen part deux????
Confusing hand to me. If Daniel actually had a hand it would have to be 22,53,?4 or an over pair. But if he had any of those hands then him leading out 120000 was a bad miscalculation in my view because it had little chance to work. It had to be an ugly river for him and he probably should have just checked and folded but I guess he wanted to find out if he was ahead without committing all his chips. He just couldn't let it go without a fight
Confusing hand to me. If Daniel actually had a hand it would have to be 22,53,?4 or an over pair. But if he had any of those hands then him leading out 120000 was a bad miscalculation in my view because it had little chance to work. It had to be an ugly river for him and he probably should have just checked and folded but I guess he wanted to find out if he was ahead without committing all his chips. He just couldn't let it go without a fight
Unless it was a complete bluff my guess is that he had 53 and that is why he came out betting the turn to protect his hand.
Unless it was a complete bluff my guess is that he had 53 and that is why he came out betting the turn to protect his hand.
AA? wish i knew how the hand played out before that point