October Goals

September Goals:I am going to be unable to play poker for nearly half the month. I will be out of town for 5 days at the beginning of the month and have non-poker guests for a week at the end of the month. For this reason, I won't be able to put in a full month of poker.1) Put in 10,000 hands at HU NL($1) FAIL (4059 hands)--> Make a concerted effort to follow all the advice I have learned from Tre PASS--> Continue reviewing every single session with an in-depth analysis PASS--> I'm not going to post a winrate target, but if I do the above two things, the results will speak for themselves2) Play as many mid-stakes Stars tourneys as possible FAIL (6 tournaments)--> Keep a positive ROI on the month FAIL--> Make another final table (or two, or three, or...) FAIL--> Maintain (at least) 8 stars on OPR. It would be great if I could keep the 9 star rating, as I think the ROI and final table goals would then take care of themselves. PASS (but only because the sample size is too small to affect my stars)3) Profit $100,000. FAIL (+$924)
Graph-PG-September2008.jpgStats-September2008_edited.jpgSeptember Results:Online poker profit: .............. +$844Rakeback: ............................ +$80Live poker: .............................. N/A (no live poker this month :club: )Total .................................... +$924October Goals:Poker Goals:1) 20K hands at NL HU
  • Only one-table, while doing an in-depth analysis of my opponent
  • NO AIM CHATTING while playing (Skype is still ok)

2) Profit $4k3) Only step up to NL($2) HU when I have achieved all three of the following:

• Over 20,000 hands at NL($1)
  • A win rate of >5ptBB/100 over the entire sample (I actually hope to have >10 ptBB/100, but I need a lower cut-off)
  • At least 50 buyins online for NL($2)

4) Play at least 20 tournaments and be proud of all of my decisions

• Show a positive ROI

Non-poker goals:

1. Submit my paper and start my second paper
  2. Write at least 20 pages of what will eventually become my thesis
  3. Continue working out 3 times a week
  4. Climb at least twice a week
  5. Win (or at least tie) one of my curling games

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merby, hu4rollz at curling? I live a block away from our curling rink. (Is it called a rink?) I've played like 10 times in gym class.

Alright, so the numbers are going to look a little funny at first, but I'll explain after:1. Play 193 2.20 HU SNG on Stars2. Win 126 of them3. Make a concerted effort to be browsing and posting in the strategy forumsNo excuses, I stupidly took some bad shots, and these are the numbers I need to get my roll back to where I'm rolled for .25/.50. Yeah heads up is kind of a swingy way to get the roll back up, but the play is just so bad and I think playing HU is good for my aggression and hand reading. Oh, and I needed to learn some discipline.Have a lovely October everybody.

October isn't being as cooperative as September was.Whats a better training site for 6max limit...DC or Stox/cardrunners?
I think i would go wtih DC for low stakes games. Cardrunners is great but I think it is more for people in the mid stakes games.

I only put in 400 hands today and got owned pretty hard. I'm not in the right frame of mind to try and get unstucko.

sept was my best poker month ever. in oct i want to try to steer away from plo8 and play more lhe and plo. the 2/4 and 3/6 lhe are just so good right now, they actually might be softer then when i used to play lhe exclusively two years ago. im already rolled for 5/10 lhe, i would like to start taking some shots at it by the end of the month if the first three weeks go well. i also want to continue playing around with the 8 game trying to get the stud games down. i think its a good place to learn it since i have an edge over most of the players in the other games. if i could get good enough to have an edge playing stud at the middle limits, well, i think it would be a very profitable spot.

October isn't being as cooperative as September was.Whats a better training site for 6max limit...DC or Stox/cardrunners?
i paid for dc recently. they have a few different people who do lhe videos and they all have slightly different styles, so it works out really well. they also have all the joe tall videos if you wanted to get the basics of stud down. i can't vouch for the accuracy of what he says in those videos, but they seem pretty good (i feel like they've helped me).plus the DRM issues, dc over card runners anyday.

1. start playing regularly again2. figure out what to use, how to use it, to track at least number of hands played for bragging rights3. play more live games at local crap-sino4. stop sucking with pocket pairs5. read another poker book, haven't in over a year (maybe even power hold'em strat)BOOM! :club:

1. start playing regularly again2. figure out what to use, how to use it, to track at least number of hands played for bragging rights3. play more live games at local crap-sino4. stop sucking with pocket pairs5. read another poker book, haven't in over a year (maybe even power hold'em strat)6. Keep my FCP avatarBOOM! :D
FYG (Fixed your goals)Your avatar always makes me feel sooo cheerful :club::D:5c:4h:ts
GraphPG-October1-162008.jpgHalfway point of my month.I'm not on pace for my month goals, but I *am* almost exactly on pace for 1/2 my goals (10k hands and $2k profit).
Way to avoid my hu4rollz@curling challenge. Hows the married life going? How was Vegas?
I deftly avoided the hu4rollz curling challenge because we have a new team this year: my lead has never curled before, my second and third have both curled only 1 year and I (with my *vast* 3 years of curling experience) am somehow the most qualified person on our team to be the skip. We have somehow found ourselves in a league where probably the average lead has 5 years experience and the average skip has >15 years experience... As a plus, due to some scheduling errors, the league organizer mixed up the schedule for the first week, causing my team to sit out the week. The end result is that we ended up getting a 'Tie' on record against the best team in the league for that week......So far, three weeks later, that is the best result. Our second best result so far was when we only lost 14-to-4 after 6 ends and shook hands (there are normally 8 ends played, but it is customary to shake hands after 6 ends if it is 'hopeless').As for your other comment... I suppose you've jinxed me for my first trip to Vegas. When I go down there, I will now inevitably have a drunken night of epic proportions of debauchery where I will remember none of it... but wake up with a ring on my finger and a floozy on my arm...

WGI, I think you have merby and I confuzzed. Married life is going great, Vegas was a ton of fun (even though I crapped out in the pokers dept. there -- details in blog).

WGI, I think you have merby and I confuzzed. Married life is going great, Vegas was a ton of fun (even though I crapped out in the pokers dept. there -- details in blog).
lollllllll yes. I did have you two confused. I knew it was one of Tre's students. I'm glad you had a lot of fun. Tell me you got a prenup?
We're both PLO players who became Tre students, so that is understandable :club: