Palin Is Becoming An Embarrasement To Her Own Party

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like John McCain. I feel sorry for John McCain. I watched this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AdXUjk_Rqs and you just have to feel for the guy. He has to be thinking, "What in the world did we do here? Is it too late to call Romney? I can't stand the guy, but man, he would be a big help on economic issues." So Palin does an interview with Couric and gets blasted for it, even by members of her own party who cringe every time she speaks publicly. You cannot, and I repeat cannot possibly be objective and at the same time think she handled herself well in the Katie Couric interview. The things that came out of her mouth were so random and weird you just had to wonder, is this some kind of a joke? I feel for McCain, but I think him doing the interview along side her in response to her awful interview was a dumb move. It looks so much like Grandpa coming in to speak on behalf of her daughter trying to correct one of her boo boos at school. This Palin addition to the ticket will go down as the worst choice for VP in history and it won't be close. She is completely out of her league in Washington and looks so uncomfortable I want to, like, hug her and tell her, "It's OK to quit and go back to Alaska, the people of Alaska love you and that's more your speed. This is just not for you." I know VPs don't factor in much in terms of how people vote, but the McCain camp really needs to make sure they hide her away after the debate. I'm talking a long hunting trip or whatever, and don't let her come out of the woods until November 5th. She is a complete disaster.
She has helped more than she has hurt. Yeah, you want to hug her. 11 pages is to much to go through, but are people really buying your brand anymore? Somehow I kind of doubt it. For each mistake she has made, I can give you 20 Obama has made, which you just decide to let slide because that is who you choose to back. You're not about any kind of fair look here, it's an ideological war and you have chosen your side, which is neat and all but let's not forget that it doesn't matter. Mistakes are made, wrong things are said, or nothing is said, or alot of "John is absolutely right" is said. Or, how about just a look of disgust when called on his spending plans and the spending he has proposed. Million per day was it? If the man was not black he would be nowhere near where he is at. Wait, if he wasn't half black and half white, or whatever it is you are trying to sell today.

You know, I should probably post this considering the tone of my recent posts. I have an issue with Daniel right now, and it's personal and it's near and dear to me, and stated simply it's this: Daniel has verbally picked a fight and disrespected my people. His slants, his degradation, his hatred aimed at Palin is can only be seen as slights on people like her. Like, my mom, who raised five kids of her own and adopted a troubled, "slow" child. Like at least 30 women I can think of off the top of my head that helped shape who I am, normal, everyday people, many of who would make better leaders than any party could ever produce. It's as simple as that, so now it's on like ****ing donkey kong. I'll get over it, but let's be clear. When I am in Vegas next time if someone points and says,"Hey, there's Daniel Negreaunu" my reaction will be nothing more than "Meh." I may or may not say hi- I don't really care. Truth is I am a little annoyed at myself for allowing myself to care, even a little bit- I should have been all over him from day one when it came to this but I compromised my own integrity in the interest of playing nice, but hey, we are all blinded by celebrity at times.

No. You are about to see the biggest, cleanest rope a dope ever manufactured in politics.
if this is honestly the case, and if the right is telling palin to look clueless so that she can let loose and surprise us, then that will be one of the most devious, dishonest, and absolutely horrific things that will have happened in politics in my lifetime.i hope you realize how utterly terrible that would be if it (and i sincerely doubt it is) turns out to be the case.
You know, I should probably post this considering the tone of my recent posts. I have an issue with Daniel right now, and it's personal and it's near and dear to me, and stated simply it's this: Daniel has verbally picked a fight and disrespected my people. His slants, his degradation, his hatred aimed at Palin is can only be seen as slights on people like her. Like, my mom, who raised five kids of her own and adopted a troubled, "slow" child. Like at least 30 women I can think of off the top of my head that helped shape who I am, normal, everyday people, many of who would make better leaders than any party could ever produce. It's as simple as that, so now it's on like ****ing donkey kong. I'll get over it, but let's be clear. When I am in Vegas next time if someone points and says,"Hey, there's Daniel Negreaunu" my reaction will be nothing more than "Meh." I may or may not say hi- I don't really care. Truth is I am a little annoyed at myself for allowing myself to care, even a little bit- I should have been all over him from day one when it came to this but I compromised my own integrity in the interest of playing nice, but hey, we are all blinded by celebrity at times.
Easy guy. I'm sure that you've had people that have rubbed you the wrong way for no particular reason. I think that's the thing with Daniel and Sarah Palin. And perhaps that's part of my problem with John McCain too. But I've not seen in any of Daniel's posts where he put Sarah Palin down because she was a mother who raised 5 kids including a special needs child. That's not something to slight her about but to praise her for. And I don't think that questioning her ability to lead this country is off limits either. You might not like it but it's the way it is for anyone who runs for office. Just like I get pissed off when people tell me that it's too bad that my husband has a terminal illness but hey we made our choices so too bad. I go totally off on people who say things like that as you well know. So it's something that everyone does occasionally - taking things personally that aren't necessarily meant that way. And just like I've had to learn to take a deep breath and cool down when it happens to me, so you need to do the same. Everyone has their hot buttons.
Sometimes it's hard not take peoples views on politics personally and that goes for people on both sides of the aisle. Daniel may have insulted "your" people but lets look at it rationally. You seemed to take his comments regarding disliking Palin personally even though he went on and stated it wasn't for the trivial stuff as much as it was her views. What a shock a liberal dislikes a conservative for there views. I have toned down my posting in this forum as it is hard for me to understand the notion that people are poor because they're lazy, sex ed shouldn't be taught in schools etc. Not to mention the constant blasting the more conservative folks give to us liberals accussing us of being sheep even when we give sound reasoning for our views. For the most part I choose to not view any of this as disrespecting my people and the values that were instilled in me just a differing of opinion. I enjoy reading the opinions of most in here and respect those that express differing views in a mature manner however if I see a post by someone who I feel goes out of there way to instigate arguing rather then discussion I do my best to ignore it or read it with the thought in my mind not to take it personally. If you seriously get this offended reading a blog or posts that you feel the need to retaliate with hostile posting just ignore them or take them for what they are someone's opinion and not an indictment on you personally.
Easy guy. I'm sure that you've had people that have rubbed you the wrong way for no particular reason. I think that's the thing with Daniel and Sarah Palin. And perhaps that's part of my problem with John McCain too. But I've not seen in any of Daniel's posts where he put Sarah Palin down because she was a mother who raised 5 kids including a special needs child. That's not something to slight her about but to praise her for. And I don't think that questioning her ability to lead this country is off limits either. You might not like it but it's the way it is for anyone who runs for office. Just like I get pissed off when people tell me that it's too bad that my husband has a terminal illness but hey we made our choices so too bad. I go totally off on people who say things like that as you well know. So it's something that everyone does occasionally - taking things personally that aren't necessarily meant that way. And just like I've had to learn to take a deep breath and cool down when it happens to me, so you need to do the same. Everyone has their hot buttons.
AIDS from the gay sex or lung cancer from smoking?
So who are your people exactly ?You know from the tone of some of my responses to you that I don't like the way that you post a lot of the time. It isn't anything personal and has nothing to do with your beliefs or positions but in the tone you often take and the way that you debate. I'm genuinely curious who your people are because I find it hard to understand how you can personally take offense at Daniel's opposition to Palin the politician. Do you think that Daniel is anti-Woman or anti-Mother ? The most important person in his life is his Mother and his relationship with her is as close as any.I don't doubt that you have the feelings that you've said that you have but to project Daniel's dislike for Palin the politician to people in your life seems to be a real stretch and one that I hope you'll re-examine.
She has helped more than she has hurt.
The evidence suggests otherwise.
For each mistake she has made, I can give you 20 Obama has made, which you just decide to let slide because that is who you choose to back.
This is becoming a common defense of Palin. The problem is not that she has made "mistakes" the problem is that she is simply not competent. "Mistakes" would be a fair characterization of her interviews if they were temporary interruptions of an otherwise impressive display of competence. They aren't; with Palin the inability to answer political questions intelligently is the rule not the exception.
No. You are about to see the biggest, cleanest rope a dope ever manufactured in politics.
Please elaborate? What are you getting at here?
So who are your people exactly ?You know from the tone of some of my responses to you that I don't like the way that you post a lot of the time. It isn't anything personal and has nothing to do with your beliefs or positions but in the tone you often take and the way that you debate. I'm genuinely curious who your people are because I find it hard to understand how you can personally take offense at Daniel's opposition to Palin the politician. Do you think that Daniel is anti-Woman or anti-Mother ? The most important person in his life is his Mother and his relationship with her is as close as any.I don't doubt that you have the feelings that you've said that you have but to project Daniel's dislike for Palin the politician to people in your life seems to be a real stretch and one that I hope you'll re-examine.
It's mildly offputting that you always respond on Daniel's behalf... it's like Daniel lets the air out of LMD's bike tires and then when the fight is starting the big brother, Bob, runs over and does all the fighting.on a side note: no one likes how LMD 'debates'.
so is it from these 30 mothers (or whatever the **** you are talking about), that you learned how to be a whiny ****ing bitch? you sound like that britney spears kid on youtube. give me a ****ing break.

Let's not forget this interview was done by Mrs. Left wing herself, she is the same woman who asked the question of the family of the young man who was gay and beaten to death if"... you blame the religous conservative groups like Focus on the Family for your sons death?"

I don't think any of the responses that Palin made were the result of ridiculously partisan questioning, they were things like "What political media do you pay attention to?" (she couldn't name a magazine or newspaper) and "Name a Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade where you feel like the judges overstepped their bounds." (she was super general and even said "cases like Roe v. Wade") I guess this can all just be written off as her being bad at interviews, but even if that's all it is, it's still a bad thing for her when that's her primary tool for communicating with voters.

AIDS from the gay sex or lung cancer from smoking?
Are you trying to push my buttons then? I assume so. But my husband has Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. And they don't know which job and which crap he breathed that caused it. Fiberglass boat manufacturing plant, overhead crane operator for a foundry or being a commercial carpenter for 14 years. But he's never smoked in his life. And they've given him between 3 and 5 years before he suffocates from the disease. So how funny is THAT now?
The problem is not that she has made "mistakes" the problem is that she is simply not competent. 'Mistakes' would be a fair characterization of her interviews if they were temporary interruptions of an otherwise impressive display of competence. They aren't; with Palin the inability to answer political questions intelligently is the rule not the exception.
I don't like Palin or Obama, so I can be fair on this, I think. I have yet to see any evidence that Palin is any less competent, and she is definitely just as experienced, as Obama. The attacks on her are purely ideological, and totally unbalanced. If Obama and Biden got the scrutiny she did, CNN wouldn't have to cover anything else but their gaffes. This is the most biased election coverage I've seen in my lifetime, AINEC. I know Obama supporters don't like to admit that, but if you are being honest with yourself, you'll see it's true. Palin's mis-speaks are parodied and replayed endlessly, Obama and Biden's mis-speaks can only be found with great effort on Youtube.It's fine if you like Obama more than Palin, but at least admit that it's all about personality and nothing to do with content or character.
I don't like Palin or Obama, so I can be fair on this, I think. I have yet to see any evidence that Palin is any less competent, and she is definitely just as experienced, as Obama. The attacks on her are purely ideological, and totally unbalanced. If Obama and Biden got the scrutiny she did, CNN wouldn't have to cover anything else but their gaffes. This is the most biased election coverage I've seen in my lifetime, AINEC. I know Obama supporters don't like to admit that, but if you are being honest with yourself, you'll see it's true. Palin's mis-speaks are parodied and replayed endlessly, Obama and Biden's mis-speaks can only be found with great effort on Youtube.It's fine if you like Obama more than Palin, but at least admit that it's all about personality and nothing to do with content or character.
I think we have seen evidence that Palin is less competent and less experienced. It is just not clear cut (there is room for disagreement). You are drawing too wide a conclusion I think.And if you want to see Obama and Biden's mis-speaks just turn on Fox News. I wont deny though that the non-Fox News media has really gone after Palin (to the Obama campaign's detriment in some ways). fwiw, (imo) she comes off as uninformed about a large range of important issues and on a personal level I find her religious leanings to be extremely off-putting (but yes I realize that is a purely personal and ideological opinion).I think she will do well in the debate tonight. All the evidence from her gubernatorial run suggests that she can be very effective in a debate setting.
Are you trying to push my buttons then? I assume so. But my husband has Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. And they don't know which job and which crap he breathed that caused it. Fiberglass boat manufacturing plant, overhead crane operator for a foundry or being a commercial carpenter for 14 years. But he's never smoked in his life. And they've given him between 3 and 5 years before he suffocates from the disease. So how funny is THAT now?
no. Are you in the process of fact gathering and preparing a lawsuit?
no. Are you in the process of fact gathering and preparing a lawsuit?
Lawsuit against who? Idiopathic means the doctors don't know the cause. Which means we don't have a case against anyone even if they're still around (not sure about the fiberglass boat manufacturer). And any one of the ones I mentioned could point to any of the others he worked for and say it could be their fault. So there is no case. Basically in all the jobs he's had, he's breathed a lot of crap that no one should have to breathe. But unfortunately can't point at any one in particular.

from: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081002/ap_on_...esidential_raceAdding to McCain's woes, just 25 percent of likely voters say Palin has the right experience to be president if needed, a huge drop from 41 percent in the previous poll last month. She posted an enormous loss in confidence among Republicans; three in four had called her experienced enough before, but not even half say that now."If she was running the helm, she wouldn't know what she's doing," said Caitlyn Pardue, 60, a Republican from Rohnert Park, Calif., who decided last week that she probably would vote for Obama after determining that Palin "doesn't have the breadth of knowledge."She really needs to do well tonight just to get the GOP voters back on her side apparently.

It's mildly offputting that you always respond on Daniel's behalf... it's like Daniel lets the air out of LMD's bike tires and then when the fight is starting the big brother, Bob, runs over and does all the fighting.on a side note: no one likes how LMD 'debates'.
This is true. My style is direct and I don't pull punches. Some don't like it, some find it fresh in that I don't beat around the bush wasting time giving some the benefit of the doubt when I know right off the bat that they are clearly wrong. I then tell them why. Bob, nobody said DN's mom was not important to him. Let's go back to what this stems from, shall we? This all goes back to his post stating she was in the top two of politicians he hated within one week of her being nominated. The MSM had no clue who she was yet, how in the world did he? Unless it was based off of offensive B.S. personal things like this: A. She hates animals. Why, because she eats meats, and hunts for it? That's a personal issue. Alot people eat meat. They don't hate animals. The day she runs up to a canary cage and stuffs one in her mouth and chomps down real big, I will be on his side, until then, this is just a slight against normal people who can actually enjoy themselves at a buffet. Plain and simple. B. She hates the environment. What? She lives and enjoys life in arguably one of the more beautiful parts of the world. Is this because she wants to "drill here, drill now," to lower prices? Again, this is B.S. Logically then since we expect the rest of the world to increase production it's perfectly o.k. to let countries with less standards **** up the environment, which by extension makes Daniel an Environment hater. Yeah, I said it before, and I will say it again. Daniel hates the environment. See how ridiculous that is? I have no business saying that. Neither did he. C. Doesn't like her accent. He uses his forum and his "power" to spread garbage like this? Shame on him. This one is to easy, just shame on him. D. Thought that the whole hockey mom thing was silly. So do I. It in no way gives her the experience needed to be the VP. What it does do is is bring her down a level or two and shows a side that most politicians refuse to show, unless it's on a stage. Her "hockey mom" life is what millions of people do everyday, it's what I do everyday in my relationship. In my world I am the one who handles all the dentists appointmets, soccer practice, etc., and I guarantee I could do a better job than DN at running a country. So, while he may think it is silly that is who normal people are. The point, Bob, is this: When this first all started DN could not have been more vocal, and he had NOTHING, just personal crap. Now, he has been trying to backpeddle like that never happened. It did, and everybody knows it. Now, he could just put out a statement to the effect of,"Look, you know what, you guys are right. My intial slams on Palin when I put her in my top two politicians I hate group were petty, personal and ill formed. I shouldn't hate people just because they eat meat, that's unfair and really a little biased being I don't usually do that, etc." He COULD go this direction, but instead, he says in his blog " two people" etc, etc. I won't even bother to address what garbage that is, suffice to say that if I indeed am one of those two people I will change my personal sig to Person 2, and defer to Cop for the Person 1 badge, because you know what? Cop had the balls to stand up to DN's B.S. before I did, and he deserves to be the number one in this little group. I am proud to stand with him in this. It needed to be done. DN is who he is, it's out there more an more for everyone to see. His problem right now isn't so much me and Cop as it is our ability to just lay his positions open for what they are, and I am sure it is embarrasing. I won't apologize, God knows I have been embarrased plenty of times in my life, deservedly so. He's a big boy, he can take it.
from: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081002/ap_on_...esidential_raceAdding to McCain's woes, just 25 percent of likely voters say Palin has the right experience to be president if needed, a huge drop from 41 percent in the previous poll last month. She posted an enormous loss in confidence among Republicans; three in four had called her experienced enough before, but not even half say that now."If she was running the helm, she wouldn't know what she's doing," said Caitlyn Pardue, 60, a Republican from Rohnert Park, Calif., who decided last week that she probably would vote for Obama after determining that Palin "doesn't have the breadth of knowledge."She really needs to do well tonight just to get the GOP voters back on her side apparently.
obviously this is true. When everyone in America sees her stumbling and then being mocked by SNL over and over they start believing it. Even if she hasn't been given a fair shot at expressing herself. Tonight is that night. She looks good, McCain can win. She looks bad, the race is over. The problem is that no one really knows her yet, so tonight is the night. Ironically, I don't even think the race would be as close as it has been without her. She is definitely the key to the entire campaign. If she looks retarded again, and the numbers are tracking 60-35, like I predicted with my family before Palin, then I may vote 3rd party after all.