2008 Wsop-e £10,000 Main Event | Day 2

This is why Snoopy is reporter of the year:Clubbed to DeathWith the board reading , Scott Montgomery led out for 10,000, Jean Thorel made it 30,000 and Montgomery flat-called. On the turn, Montgomery checked, Thorel announced, "All in," and Montgomery made the call.With a gargantuan pot hovering around the 200,000 mark, we had a showdown, and one that inevitably garnered the interest of both press and rail alike. Whilst Thorel tabled for a pair and a flush draw, he was going to need to dunk himself in a vat of Vaseline to squirm his way out of this one as Montgomery revealed for the flopped set.But squirm he did, the crowd-gasping on the river awarding him an absolute monster of a pot and prying a unified gasp of horror from the onlooking rail.As a deflated Montgomery slumped his head in devastation, Thorel simply couldn't hide his emotions. Not since my mother met my first girlfriend have I witnessed such relief, the Frenchman raising his arms in victory and quite literally wiping the sweat from his brow.As a result, Thorel is now chasing the chip lead with 225,000, whilst Montgomery has plummeted back down to 30,000.

pretty ricockulous top 8 chip leaders right nowandy bloch 300 000erik seidel 297 000daniel negreanu 235 000john juanda 220 000justin smith 215 000brian townsend 210 000mike matusow 200 000brandon adams 190 000