Sm. Ball Approach

Ok so yesterday I was playing in this poker tournament after just reading the sm. ball part of Daniel's book and I was doing really well with the whole small ball idea i was slowly building a big stack while staying above the average chip count all day. I made my way to the final table and was down to just me and another guy who was the chip leader. He had me probably 4:1 in chips and was really pushing me around. This happens to me all the time where I am way out chipped when it comes to a heads up situation. How can I still use my small ball approach but also be able to compete with someone that has me out chipped 4:1?

sure it will.OP bets 1/10th the pot on the river. I shove with missed draw, op snap calls with 3rd pair I lose :club:

Ok so yesterday I was playing in this poker tournament after just reading the sm. ball part of Daniel's book and I was doing really well with the whole small ball idea i was slowly building a big stack while staying above the average chip count all day. I made my way to the final table and was down to just me and another guy who was the chip leader. He had me probably 4:1 in chips and was really pushing me around. This happens to me all the time where I am way out chipped when it comes to a heads up situation. How can I still use my small ball approach but also be able to compete with someone that has me out chipped 4:1?
By the time you get to HU I(and probably the finally table except in a very deep stacked tourney) the stacks are too shallow. You need an effective minimum of 30-40 bbs to have any hope of small ball being effective.
HU outchipped 4:1 small ball is over. you need to become a maniac.