What Actually Happened On Thursday

Yes, it's Rush. If you can manage to swallow your hate and read through it and still don't believe it, read through the 11 different articles he links to for his facts:http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/sit...5107.guest.html If people- and by people, I mean liberals- actually read through all of this stuff and come out the other side actually thinking Obama and the Democrats are the good guys here, I don't know what else anyone can do for you. As you are reading through this, consider this: The perception of the economy is that it is in a shambles, which is good for Obama, yet Republicans have fought this proposal the whole way. Why? Isn't it in there political best interest to get it done? Yet, they haven't played ball. On top of that, why do they need to? The Dems have a majority, they don't need the Repubs, so, the question is: Why do they want them? Anyway, read through it, read the linked articles, and lets see how objective you fellas really are.

Yes, it's Rush. If you can manage to swallow your hate and read through it and still don't believe it, read through the 11 different articles he links to for his facts:http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/sit...5107.guest.html If people- and by people, I mean liberals- actually read through all of this stuff and come out the other side actually thinking Obama and the Democrats are the good guys here, I don't know what else anyone can do for you. As you are reading through this, consider this: The perception of the economy is that it is in a shambles, which is good for Obama, yet Republicans have fought this proposal the whole way. Why? Isn't it in there political best interest to get it done? Yet, they haven't played ball. On top of that, why do they need to? The Dems have a majority, they don't need the Repubs, so, the question is: Why do they want them? Anyway, read through it, read the linked articles, and lets see how objective you fellas really are.
Probably not likely for a majority of people.

A quote from Barney Frank about the deal that has been reached: "Rep. Barney Frank, D-Massachusetts, the House leader on the issue, said the final plan will be a compromise that includes some of the original Bush administration proposals and elements demanded by congressional negotiators."I do think we have reached as good a product as you can in this democracy given all the interests," Frank said." All the interests? There should be ONE. YOU. ME. TAXPAYERS. THAT'S IT. Democratic run congress at a 9% approval rating. 9%. And some of you are so blind as to think electing a Democrat is the way to go? Even Bush isn't at a 9% rating, nowhere close. This is just disgusting. "Given all the interests." I can't wait to see the final draft of this turd.

This is pretty much a standard tactic from the Left - Wait for the Republicans to develop a proposal and then immediately rip whatever it is. While I am certain that this is done by the Right too, the Left really perfected the tactic during the Newt "Contract with America" years. During that time the Left hit rock-bottom in terms of actually having any strong, unified, and correct positions of their own - so they were forced to just torpedo anything that the Right proposed simply because it was coming from the Right who held all of the cards.

This is pretty much a standard tactic from the Left - Wait for the Republicans to develop a proposal and then immediately rip whatever it is. While I am certain that this is done by the Right too, the Left really perfected the tactic during the Newt "Contract with America" years. During that time the Left hit rock-bottom in terms of actually having any strong, unified, and correct positions of their own - so they were forced to just torpedo anything that the Right proposed simply because it was coming from the Right who held all of the cards.
This is the sick part- none of this is being reported by CNN,MSNBC,ABC, even FOX. None of it. If I hadn't been to Rush's site I would have the impression that McCain arrived and made it worse, when the truth is he didn't really say much, he just listnened. I guess on some level I realize that this is just pointless on my part, many on this site who need to see this probably wont even bother. I think it's shameful how much research I put in on both sides to come to decisions and we have people that post on here using media coined terms like McSame and shit like that. The lack of depth on the left is pathetic at best, and borderline criminal.

I had heard bits and pieces of it from other radio shows, especially about Obama being the one that blew up the meeting, and then the cryptic admission that he works better on the phone. and of course it will be dismissed as Rush's spin. The Democrats need the Republicans on their side on this for two reasons....if the bill has some questionble provisions, the Republicans have ammunition in the most important election issue, and could blast the Dems line by line; second if it doesnt work they dont get the sole blame.There's only one thing I disagree with you about LMD....the names are fun. They can have McSame if we get Blowbama, Dingy Harry, Osama bin Biden, Schmucky Schumer (most appropriate name change in the history of politics in its literal form, he's truly a despicable human being).

It would help if some of his "source articles" were not really paragraph blog blurbs (and if all the ones that back up his claims were not from the WSJ or the National Review). The Cnn article he links to makes it sounds like the House GOP is the ones who sandbagged the Dems.As usual, I consider the source and therefore I take this "reporting" by Rush with a grain of salt.I also clicked on some of the other links on some of the 11 pages Rush's article links to....yikes.

This is the sick part- none of this is being reported by CNN,MSNBC,ABC, even FOX. None of it. If I hadn't been to Rush's site I would have the impression that McCain arrived and made it worse, when the truth is he didn't really say much, he just listnened. I guess on some level I realize that this is just pointless on my part, many on this site who need to see this probably wont even bother. I think it's shameful how much research I put in on both sides to come to decisions and we have people that post on here using media coined terms like McSame and shit like that. The lack of depth on the left is pathetic at best, and borderline criminal.
The fact that FoxNews is not even willing to run with this should tell you something. The fact that you had to do so much research to find someone willing to put forth this nonsense should tell you something. You guys always tell liberals to consider the source or that the MSM has no credibility. And yet Rush is supposedly the neutral voice of reason who came forward on this issue?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...2603957_pf.htmlSomeone isn't telling the truth and I think we all know who that is. :club:
exactly, each side has their version of what really went down in those meetings......but if we don't believe Rush Limbaugh's version (which is so fantastic that even Fox News won't run with it) we are ignoring "facts" or "reality".
The fact that FoxNews is not even willing to run with this should tell you something. The fact that you had to do so much research to find someone willing to put forth this nonsense should tell you something. You guys always tell liberals to consider the source or that the MSM has no credibility. And yet Rush is supposedly the neutral voice of reason who came forward on this issue?
QED
This seems kind of naive to me. Not all taxpayers have identical interests. Democracy is always about negotiation and compromise.
I think youre interpreting what he said too narrowly. A representative republic is about negotiation and compromise, but the end goal should always be whats in the overall best interest of the taxpayers, not special interests. The only thing naive about that is possibly the belief that it generally happens.
I think youre interpreting what he said too narrowly. A representative republic is about negotiation and compromise, but the end goal should always be whats in the overall best interest of the taxpayers, not special interests. The only thing naive about that is possibly the belief that it generally happens.
He was criticizing Frank's comment "I do think we have reached as good a product as you can in this democracy given all the interests," which is a perfectly reasonable comment. The "overall general interest" is always some compromise between competing interests of the constituents.
He was criticizing Frank's comment "I do think we have reached as good a product as you can in this democracy given all the interests," which is a perfectly reasonable comment. The "overall general interest" is always some compromise between competing interests of the constituents.
we agree about something again! it only took a few weeks
I like Rush. Guess that puts me in the "Minority"
I meant the majority of people who are not inclined to listen to or like Rush or the things that he says. A lot of liberals and dems have a very real and deep hatred of Rush because of what he says and how he says it.
I meant the majority of people who are not inclined to listen to or like Rush or the things that he says. A lot of liberals and dems have a very real and deep hatred of Rush because of what he says and how he says it.
deep hatred and no sense of humor.