Looshle First On Star Tlb For The Month

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whee! Congrats Looshle!When's the match?

Sunday, I'm thiking 2-7 single draw now
Loosh. I think my advice for you would be to pick the game you feel you have the best advantage over ANYONE. If that is NL...then pick NL etc.OBV you are a better player than Moneymaker imho...so pick the game you think you are bestest at.Looking forward to to the Loosh pic on Stars!
Loosh. I think my advice for you would be to pick the game you feel you have the best advantage over ANYONE. If that is NL...then pick NL etc.OBV you are a better player than Moneymaker imho...so pick the game you think you are bestest at.Looking forward to to the Loosh pic on Stars!
Picking my best game has nothing to do with the biggest edge.I could be an A+ Omaha player and he could be an A.I could be an A- 2-7 player and he could be an F.
Picking my best game has nothing to do with the biggest edge.I could be an A+ Omaha player and he could be an A.I could be an A- 2-7 player and he could be an F.
What Justin is trying to say is he has a poker gpa of 4.0, and Moneymaker is a 3.0 at best.

Can you pick horse? That may be a good idea if your not too sure about his weakist game, obviously I don't know how strong you are in 2-7 and badugi but If I had to make an educated guess I would think a guy like moneymaker might be profecient in these games? I have played a lot of hu horse sit n go's in the past and even if someone is ok at horse they may make alot of errors if playing hu. let me know if you need a training partner if you are thinking horse might be a good idea.

Let's be honest. Even an "F" player at Moneymakers level (not a joke I promise) will have a good understanding of the basics of any game that is being played on Stars. This is a 1 time HU match which means variance/luck/flippage will play a pretty large part of the result. In fact, a player who is an "F" at a game may play so against the norm of expectation of an "A" player like yourself that it could actually work against you in the beginning and by the time you've adjusted it could be too late.I agree with the people that say you need to play YOUR best game.I would agree with those that say you should play your opponents worst game if this were a Best out of "x" series.Just my thoughts ...
Let's be honest. Even an "F" player at Moneymakers level (not a joke I promise) will have a good understanding of the basics of any game that is being played on Stars. This is a 1 time HU match which means variance/luck/flippage will play a pretty large part of the result. In fact, a player who is an "F" at a game may play so against the norm of expectation of an "A" player like yourself that it could actually work against you in the beginning and by the time you've adjusted it could be too late.I agree with the people that say you need to play YOUR best game.I would agree with those that say you should play your opponents worst game if this were a Best out of "x" series.Just my thoughts ...
The EV of a match doesn't change with how many times you play it, the variance just decreases.
The EV of a match doesn't change with how many times you play it, the variance just decreases.
I disagree. A better player's EV will increase in a series of HU matches as they learn to adapt to the other player's tendencies. A lesser player will be more inclined to focus on their game versus adapting to their opponents game. The combination of those two things will increase the EV of the better player.And yes, I agree with the fact variance obviously decreases as well the more matches you play.
I disagree. A better player's EV will increase in a series of HU matches as they learn to adapt to the other player's tendencies. A lesser player will be more inclined to focus on their game versus adapting to their opponents game. The combination of those two things will increase the EV of the better player.And yes, I agree with the fact variance obviously decreases as well the more matches you play.
Yes but if Looshle finds a game that Moneymaker somehow does'nt have a solid understanding of the fundamentals in then Moneymaker won't be paying much attention to what Looshle is doing and will spend more time trying to figure out what the proper fundamentals are, I agree though that he probably does have a basic undrestanding of those games though just based on a guess. But 2-7 and badugi are the games that are most obsolete so if he does'nt have experiece in them he could be ridiculously -ev. For example I think I have a fairly good basic understanding of all poker games except for 2-7 and Badugi, I have basically no real understanding of what I'm doing and even a horrible overall poker player who has some basic knowledge and experience would probably be a big fav vs. me for one match just playing basic abc.

LooshI guess I didn't make my point well.I am agreeing w/ u, I was just saying don't pick a game like 2-7 for example where U PERSONALLY are only OK at just because Moneymaker may suck at it. (Not saying u aren't good at 2-7...just using it as a point). I would pick the game that u feel u have the biggest edge over him at....which is basically what you are saying.GL!

Put up the WHEEEEEEEEEEL as your picture!
dude, we can put our own picture on this website. go grab a deck of cards, and pull out A-5. Ill get a camera, and you can take a picture of me holding them face up all akwardly.

Goooooooooooo Loosh. I wouldn't pick either Lhe or Nlhe vs. Moneymaker. He is certainly decent at both HU. I hope you can find a game you have a large edge in and take it down. Good luck sir.