Lack Of New Content Is Just Getting Worse

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to decided if Mac is capable of laughing at his own joke as a multi-level deflection. I'm going to guess that it's not him.
It's organized spammers. That was about the 10th spammer today with drug ads.
It's organized spammers. That was about the 10th spammer today with drug ads.
Oh man... do you think it was spammers with a delicious sense of irony, or do you think it was pure coincidence that they posted in this particular thread. I personally think it's a sign from Jehovah that I was right about paul.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you see this poster , BIGDMCGEE, post any post that resemble anything that might include....Let me recommend you play...If you're ever in this situation, I recommend...If I were you, I would not play any cards that...To be a great poker player you need to...or any post that even have the words:PokerCards7-2SIGN OFF IMMEDIATELY OR RISK INFECTION!!!!!!!!See below for further warning. Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Network Filter BigDMcGee 109 -$5 $21 -21% -$575 Tilt FullTilt x bigDMcgee 1 -$11 $10 -100% -$11 - Party Poker x BigDMcGee 351 -$4 $12 -18% -$1,553 - PokerStars x ContactsFor queries relating to SharkScope email support@sharkscope.com If your avg resembles this poor bastards, give up poker and take up comics book collecting. If are still addicted and just can't give it up, go to Pokervt and skip the Small Ball section and so straight to "Beginners".Sponsored by stayawayfromfish.com

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If you see this poster , BIGDMCGEE, post any post that resemble anything that might include....Let me recommend you play...If you're ever in this situation, I recommend...If I were you, I would not play any cards that...To be a great poker player you need to...or any post that even have the words:PokerCards7-2SIGN OFF QUICK!!!!!!!! Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Network Filter BigDMcGee 109 -$5 $21 -21% -$575 Tilt FullTilt x bigDMcgee 1 -$11 $10 -100% -$11 - Party Poker x BigDMcGee 351 -$4 $12 -18% -$1,553 - PokerStars x ContactsFor queries relating to SharkScope email support@sharkscope.com If your avg resembles this poor basterds, give up poker and take up comics book collecting. If are still addicted and just can't give it up, go to Pokervt and skip the Small Ball section and so straight to "Beginners".Sponsored by stayawayfromfish.com
Good thing I'm not selling a sit-n-Go educational course, huh?Here's someone who is, how ever..Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Network Filter KidPoker 66 -$278 $4,065 -3% -$18,319 - PokerStars x

Seriously D, what books or sites do you recommend for cash games. (Please don't recommend any online poker aid sites..lol)And don't say something like "Penthouse" (or Playgirl... not that there's anything wrong with that...) or "Nakedpoker.com"BTW, I love you on Ghost Hunters!

I think I had a cantankerous heaving on my lip once, but I got a cream that cleared it up.
For those playing at home, cantankerous has nothing to do with a sore and everything to do with something that was heaving to and fro on his lip.Cream has everything to do with a form of cream, and yes it is kinda clear.
Seriously D, what books or sites do you recommend for cash games. (Please don't recommend any online poker aid sites..lol)And don't say something like "Penthouse" (or Playgirl... not that there's anything wrong with that...) or "Nakedpoker.com"BTW, I love you on Ghost Hunters!
What I actually recommend most for cash games is becoming an active participant in online forums, be it here, pocket fives, 2+2, or some other forum where people talk seriously about strat. Strat forums are an invaluable tool, and an excellent way to get many different perspectives on the way you and other people play. I myself play primarily limit games, hold 'em and omaha8 and some mixed. There are very few good books about limit games these days, and the ones that were good were pretty much all written by 2+2. If I wanted to go beyond books and forums, and join one of these sites for no limit cash games, I would probably join CR, as that's where a huge amount of grinders subscribe, if for no other reason than to learn what they are doing ( as JC already said). However ,I don't have a terrible amount of interest in that, at the moment. I've watched a couple CD limit hold 'em videos, and they were interesting, but much of it is concepts I already know. It's nice, I guess, to see people's thought processes, but not really worth paying for, IMO. Really , i think the two best ways to learn poker are experience and talking with your friends (in this case, on the forums) Most of the live limit cash games I play in are laughably weak, and my biggest opponent in those games is myself, learning to master myself is the biggest key, and it's not something you can be taught in a book.
What I actually recommend most for cash games is becoming an active participant in online forums, be it here, pocket fives, 2+2, or some other forum where people talk seriously about strat. Strat forums are an invaluable tool, and an excellent way to get many different perspectives on the way you and other people play. I myself play primarily limit games, hold 'em and omaha8 and some mixed. There are very few good books about limit games these days, and the ones that were good were pretty much all written by 2+2. If I wanted to go beyond books and forums, and join one of these sites for no limit cash games, I would probably join CR, as that's where a huge amount of grinders subscribe, if for no other reason than to learn what they are doing ( as JC already said). However ,I don't have a terrible amount of interest in that, at the moment. I've watched a couple CD limit hold 'em videos, and they were interesting, but much of it is concepts I already know. It's nice, I guess, to see people's thought processes, but not really worth paying for, IMO. Really , i think the two best ways to learn poker are experience and talking with your friends (in this case, on the forums) Most of the live limit cash games I play in are laughably weak, and my biggest opponent in those games is myself, learning to master myself is the biggest key, and it's not something you can be taught in a book.
As far as limit goes, I do wish that Daniel would put some of his major effort into limit, since I heard that it was his best game.I'll tell ya the truth. If I will just sit at a 10/20 limit game for about an hour, I will do pretty decent but not anything to write about. Anything over that, I become a Mullet. Especially since I started playing so many tournaments. I really don't know when to quit and I have a bad habit of just moving all in to push guys around on smaller limit tables. The SB approach really sucks on a 1/3 table but it's not too bad on a 2/5 and a little better on 10/20 nl table. Like I say, I don't win a lot on cash, usually just enough to buy in if I have 30 minutes or so before a tournament.What do you recommend on the time limit thing. I hear a lot of guys talking about setting time limits on how long they play and leaving no matter how much they are up or down. Thinking about trying a cash game Friday night.
What do you recommend on the time limit thing. I hear a lot of guys talking about setting time limits on how long they play and leaving no matter how much they are up or down. Thinking about trying a cash game Friday night.
I think the time limit thing is completely subjective.. for some people setting a time limit might work really well, others maybe not so much. I think the most important thing not so much time, how long I've been there, but how good the game is. If the game is good, and I'm playing well, and in a good mind set, I'll keep playing. If the game is bad, or I'm playing bad or losing focus, I'll leave. This is often much easier said than done. If you find yourself losing focus after a few hours, then a time limit might be good for you. One thing that I recomend, if you're playing a long session, to take lots of breaks. Go for a walk every hour or so... go get something to eat if you're hungry ( away from the table), go look at girls, go watch people shoot craps.. get that blood pumping again.. if you're at the table for hours and hours, without break, your focus can start to get fuzzy, and you start to zone out, and aren't paying attention to the little things about the way other people play that make all the difference. If you find yourself starting to steam, go take a walk, go to the bathroom, splash some water... one of the favorite things I do after taking a few bad beats in a row, is to get up and walk to the bingo hall ( if bingo is running) and go watch bingo for a little while. it might sound silly, but there's something really strange, funny and yet calming about a huge bingo hall, that's extremely quiet, where the only noise is the bingo balls tumbling, and 100's of women hitting paper with their bingo dobbers.. it will calm you right down. The most important thing is pay attention when you're not in a hand, to see what range of hands people are playing, and how they play them. If you find yourself losing concentration when you're not in a hand, it's probably time to leave.
I think the time limit thing is completely subjective.. for some people setting a time limit might work really well, others maybe not so much. I think the most important thing not so much time, how long I've been there, but how good the game is. If the game is good, and I'm playing well, and in a good mind set, I'll keep playing. If the game is bad, or I'm playing bad or losing focus, I'll leave. This is often much easier said than done. If you find yourself losing focus after a few hours, then a time limit might be good for you. One thing that I recomend, if you're playing a long session, to take lots of breaks. Go for a walk every hour or so... go get something to eat if you're hungry ( away from the table), go look at girls, go watch people shoot craps.. get that blood pumping again.. if you're at the table for hours and hours, without break, your focus can start to get fuzzy, and you start to zone out, and aren't paying attention to the little things about the way other people play that make all the difference. If you find yourself starting to steam, go take a walk, go to the bathroom, splash some water... one of the favorite things I do after taking a few bad beats in a row, is to get up and walk to the bingo hall ( if bingo is running) and go watch bingo for a little while. it might sound silly, but there's something really strange, funny and yet calming about a huge bingo hall, that's extremely quiet, where the only noise is the bingo balls tumbling, and 100's of women hitting paper with their bingo dobbers.. it will calm you right down. The most important thing is pay attention when you're not in a hand, to see what range of hands people are playing, and how they play them. If you find yourself losing concentration when you're not in a hand, it's probably time to leave.
CR wasn't really for me. Great site but I just can't benefit from it for some dumb reason. Not bashing the site at all. It is a really great site, just not for me. Maybe because I was such a new player and didn't have enough since to put 2+2 together. I recommend to give most of the sites at least a good college try. I have heard of another really interesting site that about to come online and I'm definately going to try it. Should be a great cash game site. (If I win a million bucks, I'll wait about a year before I post a review though...lol!)I can't believe that this post has turned into a real education for me but it has truly given me some things to think about. I truly do have a problem that you've addressed. Sitting too long. One of the reason I think that helps me win in tournaments is a simple one. We have to get up every hour and half and take a 15 minute break. I recently took up smoking cigars. I am going to take a couple of oliva g's or alec bradley trilogy's with me and every hour or so I am going to get my ass out of the seat and take a 15 or 30 minute smoke. Maybe go to the diamond lounge and look over the river for a while and then go back. I usually sit so long that my freakin legs are hurting when I get up.Nice call man. Thanks.Well, time for a smoke and get some rest. I'll let you know how things go Friday. I really do appreciate it. GL bro.
Nice call man. Thanks.Well, time for a smoke and get some rest. I'll let you know how things go Friday. I really do appreciate it. GL bro.
Another thing I do is I drink alot of drinks, and I usually get them myself. Like if the coffee room has a complementary coffee machie, I get up and walk and get the coffee, or walk to the bar and get a fruit juice or a water from the tender. Even little breaks like that, even little walking around can keep you fresh. Plus, if you're drinking alot of water, coffee and juice, you have to walk to the bathroom alot.See, I'm not all spite and vitrol... you're welcome for the advice.. and just think, it didn't cost you 120 bucks to get it.

I think that experience is probably the only thing that is gonna help you decide when to quit or not. The tips you get from pros and on forum's imo will only help you speed things up a little ... but in the end you cant really say when to stop when you dont have the experience of going through long sessions of not catching cards ... long sessions of getting coolered or long sessions of winning. As Swayne said on PokerVT ... play 250.000 hands then consider playing higher limits lol

have fun storming the castle.
Well bro, it wasn't the best night but it was a night of learning. I went up $130 in twenty minutes. Flopped trips and cleaned a guy out.Won several small pots. Lost a couple of nice pots. One with K-9 in the small blind. Lost two pair to trips on the river. Next hand I had 9s, flopped 9-7-2, turned an Ace and rivered an ace and he had A-2. He raised on the flop, I reraised and he called. He went all in for his last 50 and I called. Oh well.I would like everyone's advice on this dreaded hand that we all see from time to time. I just feel that I played it really poorly.I had 7d-8h on the button with 5 limpers. I raised $15. The SB called, BB called and three others called. I was ready to fold the hand if I had to and then I flopped 9s-10s-Js. SB checked, BB bet $25, the other guys folded. I made the call and the SB called. The SB was staring at the flop all the way and the BB just folded his arms and sat back in his chair after the calls. I put the BB on top pair because I felt he wouldn't bet a flush. I was hoping that I would get a blank on the turn and push. The turn was a small diamond. SB bet $25, gun folded and I went all in because I thought that he might fold a draw since it would cost him almost all of his chips and the odds wouldn't seem right unless he had the nuts, of course. He called the second I said all in and I knew he had the monster. I showed the straight and he turned over S-S! It was almost 2 hours so I didn't put the rest of my roll in. I said nice call and lit my cigar for a nice little break. I didn't win anything after the break but didn't lose the rest of the roll either. I probably would have lost the rest if I had stayed after the beat. Nice call on the break D. I am going to do that every time now. Gets your mind off things. I'll play in a $225 freeze out tomorrow and I'll play another cash game at a larger limit table. Probably a 2/5 or 10/20 Thanks again D. I'm reserving FUpoker.com for ya.
I would like everyone's advice on this dreaded hand that we all see from time to time. I just feel that I played it really poorly.I had 7d-8h on the button with 5 limpers. I raised $15. The SB called, BB called and three others called. I was ready to fold the hand if I had to and then I flopped 9s-10s-Js. SB checked, BB bet $25, the other guys folded. I made the call and the SB called. The SB was staring at the flop all the way and the BB just folded his arms and sat back in his chair after the calls. I put the BB on top pair because I felt he wouldn't bet a flush. I was hoping that I would get a blank on the turn and push. The turn was a small diamond. SB bet $25, gun folded and I went all in because I thought that he might fold a draw since it would cost him almost all of his chips and the odds wouldn't seem right unless he had the nuts, of course. He called the second I said all in and I knew he had the monster. I showed the straight and he turned over S-S! It was almost 2 hours so I didn't put the rest of my roll in. I said nice call and lit my cigar for a nice little break.
I assume this is the hand you wanted advise on, and not the other hand. The first thing I'm curious about, is why you raised 15 with 87. I think that's okay, I suppose, if you're running over the table, but you certainly weren't. If the game is a loose passive game, who call over sized bets like that, I don't mind making raises like that on the button, but 87 just seems a little weak, and I get the impression your stack was relatively small. The idea with raise like that, is to either steal the pot, or get it heads up, so you can make a play at the pot on flops you miss ( and you'll mis most). If the small blind called, the big blind called, and the three others call, that game is probably nice and loose, and all you're doing by raising there is building a pot. You only want to build a pot if you have a large hand, or a deep stack. I'm gussing you had around 150 in your stack ( you dont' say exactly how much), so by raising 15 and getting 5 callers, the pot is already 90, large. Really, your only choice is getting it all in on the flop, on the turn. I probably would have pushed on the flop, actually, to make pairs and flush draw or pair and straight draw type hands make mistakes. If someone has out flopped you, you probably aren't getting away from your hand, because the post is so big in relation to your stack. Consider if you've just limped on the button. Now, if you limp, the pot only has 16 in it, instead of 90. It's much more manageable. You have many options how to play your hand post flop. Lets say the BB bets out 10, you call, the small blind calls, now the pot has 46. If the SB bets out there, say, something like 10 ( since he under bet in the original hand, you'd assume he underbets here), You can call, you can raise 30-40, and see what he does. If he pushes on the turn, you can probably throw your hand away, and feel good about it ( unless he's a real action player). Or, if the BB bets ten, and you raise to 30, and the SB cold calls or raises, this can send bells off in your head, that he's strong, and you can get away from the hand. by making that raise preflop, you make the pot artificially large and you're also wacking 10 percent chucks of your stack away, for no good real reason. Playing a hand like 87off, particularly for a raise, is something you want to do with a much bigger stack. If your stack and everyone elses stack, had say, 1000, then that raise is a nice sweetener... and you can play your hand much different after the flop, so you don't go broke. With small stacks in loose preflop NL games, you should just play really tight. If you had a hand like 77 there, you might raise to make the pot bigger, so if the flop came down K73, the pot will be big enough that you'll get all your money in by the river. I just don't see any sense in making large raises that people are apt to call in loose games with weak hands. All that does is let the guys limping in with big hands to do little dances that their plan worked out and re-pop you to punish you.I'm not sure how soon the 99 hand was from the 87 hand, but it seems to me like you made a boredom raise that you were not really sure why you made. I'd be curious what the reasoning is for making that raise, maybe the texture of the game or your stack size was different than the impression I'm getting. If you're winning alot of hands uncontested preflop with 15 raisers from multiple limpers, then it makes more sense.Also remember, alot of the advise you get on how to play live games is geared toward tigher online games, not live games. Live games tend to be much looser, so "Power" raises with weakish hands on the button, to pick up the money, work much less effectively in a loose, social live game than they do online or in a tournament, where there is more fold equity. In a game like you describe, I would probably just play really tight and hope make hands that can beat top pair, and break people who over play one pair hands. Dumbed down, tight obvious poker usually wins the money in 1/2.

Solid advice.As for the status of the table. I was second in chips. I had been in about 20% of the hands. I never saw a $10 bet get anyone out of the game if there were more than 3 people in the pot. The pot was $19 so I thought the 15 would get me 20 and if I hit it then great but if not the it was an easy fold. I knew that suited was only 3% better but the toughy hit with a flopped flush and strt for me. I was afraid to push on the flop because I didn't want to give anyone two shot to let their K or A hit. You pointed out my mane problem. I was already playing in a lot of pots and should have picked a better hand to steal on. Even a dry Ace might have been better there. Just a weak play.Thanks man. Forgive me but you'll probably get a few more of these before I catch on. I don't know why but I am not as patient in the cash games.