Discomfort With The Bailout

I was referring to my old Broker Dealer, I think this year they had their top producer retreat at the Del.I have yet to make one, because basically you have to make like a half a mil per year. So its not like they are wining and dining guys that make 60K for them. These guys make them a ton, and they rely on them for hitting their production goals.I don't do much insurance, only when it is necessary, but say I am going to place a big policy for an Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust to pay for estate taxes. I get 10 quotes back and AIG is $42,866 a year for a premium and Hartford is $42,890. I am probably going to use AIG if they are going to take me to a big shindig. Its the same cost to the client, either way they are getting a top rated company, and getting the cheapest possible price, but as a sales person I would lean toward the one that benefited me the most if it was the same benefit to the client.
Ive mentioned my former boss and Biden backer before. Obviously at $10 million per year in new premium he had his perks. He was able to take his senior staff and wives along on any of the boondoggles, even though we werent producers. The best of them was a week an Acapulco.
  • Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very interesting article, I am not as knowledgable about these issues as some of you are. I would like to hear what you all think. http://mises.org/story/3147 It rings true to me.
Its typical mises "illuminati in the guise of Austrian economics" stuff imo. It presents enough fact and rationality to disguise the underlying elitism and disdain for "joe sixpack", willing victim of the "power elite". Its not as paranoid as gradin, but close to it.