The David Letterman Debacle

Sorry Daniel -- This is NOT the responsibility of the Federal Government -- A basic difference between liberals and conservatives. Look no further than all the fiasco's the federal government has involved itself in -- All Failures ripe for fraud waste and abuse as we have seen we freddie and fannie.Sorry Daniel -- The Government has failed us big time -- Get them the hell out of our business including "scholarship programs" which is just a another program that is full of waste and not accountable to anyone. Education, Health Care, Housing, Mortgages, Retirement programs, Environment --- Look at all the shit the federal government is involved in and it is all failing.
Sorry Johns would rather not have the federal government involved in bailing out Wall Street. Funny how you're all for smaller government as long as it's only poor people involved. But when it comes to the financial markets you're all for corporate welfare.
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Johns would rather not have the federal government involved in bailing out Wall Street. Funny how you're all for smaller government as long as it's only poor people involved. But when it comes to the financial markets you're all for corporate welfare.
I dont want the bailout as outlined. It should be an insurance program paid by financial company premiums with guarantees kicking in only when needed.
I dont want the bailout as outlined. It should be an insurance program paid by financial company premiums with guarantees kicking in only when needed.
I'd actually be inclined to agree with you Cope. Too bad it won't happen that way. And I'd stand to still lose if regional banks fail since I have a fair amount of stock in one of them. But I'd still like to see the idiots that caused this mess go down. Only problem is they will take most of America with them if they do.I just hope this bailout won't lead to hyperinflation as some of the economists are predicting. All in all, I'm pretty sure that it will do things that were never intended.
Let's keep it simple....Daniel is a known wigger number oneHe is also a far left loon number twoHe is also an idiot number three3 strikes and who cares what he says
You're an embarrassment to anyone who pays attention to politics. How can you post something like this and expect people to think you're anything but a buffoon?
Different targets. You're elitist, they're idiots.
ROFL at elitist! Someday I'll post a picture of my living room with 3 different colors of carpet in it and the ceiling still in sheetrock after 13 years. I have a lot more in common with the average redneck gal than I do with an elitist. :club:
ROFL at elitist! Someday I'll post a picture of my living room with 3 different colors of carpet in it and the ceiling still in sheetrock after 13 years. I have a lot more in common with the average redneck gal than I do with an elitist. :club:
Sorry, but the way you talk to and deal with those who believe or act differently from you, tells me that you're elitist. I know I'm not the only one to see this with you either.I guess we can agree to disagree, but your comments when you post, that you are just trying to 'educate' us are so insulting I can't get past it. I wish it was only a one time incident, but I have seen it more than once. Friends?
Sorry, but the way you talk to and deal with those who belief or act differently from you, tells me that you're elitist.I guess we can agree to disagree, but your comments when you post, that you are just trying to 'educate' us are so insulting I can't get past it. I wish it was only a one time incident, but I have seen it more than once. Friends?
Lol friends. Must come from being a substitute teacher. I'll try not to do any more "educating" on here :club:
Lol friends. Must come from being a substitute teacher. I'll try not to do any more "educating" on here :club:
I don't remember specifics and I'm not going to look, but I know they're there.I think it was the personal anecdote thread you made about your hate and vitriol for McCain, and when you received a collective sigh from non-democrats here, you replied in no less than five posts that you were just simply trying to 'educate' us. I just take that sort of stuff personally, because you are basically saying that we're too stupid to think for ourselves and that we should just spoon feed on whatever you give out.I know not everyone agrees with me, but I keep pretty quiet as far as pushing my beliefs on others and keeping my opinions mostly quiet. Whereas you coming and posting in order to 'educate' those among us, it's apparent to me that you're being elitist, even if you're not trying to be.I know I've seen you post that you're 'educating' us in more than one place too. It's not a huge deal but it's enough of a deal breaker to not take you very seriously from that point on. I think you're insulted because you don't even realize you're doing it.I'm just saying you sound arrogant without spending time to see where others are coming from. I could be and might be way off base, but I've paid attention and I'm just telling you how I see it.With that said, you don't seem like you have a mean bone in your body, but I don't like your words sometimes.
Let's keep it even more simple: Ban.
we joined within 3 days of each other, and while I've made just over 100 posts, you appear to have been living here with over 4,300. Ahh the internet......where the geeks have power
we joined within 3 days of each other, and while I've made just over 100 posts, you appear to have been living here with over 4,300. Ahh the internet......where the geeks have power
Yeah, I have no life. You know me so well.
I don't remember specifics and I'm not going to look, but I know they're there.I think it was the personal anecdote thread you made about your hate and vitriol for McCain, and when you received a collective sigh from non-democrats here, you replied in no less than five posts that you were just simply trying to 'educate' us. I just take that sort of stuff personally, because you are basically saying that we're too stupid to think for ourselves and that we should just spoon feed on whatever you give out.I know not everyone agrees with me, but I keep pretty quiet as far as pushing my beliefs on others and keeping my opinions mostly quiet. Whereas you coming and posting in order to 'educate' those among us, it's apparent to me that you're being elitist, even if you're not trying to be.I know I've seen you post that you're 'educating' us in more than one place too. It's not a huge deal but it's enough of a deal breaker to not take you very seriously from that point on. I think you're insulted because you don't even realize you're doing it.I'm just saying you sound arrogant without spending time to see where others are coming from. I could be and might be way off base, but I've paid attention and I'm just telling you how I see it.With that said, you don't seem like you have a mean bone in your body, but I don't like your words sometimes.
I think that was my reaction to some of Cope's posts before I realized that's just his style. Sorry you were insulted. It wasn't intended.
I think that was my reaction to some of Cope's posts before I realized that's just his style. Sorry you were insulted. It wasn't intended.
dont mind jeepster, he just has the emotional fortitude of a 3 year old. anything you say on the internet will offend him. strange considering hes always been a troll.
I have way way more power than both of you then. And you're a fucking moron.
dont mind jeepster, he just has the emotional fortitude of a 3 year old. anything you say on the internet will offend him. strange considering hes always been a troll.
Says the idiot who can't do anything more than resort to name calling. Feel free to engage me anytime you fucking moron. I know you're being serious here, and your post is quite funny. I mean, you make multiple posts in threads that you should expect to defend your position, and all you do is call people names. Do you realize how foolish you look?Oh well. Ignorance is bliss and all that.
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone watched Letterman last night, but he asked a lot of tough questions to McCain. It was pretty funny watching McCain not giving an excuse as to why he bailed on him, all he said was "I screwed up"

Don't know if anyone watched Letterman last night, but he asked a lot of tough questions to McCain. It was pretty funny watching McCain not giving an excuse as to why he bailed on him, all he said was "I screwed up"
Yeah, it's a tragedy and hilarious when a someone admits a mistake. How faggy of them.