Any Metal Heads Here?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but when I was younger, whenever we saw a metal-looking dude, one of us would stick our arm out the car window, make the horns and holler out "SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" in a low pitched, nefarious voice. They usually just looked at us, but about 20% of the time, they would make the horns back and say "RIGHT ON!"Then, for the rest of the day we would randomly make the horns and say "SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" to people we encountered, as a surrogate for the word "Yes".At McDonalds:Q: Would you like fries with that?A: "SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"At the Pool Hall:Q: Your pool table will be ready in 15 minutes, OK?A: "SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"At the bookstore:Q: I'm short on quarters, do you have exact change by any chance?A: "SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

No, but when I was younger, whenever we saw a metal-looking dude, one of us would stick our arm out the car window, make the horns and holler out "SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" in a low pitched, nefarious voice.They usually just looked at us, but about 20% of the time, they would make the horns back and say "RIGHT ON!"Then, we would laugh for the rest of the day.
The funny thing is, Slayer is about 20 times better than any of the bands the OP listed.
Ever heard slipknot?
"I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY EEEEYYYYYYEEEESSSSSS!!! ITS THE ONLY THING THAT SLOWLY STOPS THE HEADACHE!!!!!!!!!IF THE PAIN GOES ON, IM NOT GONNA MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Yeah i can go for a lil slipknot sometimes....not my fav band though.System of a Down? That's metal right?
Scram's story was entertaining.I definitely wouldn't call Slipknot metal, I'd classify them more as gay.
Hmm now that you mention it, a bunch of guys wearing leather masks is a bit dodgy..
"I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY EEEEYYYYYYEEEESSSSSS!!! ITS THE ONLY THING THAT SLOWLY STOPS THE HEADACHE!!!!!!!!!IF THE PAIN GOES ON, IM NOT GONNA MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Yeah i can go for a lil slipknot sometimes....not my fav band though.System of a Down? That's metal right?
Not to turn this into the 'What you've been listening to thread' but ive been listening to SOAD's self titled first album, and find it so much better than their later stuff, heavier riffs, funky tempo changes etc. etc. i'd even go as far to say it's better than toxicity.Slipknot are pretty lame imo
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but slipknot ain't metal.
Was going to say
System of a Down? That's metal right?
No. Well, toxicity and stuff before that bordered on it, but after that they really sucked balls and don't count as metal.I've really got into Megadeth and Marty Friedman's solo career lately, Countdown to Extinction is just awesome.
Not to turn this into the 'What you've been listening to thread' but ive been listening to SOAD's self titled first album, and find it so much better than their later stuff, heavier riffs, funky tempo changes etc. etc. i'd even go as far to say it's better than toxicity.Slipknot are pretty lame imo
Full agree with everything posted.
I definitely wouldn't call Slipknot metal, I'd classify them more as gay.
Na they have some decent songs. I only like their 2 latest albums which aren't really the same style as their first 2. I'd agree with them not being the same metal as other bands I mentioned but metal is probably their closest category. I used to love SOAD but listened to them too much.Shieky:Check these megadeth songs-Tornado of souls-Peace sells-Take no prisoners-Burnt Ice-99 ways to die-Holy Warsthey got so many other good songs that I cant think of.

Slayer was pretty much the best metal band ever. Listened to them a ton in the 90's when all i did was Surf, Skate, and smoke.Now I rarely listen to them because I am older and would rather listen to mellow music, but every once in a while I get the urge and I blare Raining Blood at "11" and remember the good ol days.

Na they have some decent songs. I only like their 2 latest albums which aren't really the same style as their first 2. I'd agree with them not being the same metal as other bands I mentioned but metal is probably their closest category. I used to love SOAD but listened to them too much.Shieky:Check these megadeth songs-Tornado of souls-Peace sells-Take no prisoners-Burnt Ice-99 ways to die-Holy Warsthey got so many other good songs that I cant think of.
Gotta throw in Hook In Mouth and In My Darkest Hour on the Megadeth list. And I hope when you mention In Flames, you're talking about The Jester Race and Whoracle days. They were bad ass then. Not so sure about now.Nando
Yeah I dunno if I've ever even heard their music, I was talking more about their weird fetishes on stage.
whoa whoa, I only know their music, which I can enjoy occasionally when I'm trying to prepare for bashing someone's face in or killing small animals, but what kind of onstage fetishes are we talking about?
whoa whoa, I only know their music, which I can enjoy occasionally when I'm trying to prepare for bashing someone's face in or killing small animals, but what kind of onstage fetishes are we talking about?
Probably their mask wearing and weird head banging. Maybe they do other shit but ive never seen them live.