Benyamine Nears 1 Million On Rail Heaven

You're only called when DB has AA, KK, QQ and at the lowest JJ? Metagame obv opens his range slightly more but does that list include AQ / AJ? Anyway, enough strat, this is Gen Po where drunks talk about $4.40s and say "Hai der."
Ok you're very wrong about the range the DB calls with but besides that getting it in with AK pre especially when you're 4-handed is very standard at any stakes.
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok you're very wrong about the range the DB calls with but besides that getting it in with AK pre especially when you're 4-handed is very standard at any stakes.
OK, understand the range being slightly too tight, but do you think DB is calling $93,000+ with AQ / AJ? I somehow can't see that happening, and as I said, Durrrr knows he's flipping for stacks when he is called.I don't mind a flat call, to then evaluate on the flop when you still have 102BBs behind. May as well burn the mobnies IMO.
OK, understand the range being slightly too tight, but do you think DB is calling $93,000+ with AQ / AJ? I somehow can't see that happening, and as I said, Durrrr knows he's flipping for stacks when he is called.I don't mind a flat call, to then evaluate on the flop when you still have 102BBs behind. May as well burn the mobnies IMO.
He might not get called most of the time. Durr holding AK, makes it less likely Beny. has AA or even KK. Beny. would probably fold most hands to the shove and there's where the value is shoving is because it's hard for Benyamine to even call with QQ. Say you didn't know your opponent had AK and you were holding QQ or JJ and you get 3 bet all in, would you call? You might think you were up against KK or AA and be way behind. Best case scenario is that your opponent holds AK and you're flipping. I mean four handed you'd probably tank and call but it would still be tough. Durr figured if he does get called, he's only behind KK or AA and at worst flipping with any other hand. Basically, he's just unlucky he was up against AA. That's the best way I can think about it.
He might not get called most of the time. Durr holding AK, makes it less likely Beny. has AA or even KK. Beny. would probably fold most hands to the shove and there's where the value is shoving is because it's hard for Benyamine to even call with QQ. Say you didn't know your opponent had AK and you were holding QQ or JJ and you get 3 bet all in, would you call? You might think you were up against KK or AA and be way behind. Best case scenario is that your opponent holds AK and you're flipping. I mean four handed you'd probably tank and call but it would still be tough. Durr figured if he does get called, he's only behind KK or AA and at worst flipping with any other hand. Basically, he's just unlucky he was up against AA. That's the best way I can think about it.
I agree.I think some value with shoving AK also comes from the times you're up against a smaller pair and end up hitting your A or K on the turn or river, where as if you just flat preflop, you might not get past the flop.

This is the dumbest conversation ever. It is a standard hand. The amount of money has nothing to do with it being a +EV play or not. Nobody here has any idea what these guys bankrolls look like.Edit: the thread started off so great and climaxed with timwakefields post, and you guys are killing it with stupid strat conversation about AK vs AA aipf.

This is the dumbest conversation ever. It is a standard hand. The amount of money has nothing to do with it being a +EV play or not. Nobody here has any idea what these guys bankrolls look like.Edit: the thread started off so great and climaxed with timwakefields post, and you guys are killing it with stupid strat conversation about AK vs AA aipf.
so sorry
Thats the point though, this isn't .5-1. This is $500-$1000. And IMO it's a bad play. But that's why I don't play $500-$1000 clearly.
No
Maybe it's just me, but this is the prime example of a 0 play ya? - Edited to add, obv Durrrrs tilt factor means he's willing to flip for stacks.You're only called when DB has AA, KK, QQ and at the lowest JJ? Metagame obv opens his range slightly more but does that list include AQ / AJ? Anyway, enough strat, this is Gen Po where drunks talk about $4.40s and say "Hai der."
NO
NO!
YES!!!
Why so sorrious?Mark
cwik didn't like my discussion. guess it's too basic to discuss
fwiw, you were mostly right in the discussion except that time you considered folding AK pf.
Yes, it was a wrong and brief thought but after thinking about it a bit more, i think I redeemed myself a little. :club:

Somebody posted this at the PokerRoad forumHilarious first hand! :D:ts:4h:D:club: First Hand of FTP London Million Dollar Cash Game (Phil Ivey Hand)- Spoiler --------------------------------------------------------------------------------I was checking out Michael Craig's blog as he gave updates/insight about last years Million Dollar Cash Game and it seems that this year might be even better: (http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/poker-blog/page/5)Cards were in the air at 2:10 and by 2:15, Patrik Antonius had re-bought. Everybody but Tom “durrrr” Dwan started with $100,000. (Dwan has $200,000.) On the first hand, Ivey moved all-in for $100,000 from the button. (Blinds are $300-$600, with a $100 ante.)Patrik Antonius, in the big blind, smelled something was up and called. Ivey shoved with 7-3o. Patrik called him with K-6.OK, it’s gonna be THAT KIND of a game.And, of course, first card off the deck is a three for Phil and it holds up, so he wins $100,000 in the first two minutes of the game and Patrik rebuys for another hundred-k.

To put it simply to you guys, as you move up in stakes, the nuts is no longer just AA. AA/KK/AK/QQ are all essentially the nuts 100 BBs deep because of how aggressive the games are. You know how you are taught never to fold KK preflop even in the nittiest games? Well widen that range for high stakes. Durr doesn't necessarily think he's flipping all of the time with AK. He can easily have Benyamine dominated.It's also not about calling $93,000. If you can't view a hand in BBs and not money, you can't succeed in poker. They were about 100 BBs deep, getting AK AIPF is mega standard.Both of you have been members of this forum for a long time (a lot longer than I have at least). It would do you a lot of good to spend more time reading strat to be able to understand situations like this a lot better.
Maybe it's just me, but this is the prime example of a 0 play ya? - Edited to add, obv Durrrrs tilt factor means he's willing to flip for stacks.You're only called when DB has AA, KK, QQ and at the lowest JJ? Metagame obv opens his range slightly more but does that list include AQ / AJ? Anyway, enough strat, this is Gen Po where drunks talk about $4.40s and say "Hai der."
How the hell can anyone start saying when he's on tilt? He plays so crazy in general that we can have no clue what his mental state is like at any time
Somebody posted this at the PokerRoad forumHilarious first hand! :D:ts:4h:D:club: First Hand of FTP London Million Dollar Cash Game (Phil Ivey Hand)- Spoiler --------------------------------------------------------------------------------I was checking out Michael Craig's blog as he gave updates/insight about last years Million Dollar Cash Game and it seems that this year might be even better: (http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/poker-blog/page/5)Cards were in the air at 2:10 and by 2:15, Patrik Antonius had re-bought. Everybody but Tom “durrrr” Dwan started with $100,000. (Dwan has $200,000.) On the first hand, Ivey moved all-in for $100,000 from the button. (Blinds are $300-$600, with a $100 ante.)Patrik Antonius, in the big blind, smelled something was up and called. Ivey shoved with 7-3o. Patrik called him with K-6.OK, it’s gonna be THAT KIND of a game.And, of course, first card off the deck is a three for Phil and it holds up, so he wins $100,000 in the first two minutes of the game and Patrik rebuys for another hundred-k.
Wtf???
To put it simply to you guys, as you move up in stakes, the nuts is no longer just AA. AA/KK/AK/QQ are all essentially the nuts 100 BBs deep because of how aggressive the games are. You know how you are taught never to fold KK preflop even in the nittiest games? Well widen that range for high stakes. Durr doesn't necessarily think he's flipping all of the time with AK. He can easily have Benyamine dominated.It's also not about calling $93,000. If you can't view a hand in BBs and not money, you can't succeed in poker. They were about 100 BBs deep, getting AK AIPF is mega standard.Both of you have been members of this forum for a long time (a lot longer than I have at least). It would do you a lot of good to spend more time reading strat to be able to understand situations like this a lot better.
I agree with you. I've been here a long time but I mainly just surf general when I have time. I should read strat more but I don't because it's not fun. Not an excuse to not go there but just saying.I'm also old (well, compared to most of the younguns on here who are still in school) and poker is just a hobby for me. I do learn a lot from the challenge thread though. When I do play poker, I'm tired from my day at work and time with my family. Obv. it's better to play when I'm rested and focused but if I wait till then, I'd never play. Thanks for the advice though, i need a kick in the ass, I will try to read some strat today. I've been playing PLO lately. very swingy and I've got to learn that even 2nd or 3rd nuts to a pot size three bet is usually a lay down. I mean I know it but when the time comes and I've been getting shit cards for 2 hours, it's hard to fold 2nd nuts. Then bingo, my stack is gone and I have to quit for the night before i lose more money.

i think even at midstakes his play is pretty standard.AA,KK,QQ and AK (even offsuit) will never be folded preflop. THese are all considered the nuts. (i don't remember, but he was about 100bb deep?)AK holds up well vs many holdings (also card cancelation of AA and KK) and dominates a lot of hands that continue past 3betting at these stakes. Someone who has durrrs image wouldn't even need to think twice about shipping in his AK in preflop. i'm sure he'd do it even if he was deeper, (not in the same line i'd assume, but he'd be willing to get it in with AKs 200 bb deep). also he'd be willing to do this at a full 6 handed table -- the table wasn't full at the time? (not too clear on the details).

i think even at midstakes his play is pretty standard.AA,KK,QQ and AK (even offsuit) will never be folded preflop. THese are all considered the nuts. (i don't remember, but he was about 100bb deep?)AK holds up well vs many holdings (also card cancelation of AA and KK) and dominates a lot of hands that continue past 3betting at these stakes. Someone who has durrrs image wouldn't even need to think twice about shipping in his AK in preflop. i'm sure he'd do it even if he was deeper, (not in the same line i'd assume, but he'd be willing to get it in with AKs 200 bb deep). also he'd be willing to do this at a full 6 handed table -- the table wasn't full at the time? (not too clear on the details).
Should have just gone with: Standard.