Kqo, Button Raise Gone Bad

Villian stats: 36/2.25/1.3Full Tilt PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $15.95UTG+1: $62.60CO: $88.70mattnxtc: $25.65SB: $8.55BB: $13.25Pre-flop: (6 players) mattnxtc is Button with Q :D K :ts UTG calls, 2 folds, mattnxtc raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: K :4h 5 :club: A :D (6.5SB, 3 players)BB checks, UTG checks, mattnxtc bets, BB calls, UTG folds.Turn: 4 :5c (4.25BB, 2 players)BB checks, mattnxtc bets, BB raises, mattnxtc calls.River: 3 :D (8.25BB, 2 players)BB bets, mattnxtc ???I think this plays pretty straight forward. I made what I felt was the correct decision, but now I am questioning it. What say you all?

you ever consider checking the turn and calling a bet on the river in situations like this?if you had second pair and the board was more like qt35 on the turn i would say bet for value, but the ace changes things i think. as played if you call the checkraise you have to call the river.

Fold the turn if you think you're behind. You don't have the odds to draw, and you're almost never getting a showdown without putting in another bet.I don't hate the check turn/call river line, but you should know that the player is willing to fire his complete range on the river.

I play this exactly the same and call the river. I think the check turn/call river line misses too much value if the guy is going to showdown a reasonable % of the time. Our odds to improve combined with the % of the time we have the best hand makes the turn a call. Once you've gotten to the river, I just don't think we can fold. Call and expect to lose most of the time.Unless you know this guy is going to go for super-thin value, he probably isn't c/c,c/r with is small and medium aces. He's also 3-betting preflop with most of his big Aces, so his range is pretty polarized to bluffs/semibluffs and 2 pair hands with very few hands in between. I think this is a pretty standard calldown without a read. (I assume he was an unknown given the lack of a read in the OP.)

Is there any reason to believe that someone this passive is c/r the turn with something we beat? Granted, the turn card is a decent card to semibluff if villian thinks hero might be c-betting a pair like 99 or 88, but is a semibluff c/r even in this guys arsenal given the limited stat info we have about him?I bet the turn as well because passive means he might peel that flop with alot of hands, and may call down with a worse king or smaller pair, but once we get checkraised we're probably drawing. If we have 5 clean outs we can probably call the turn getting 7.25:1 and expect to win at least one more bet when we hit.