David Blaine

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing I hate about his card tricks is that he does it to ignorant rednecks or black people. I guess this is partly because they are the ones who will go crazy on camera but still..... Half the time when he's doing the trick he's fooling around and fumbling with the deck.I do believe he is a good performer and he works hard at pushing his body to it's limits and that's the stuff that should amaze people the most.

Another thing I hate about his card tricks is that he does it to ignorant rednecks or black people. I guess this is partly because they are the ones who will go crazy on camera but still..... Half the time when he's doing the trick he's fooling around and fumbling with the deck.
His card tricks are amazing.But what the hell...I still can't figure out what that DIVE OF DEATH!!! was supposed to be. Were we not supposed to see the wire that was used to lower him down during the "dive"? Was he supposed to snap back up really quick so we couldn't tell what was going on? When the announcer mentioned that Blaine "disappeared mysteriously" did he mean something other than being lifted by a big wire slowly out of the camera's view?How was that supposed to be anything but a huge flop?
His card tricks are amazing.But what the hell...I still can't figure out what that DIVE OF DEATH!!! was supposed to be. Were we not supposed to see the wire that was used to lower him down during the "dive"? Was he supposed to snap back up really quick so we couldn't tell what was going on? When the announcer mentioned that Blaine "disappeared mysteriously" did he mean something other than being lifted by a big wire slowly out of the camera's view?How was that supposed to be anything but a huge flop?
I am not a fan of his, but I watched the video and I still can't figure out what the hell was suppossed to happen.
EDIT:He took a ten minute break every hour as well.
EDIT:He took a ten minute break every hour as well.
Thats the part that makes it all so silly. They lowered him down every hour for 10 minutes where he could eat, drink, talk on his cell phone, etc.

If you read the YouTube comments, what was *supposed* to happen with the Dive of Death was that, just at the moment of supposed impact, all the lights flash, making everyone blind for a second while the cables whisk him away into the night before everyone's eyes had time to readjust to the darkness. So instead of a splattered body, there's empty space. For some reason, the cable didn't work, so he's just left dangling there like a dork. The worst failed magic trick in history! Live on television!

If you read the YouTube comments, what was *supposed* to happen with the Dive of Death was that, just at the moment of supposed impact, all the lights flash, making everyone blind for a second while the cables whisk him away into the night before everyone's eyes had time to readjust to the darkness. So instead of a splattered body, there's empty space. For some reason, the cable didn't work, so he's just left dangling there like a dork. The worst failed magic trick in history! Live on television!
too bad it didnt work. that would have really fooled me. what was that huge blindng light doing? oh nothing, just a coincidence. and look, he disapeared in front of our very eyes!!
well if thats the case, I guess its a good thing that it messed up before he dropped as opposed to the alternative. would've been more entertaining though.
And they can all be purchased for no more than $50 a trick.As a magician, I think he's pretty much a douche.
Well obviously he's a douche, but I'm surprised that anyone would say his street magic tricks aren't very well done.
Well obviously he's a douche, but I'm surprised that anyone would say his street magic tricks aren't very well done.
They are literally cheap tricks that anyone can buy and perform.Nothing special about them.