If Money Was Eliminated From Society, Would You Still Play Poker?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone still bother playing?? I dont see any real reason for the game to exist without money.
noted.(seriously is this a question?) :Sedit: but honestly obv nobody woudl. but where do u draw the line. would u work? buy things? care about what car you drove?
loooolSome people are just degenerates at heart, they cuold create things to gamble for. . .
Prison is a perfect example of not needing actual dollars to gamble. Anything of worth can be used to gamble.Someone needs to read up on their history.
Prison is a perfect example of not needing actual dollars to gamble. Anything of worth can be used to gamble.Someone needs to read up on their history.
I've seen Rounders buddy. You don't need to tell me. Also. . .
ROCK BAND SUCKS
Would anyone still bother playing?? I dont see any real reason for the game to exist without money.
I was thinking that, In Asia gambling is just as big as it is here.why if they are communist what is good about gambling?The challange and factor of luck is very powerfulAny thing of value can be handed over on chance will be done.It is human nature.
I was thinking that, In Asia gambling is just as big as it is here.why if they are communist what is good about gambling?
Hint #1: Asia isn't a country it's a continent made up of a number of countries and only some of them are communist.Hint #2: Even the countries that are communist aren't communist.As long as you can come up with something scarce you can play poker. Even if it's an artificial scarcity like play money chips. If we lived in a world where you didn't need money and nothing else was scarce (ie: sexual favors) then we could just play for play money in a closed system. IE play for the thrill of the competition.

I don't know the exact phrase, but there's one that goes like: Poker is just a game and money is the way of keeping score.Based on this quote it would seem like people would play with out money as long as they found another way to "keep score." But I disagree. Have you ever played in tournaments that were way below what you normally play? For instance, when I first began on pokerstars, I played in the $5 tournaments...then I made my way into the $100 tournaments. And when I try to play the $5 ones, I can't because they lost all of their importance.