Kq Off Interesting Hand Looking For Feedback

Allright, I was playing a live game at my local cardroom when this hand went down.. starting chips were 3000 and the blinds at this point were 50-100. I recieved alot of crap for the way I played this hand and I would love to see what you internet guys think.In the 3 spot I decided to raise to 300 with the KQ off. I have been relatively agressive at this point but not shown anything down despite raising several hands my reputation is that I usually have the goods. Guy to my immediate left who is well known and pretty successfull called as did the BB.Flop is 3s Qc 4s BB checks I bet 500 or 600 cant remember for sure and villain makes it 1400, BB folds and I call.Turn is the Jd.. I bet 1600 and villain callsRiver is the 9c .. I have about 1600 to 1800 left at this point and decide to check and he shoves all in. villain started the hand with about twice as many chips as I did so this leaves him with about 3000 left... I call I will share what he had after I have recieved some feedback. feel free to ask questions relating to anything that i might not have mentioned in the hand as well.

Seems to me you're committed to calling, as the pot is almost 7K. Villain did NOT raise preflop and could have AQ, I suppose, but not the most likely of holdings.Why not come over top of his reraise on the flop? The way the hand developed, more and more draws are hitting and I think you might want to take it down right there.Aside from that, why not shove the turn? Esp if you think you're ahead? As played, I suppose it's messy. KT is the nuts and the flush draw missed, so I'm getting it all in.About taking crap for your play, let me guess: The villain shoved the river with a busted flush draw (AsKs) and couldn't believe you actually called!!!! When you're getting 5 to 1 on the river with TP/2nd kicker, it's fairly straightforward...imo

Yeah, I must agree with Mercury and ask why we didn't shove the turn? If we are going to commit ourselves this much with KQo, then the turn is the place to put the money in. If you have about 3000 to start, about that amount is in the pot after the flop. Shove flop, and dodge a lot of cards.

My math doesn't seem to be as good as yours.3000 starting stackminus 300 pfr = 2700minus bet 500-600 then call raise to 1400 = 1300minus 1600 bet on turn = -300 - must have borrowed it from the BBand you still have 1600 - 1800 left??? This table isn't the Last Supper and you're not Jesus huh?Anyway, on the flop you called the raise and by my math that would have left you only 1300 and already pot commetted so you should have shoved it all in then or folded. According to your math you still had up to 3400 on the turn with 3750 in the pot but once you bet 1600 you are once again pot committed so same situation as above - shove or fold on the flop!Once you decided to call you should have consciously known you were going the distance with this hand so what was the point of calling the flop and leading the turn? Any fold equity you might have had was given up by calling. If you had any reservations about getting it all-in on the flop, that was the time to fold to the raise. If he had a hand he liked he wasn't going anywhere and would likley bet the remainder of you stack into the pot by the river but if he was making a move, you took away any chance he had to bluff on the turn by leading out - ?? curious! Calling the flop and then leading out on the turn make no sesne to me.As for my play, once I make the C-bet with TP2K, I'm already committed to the hand and it's going all-in after the villian raises! He either has another Q or more likley is on a spade flush and/or small str8 draw (As-5s for example) and raised to get a free look at the river once you check the turn. I want him to commit on the flop or get out of the pot and take away any positional advantage he has on me.

My math doesn't seem to be as good as yours.3000 starting stackminus 300 pfr = 2700minus bet 500-600 then call raise to 1400 = 1300minus 1600 bet on turn = -300 - must have borrowed it from the BBand you still have 1600 - 1800 left??? This table isn't the Last Supper and you're not Jesus huh?3000 starting chips but this wasnt the first hand I had won a few pots up to this point.

My thinking in the hand as far as why I called the flop and checked the turn is that I didnt want to put all my chips in on the flop as a small favorite or a big dog. I thought it was likely that he had the nut flush draw and would call me if I shoved. I thought it was possible that he had a set of 3s or 4s as well. Once what I felt was a good turn card I decided to bet the turn because my read was he would check behind on a draw.. WHy didnt I shove??? I have no effen clue I wish I had I realized that that was the play once the hand was over.

If you're worried about him having the 5% of hands that beat you, you're probably not pushing your small margins hard enough. You have to accept the fact that you'll lose a certain % of hands like this...Take the initiative! NL poker rewards aggression in many ways, but you still need to temper aggression with cold calculation...

3000 starting chips but this wasnt the first hand I had won a few pots up to this point.
You also said villian had twice the chips as you and would still have 3000 on the turn - that would b4 you bet your remaining chips or after? Makes no difference, I figure you were still all-in or fold on the flop.
If you're worried about him having the 5% of hands that beat you, you're probably not pushing your small margins hard enough. You have to accept the fact that you'll lose a certain % of hands like this...Take the initiative! NL poker rewards aggression in many ways, but you still need to temper aggression with cold calculation...
How very true - especially in fast format tournaments where most of the poker is played preflop and on the flop. There just arn't enough chips to play much after the flop unless you get a good sized chip lead without getting pot committed.

Ok if u have ever played life poker you would know that its difficult to remember exactly how man y chips you and your opponent were dealing with because you dont have a number next to your stack like the internet. I tried to say tat he started the hand with ABOUT twice my chips not sure on an exact number..Im going to explain my thought process for the hand to answer any questions as to why i did what i did then im going to tell u what villain had and let u guys share your thoughts I enjoy hearing what everyone has to say.Pre flop fairly standardFlop I just called on the flop because i put him on either a flush draw or a set and didnt see any good in pushing with that small of a range for him.Turn was a great card in that it wastn a club so I tried to make a bet that he would call I dint shove at the time because if he raised me I might just get away from the hand and figure he has a set and Im dead. He called so quickly on the turn taht I ruled out a set and was almost sure that he had a flush draw.River very easy decision for me I knew that i was gonna call if he shoved so my line was a check call and hope im good.

Villain had A 10 c for flush draw and inside draw on turn
Figured as much...12 outs twice. Makes it all the more reasonable to get it in early and make him pay for his draws. I'm surprised he didn't shove the flop himself...
Villain had A 10 c for flush draw and inside draw on turn
Actually I play more live than online these days so keeping count is just another skill you have to develope (with practice) in order to keep aware. Counting doesn't have to be exact - just close enough to do quick odds calculations so that helps.Your OP put the flop as "Flop is 3s Qc 4s" - but villian was drawing to a flush draw with clubs? I assume there was an error in the OP or in the reply above?? Doesn't change anything - just being nitty about the details - but according to you're read(s) the shove on the flop was your best move against a probable draw - imo.
Actually I play more live than online these days so keeping count is just another skill you have to develope (with practice) in order to keep aware. Counting doesn't have to be exact - just close enough to do quick odds calculations so that helps.Your OP put the flop as "Flop is 3s Qc 4s" - but villian was drawing to a flush draw with clubs? I assume there was an error in the OP or in the reply above?? Doesn't change anything - just being nitty about the details - but according to you're read(s) the shove on the flop was your best move against a probable draw - imo.
I assumed the OP meant spades...Backdoor flush/gutshot isn't shovable on the flop, that's for sure
Ok if u have ever played life poker you would know that its difficult to remember exactly how man y chips you and your opponent were dealing with because you dont have a number next to your stack like the internet.
Keeping a count of chips in the pot, in opponents' stacks and in your stack is one thing you absolutely need to do if you're going to play live, let alone ask for players to critique your play afterward. It's essential, because you cannot do simple things like calculate pot odds and determine relative stack cost without doing it.So if you find it hard to do, you must work on it until it becomes second nature. I'd start there. The details matter.