How Long Till Biden Is Gone?

=. But really you think Obama hates whites and Americans?
Hate may be too strong a word, but I absolutely believe that he is biased against whites, blames them for everything that is wrong in the world, and will expand a culture of entitlements that "rich white men should pay for".
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She shouldn't! I only brought that up because you said if I hold her responsible for what her church does I have to hold Obama responsible for his church's beliefs. I pointed out that he disavowed the offending beliefs -- he doesn't believe them. She didn't; probably because, as you say, she DOES believe them! Exactly my point. Why did he do that NOW? Why not last year or ten years ago? Did he just suddenly see the light? Well I don't think I'm going to make any progress on that one with you, since you are a believer. But in short I think believing that the people speaking in tongues are possessed by some holy spirit is quite an extraordinary breakdown of grasp on reality. That is because you don't believe in God. With God, all things are possible. And actually, speaking in tongues is the Holy Spirit speaking through you and is for the believers. Non-believers would only hear gibberish. Well first, I've never heard of that being part of Church of Christ theology. Can you provide evidence of that? Sure. Sunday morning, 10am..........Knoxville, TN. I'll be more specific on location closer to time. Will you need pick up from the airport?Second, as we've been discussing, Obama has discussed his personal views about his religion and from what I've heard his views are comparatively reasonable. Haven't you said repeatedly that believing in God is unreasonable and lacks a grasp on reality? I get confused on your stance on religion........are different religions worse than others? How did you come to this conclusion? And again I say, his religious stance HAS changed since MSM got hold of the Rev. Wright tapes. I think he's trying to shove the rottwieler back in the closet and not having much luck.Her church does speak in tongues and perform faith healings, they are part of the Assemblies of God faction which is pretty hard core. Here's a quote from her Pastor:Palin's former pastor, Tim McGraw, says that like many Pentecostal churches, some members speak in tongues, although he says he's never seen Palin do so. Church member Caroline Spangler told CNN, "When the spirit comes on you, you utter things that nobody else can understand ... only God can understand what is coming out of our mouths."Palin's FORMER pastor........sounds like she no longer attends that church. Maybe she didn't agree with some things there.Some Pentecostals from Assembly of God also believe in "faith healing" and the "end times" -- a violent upheaval that they believe will deliver Jesus Christ's second coming. And some don't."Our basic belief is that God is God and he knows where history is going and he has a purposeful plan and within the middle of that plan we live in an environment in our world where certain events would take place," says McGraw. "Sarah wasn't taught to look for one particular sign -- a cataclysmic sign. She knew as every Christian does ... that God is sovereign and he is in control."http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/08/palin.pastor/
Hate may be too strong a word, but I absolutely believe that he is biased against whites, blames them for everything that is wrong in the world, and will expand a culture of entitlements that "rich white men should pay for".
And why would you say that?If he saw a rich black man, would he not ask for his due to the government to hand out to the disenfranchised?The culture of entitlements... you're saying BHO only means it for struggling black people and struggling whites?
And why would you say that?If he saw a rich black man, would he not ask for his due to the government to hand out to the disenfranchised? No, but he will find ways to disproportionately benefit blacks. His own little attempt at reparations.The culture of entitlements... you're saying BHO only means it for struggling black people and struggling whites? I dont think this is what you meant to say.
Come on. There are as many interpretations of what that means as there are pages in the bible. Who are you to tell him he doesn't qualify as a Christian? I guarantee you there are Christians on this forum that believe in evolution. Many interpretations of what? Evolution? Maybe. Being a Christian? Not. What is your definition of evolution.........the one that you allude to when you say evolution vs. creationism.Well I'm not sure why you are putting me in the position of defending Obama's stay in his church. I'd prefer if he never went to church at all, and I am not campaigning for him. But really you think Obama hates whites and Americans? I don't expect you to defend it because it is indefensible. If he truly disagreed with what was being taught in that church he would have left earlier...not only after what was being taught in that church became common knowledge to the rest of American and had the distinct possibility of ruining his presidential bid. YouTube has plenty of video of Obama with Sharpton, Frarrakon (sp?) (who his church ordained as "Man of the Year" or some other assinine title) and Jesse Jackson and even other more unsavory characters.
Sure. Sunday morning, 10am..........Knoxville, TN. I'll be more specific on location closer to time. Will you need pick up from the airport?
I don't understand. Obama's church is in Chicago. Do you have evidence they speak in tongues there or did you just make that up?
Haven't you said repeatedly that believing in God is unreasonable and lacks a grasp on reality?I get confused on your stance on religion........are different religions worse than others?
Absolutely. Why should we pretend that all possible ideologies have identical consequences? I think I said in this very thread that I'd rather have Buddhist than a Christian and rather a Christian than a Muslim.
And again I say, his religious stance HAS changed since MSM got hold of the Rev. Wright tapes. I think he's trying to shove the rottwieler back in the closet and not having much luck.
Again, you can criticize Obama all you like. I don't think he's perfect, and he hasn't secured my vote yet. I've been making relative statements about who seems more reasonable to me. That doesn't mean I take the stance that he is beyond criticism.
Maybe she didn't agree with some things there.
Or maybe she realized the political danger of belonging to such a radical group. If she doesn't agree with some things there, she can tell us that. She hasn't. All signs point to she agrees with them.
^^^^^^^THIS
Many interpretations of what? Evolution? Maybe. Being a Christian? Not.
Of Christianity, yes. I'm having a real hard time with this one Lisa, it seems undeniable; how do you explain the myriad of denominations if there are not different interpretations of being a Christian? Not all Christians take the bible literally. Do you consider everyone outside of your denomination to not really be christians because they disagree with your church on certain points of interpretation? Regardless, let's say you don't think such a person qualifies as a christian, yet they consider themselves to be a christian (like Obama). That does not make them a liar, it makes them in theological disagreement with you.

Cope, I can understand a minority feeling a bit for the fellow minorities of their own race. Is that racist of a black person to have some pride in their blackness (whatever that really means)? Eh, idk. Correct, that the President (black or white) should obviously not be making decisions based on that, though.I guess where I think you take it a bit far is

he is biased against whites, blames them for everything that is wrong in the world
If you're calling him full-blown racist, then just say it.
Cope, I can understand a minority feeling a bit for the fellow minorities of their own race. Is that racist of a black person to have some pride in their blackness (whatever that really means)? Eh, idk. Correct, that the President (black or white) should obviously not be making decisions based on that, though.I guess where I think you take it a bit far isIf you're calling him full-blown racist, then just say it.
lol, if the words make you feel better, yes he is a racist. He believes in affirmative action. That is racism, imo.thats the way he was raised, that what his mentors and associates demonstrate. If he had been born at a different time and raised the same way his community organizing would have been via the Black Panthers.
Of Christianity, yes. I'm having a real hard time with this one Lisa, it seems undeniable; how do you explain the myriad of denominations if there are not different interpretations of being a Christian? Not all Christians take the bible literally. Do you consider everyone outside of your denomination to not really be christians because they disagree with your church on certain points of interpretation? Regardless, let's say you don't think such a person qualifies as a christian, yet they consider themselves to be a christian (like Obama). That does not make them a liar, it makes them in theological disagreement with you.
Yes, 20tn40 vb is correct on this one. I know the Catholic Church allows for the possibility of a big bang and evolution and they don't except a completely literal intrepatation of the Bible. please don't debate this point with me in this thread or tell me how the Catholics aren't really Christians but the whore of babylon. You can tell me that in the religious forum. :club:
If you're equivocating "rich" with "rich white men", you can sleep easy knowing that obama is whiter than you - and stands only to get whiter as the years go on.
If he had been born at a different time and raised the same way his community organizing would have been via the Black Panthers.
QFT
VB, if there is one thing that I think you should gather from all this it is that Obama is a liar. Either he is a Christian OR he believes in evolution. Christians believe that God created the earth, not that we come from apes.That's just one thing. And there is absolutely no way that Obama sat through 20+ years of Rev. Wright's "sermons" and disagreed with his teachings. No way. The only reason he left that church, and it has been mentioned by Obama and Wright, is to distance himself from them for his presidential bid. He didn't leave because he disagreed and he has said as much himself.
There is only ONE criteria for being Christian and that's accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. NOTHING ELSE. Your statement is patently false as there are many Christians that while they might not exactly believe in evolution as it's presented presently are openminded enough to recognize that while God created it all, we DO NOT know HOW it was done. That's something to find out after we die. But to base someone's Christianity or non-Christianity on that criteria is being simply judgemental.
If you're equivocating "rich" with "rich white men", you can sleep easy knowing that obama is whiter than you - and stands only to get whiter as the years go on.
Did he get Michael Jackson fever?