Yeah that was a great line. The awesome thing about 24 is that I actually didn't know whether the innocent guy was gonna die or not.
oh come on. the whole plot this entire season including the parallel with using the black chick and that entire sequence foreshadowingthe guard's death was obviously leading up to jack choosing to save the guard against the best interests of the situation. that was about as predictable as it gets.
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of percentages, I'd say there's about a 90% chance that Jack was exposed to a non-toxic gas which is used in conjunction with the virus, and a 10% chance that it was toxic and he now has to hunt down and secure the antidote.
I'm guessing that it was a coolant that is harmless.And the number 2 guy at Starkwood is going to turn on Jon Voight faster than his son would agree to make out with his daughter on national TV...again.
Yeah that was a great line. The awesome thing about 24 is that I actually didn't know whether the innocent guy was gonna die or not. On most shows the innocent guy/good guy survives like 99.8% of the time, but on 24 it's gotta be way down at like 60% for anybody other than Jack and Tony. Speaking of percentages, I'd say there's about a 90% chance that Jack was exposed to a non-toxic gas which is used in conjunction with the virus, and a 10% chance that it was toxic and he now has to hunt down and secure the antidote.
actually, I was wondering if 24 would actually consider killing Jack Bauer this season. Kiefer had once said (can't find the quote) that it would be good for the show if Jack died at some point. the show wouldn't have to end as they could just go back in time and do the next season as a different day in the past that we haven't seen. they could use a storyline from the 24 books which I've heard are pretty good (can't verify this)
actually, I was wondering if 24 would actually consider killing Jack Bauer this season. Kiefer had once said (can't find the quote) that it would be good for the show if Jack died at some point. the show wouldn't have to end as they could just go back in time and do the next season as a different day in the past that we haven't seen. they could use a storyline from the 24 books which I've heard are pretty good (can't verify this)
I think I read somewhere that they're already signed for season 8, and also are thinking about some feature films after the series ends. I could maybe see Jack dying at the end of the tv series and then the movies being back in time. They could bring back characters like David Palmer, but on the other hand it would be lame if the went back and messed up previous story lines. I'd put my money on 'Jack survives for the whole tv series at least.'
how many times do you need to see him do and say the exact same thing before you grow tired of it? is there even any tension anymore? how could there be? you know he isnt going to die, you know the terrorists arent going to win. so why watch?
seriously?--- haven't you described every show on tv? With this reasoning I would advise not watching any tv shows or movies. I also do not think that the terrorist lose. They certainly win their share of battles. Jack wins the war but sacrifices a lot. This show has many faults but it defintely does not follow the basic tv formula. Like the show or not, it surely thinks outside the box--- pun intended--
predictable formulaic setup for jack to save the day
I kind of can't tell if you're being sarcastic. I lean heavily towards yes you are.I think this season has gotten better and better (having started off poorly), but it still has a real lack of Chloe. Didn't they need her on something so they were gonna let her go free? And why exactly was she in so much trouble in the first place? Cuz she saved the world again?
oh come on. the whole plot this entire season including the parallel with using the black chick and that entire sequence foreshadowingthe guard's death was obviously leading up to jack choosing to save the guard against the best interests of the situation. that was about as predictable as it gets.
For awhile I also thought this might have been sarcastic, but now I think I know who "the black chick" is (the cop from forever ago who got killed helping Jack), and now I see that what you said makes some sense. Actually I think the reason that I was impressed with the ambiguity of the guard's fate was because the foreshadowing of Jack saving him did seem so obvious, but then as he was about to get executed I was thinking of Chappelle and figured Jack might stay true to his Spock-like belief that the good of the many outweighs the good of the one.This was not meant to be a separate post.
I kind of can't tell if you're being sarcastic. I lean heavily towards yes you are.
not at all. the minute it was established that jack wasn't going i knew the writers were going out of their way to incorporatea (formulaic) plot twist where the info on the bio weapon location was fake (wasn't sure if the weaselly assistant dude wasplaying tony or if his boss was playing him), the FBI was headed into a trap, and jack will be needed to save the day onceagain. jack is the show after all, not the FBI.
For awhile I also thought this might have been sarcastic, but now I think I know who "the black chick" is (the cop from forever ago who got killed helping Jack)
no, i'm talking about dubaku's girlfriend. jack used her, knowingly putting her in danger, and she died. the writers were making a direct parallelwith using the guard. they had jack choose to save him against his better judgement to show he does have feelings (guilt or whatever) and isn'tjust an automaton. the emotional/moral toll of jacks actions is a plot thread that has run through this entire season, redhead chick beingthe catalyst.
no, i'm talking about dubaku's girlfriend. jack used her, knowingly putting her in danger, and she died. the writers were making a direct parallelwith using the guard. they had jack choose to save him against his better judgement to show he does have feelings (guilt or whatever) and isn'tjust an automaton. the emotional/moral toll of jacks actions is a plot thread that has run through this entire season, redhead chick beingthe catalyst.
Ahhh of course, I forgot about her. There is certainly a long list of people who have died helping Jack.The reason I thought you were being sarcastic about Jack saving the day is that of course he's gonna save the day, it's his goddam tv show! :)I do like the 'Jack is infected' twist, but I will be disappointed if he is cured by a simple antidote (which he of course hunts down).
Ahhh of course, I forgot about her. There is certainly a long list of people who have died helping Jack.The reason I thought you were being sarcastic about Jack saving the day is that of course he's gonna save the day, it's his goddam tv show! :club:I do like the 'Jack is infected' twist, but I will be disappointed if he is cured by a simple antidote (which he of course hunts down).
3 ways to end the story in terms of Jack's health:1. Obvious one where he somehow gets cured2. He dies and future 24 season is in past time line3. He's gonna die but not this day. Have next season as a day very soon afterwards where Jack is dying.

Kiefer Wants '24' Movie, But Only After the SeriesDateMonday, March 23, 2009 at 11:50PMhttp://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog/2009/...the-series.htmlPerhaps I've got a heightened sense of this because we're on the subject, but what is it with Fox TV shows that make them better movie ideas than shows on ABC? After all, between Serenity, The Simpsons Movie, and the X-Files flicks, Fox has been on the forefront of spinning their shows upward through the ol' vertical integration chain. It can't be just the studio connection. All the TV titans are direct ties to studios. Maybe it's slightly more daring programming?24kiefer.jpgOne of the network's more daring shows, at least structurally, is 24, which not surprsingly, has been a subject of big screen rumors for years. And now that the show has been on the air for seven years and you can expect maybe only a handful of additional seasons, it's natural to think that the movie will happen sooner than later.At a press conference for Monsters vs. Aliens, Kiefer Sutherland again sounded up for the challenge of making the movie, but cautioned that there's simply no way to make it happen while the show is still on the air. "We thought that it would be cruel and unusual punishment to ask the writers to write, in the course of 10 months, the equivalent of 12 films, and in their off times, 'By the way, if you have a great idea for a feature film that's so special, write that as well.'"But there's more to it than simply writing two more episodes and turning them into a movie. Sutherland says the movie would have a different structure altogether. "We've kind of collectively agreed that we would entertain the idea of a film when the series was finished and if people still wanted to see something like that. We would be really excited to do that, because the format that we would make the movie in, because we have discussed it, would be a two-hour representation of a 24-hour day. So we would lose the real-time aspect, which would be a huge freedom for the writers. But it's something we would not even start to do until the series was finished." We don't know how long Fox plans to keep 24 on the air. Unless the ratings drop off significantly next season, the series will be on at least until May 2011. So if the movie does happen, you're probably looking at summer 2012 at the earliest.

sounds like we have at least part of the plot for season 8, with jack still dying & kim coming back, along with some stem cell nonsense.EDIT: just read kim is in the rest of the episodes this season, so they'll probably wrap that all up miraculously in 7 hours :club:

sounds like we have at least part of the plot for season 8, with jack still dying & kim coming back, along with some stem cell nonsense.EDIT: just read kim is in the rest of the episodes this season, so they'll probably wrap that all up miraculously in 7 hours :club:
Yeah I am definitely disappointed at Jack's obvious and impending magical daughter-cure. 'Well, despite the fact that we have literally never seen this virus before, we think if we grab some stem cells from an immediate family member we can totally inject you or whatever and you'll be, like, cured or whatever. That's how stem cells work, right? They just cure shit?' On another note, Jon Voight's character borrows heavily from Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just funny how similar they are.
Yeah I am definitely disappointed at Jack's obvious and impending magical daughter-cure. 'Well, despite the fact that we have literally never seen this virus before, we think if we grab some stem cells from an immediate family member we can totally inject you or whatever and you'll be, like, cured or whatever. That's how stem cells work, right? They just cure shit?' On another note, Jon Voight's character borrows heavily from Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just funny how similar they are.
I can't be disappointed--- that means Culthbert is back--- eye candy time!also can anyone really blame that reporter for the blackmail sex--- the first daughter is smokin' and where can I get a copy of the tape she made-- giddy up!
also can anyone really blame that reporter for the blackmail sex--- the first daughter is smokin' and where can I get a copy of the tape she made-- giddy up!
This plot line was so dumb. The president's daughter just had sex with you so you wouldn't run a story she shouldn't have told you in the first place. But tapes the sex to blackmail you with. If I'm him I'm running the story because she still comes off way worse than I would.
This plot line was so dumb. The president's daughter just had sex with you so you wouldn't run a story she shouldn't have told you in the first place. But tapes the sex to blackmail you with. If I'm him I'm running the story because she still comes off way worse than I would.
it was pretty stupid-- I would think she would only show the tape to his wife but she did say the world would know how he gets his stories. confusing--I would think it would be pretty embarrassing to have the world know you are sleeping around and having national security threatened because of your pillow talk. agreed - dumbit was classic the look on Pierce's face while they were walking away. He was like I came out of retirement for this?

Iam officially cheering for the bad guys as the president and daughter combo is just stupid. The daughter has to be one of the stupidest characters and her walking in the big round table meeting with pen and pad was just as stupid.