fail
good argument, well thought out. I love your bullet points pointing out the flaws of my argument. How many emmys have the writers of that show received for their writing? Season 2 is the only time the writing won an award. Also, the only season 24 was ever nominated in the writing category. They were not nominated for days 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Usually good consistent writing gets nominated year after year.I find it laughable that you complain about the AG only taking 45 minutes to do something you believe would take days. It's like you just started watching the show for the first time Monday night. Anyone who watches the show knows that since hour one of day one of this show they take 3-4 liberties with time. You must be slightly retarded to 1. not notice it and 2. think the show has superb writing when they take those ridiculous liberties with time. I mean look a the Press Sec this season. He sits alone in a room all day worrying about his son when the shit is hitting the fan in the world. Press Sec's are usually a little more busy than that. Great writing there. Geez the more I sit back and actually examine what I am watching this show turns more and more into crap. Thanks.This show is entertaining, except for season 6 imo, but I just find your comment about the writing hilarious. Now if you said it had great editing, I would be with you on there, top notch editing on this show.My nipples are getting hard in the excitement of what wonderful comeback you have in store.
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was with Walker getting a silent clock? She's not dead (yet) and she's not an important enough character to get a silent clock
Technically, she didn't get the silent clock. Instead you heard her breathing, ala David Palmer at the end of Season 2. It made it much more eerie than if that had done the normal clock ticks.

Although I am hoping the First husband gets killed because he is annoying, I am going to predict that the chick kills the secrect service guy, and the two of them go underground to find the mole. Because there is no need to just announce everything and get the government involved....The drugs he gave him remind me of the movie Rundown. "GO AWAY MONKEY"The FBI chick (who is the mole(you'll see)) will be found because Clowie will call the FBI to alert them where her body is just in time.Luckily her ears will be fine after having a 45 shot 4 inches from her ear.The only hole I cannot for the life of me figure out how they can fill is the one where the president will send in troops to save a non-national intrest country, at the expense of our infrastructure / water supply / electric grid etc.Especially since they already said they can repair the wall protecting these things in about 6 days.But no, we can't delay the troops for 6 days, that would be unacceptable. ( even though the whole thing in Sangala started 3 months ago when Bauer was still there).Maybe there will be some cool explosions to take my mind off these problems

But no, we can't delay the troops for 6 days, that would be unacceptable. ( even though the whole thing in Sangala started 3 months ago when Bauer was still there).
This is my biggest problem with the plot line. Pull back the troops and go back in later when you've secured the infrastructure of the US. Well that and Tony giving up the CIP to the terrorists - can we think of a dumber idea?Oh wait, the AG coming in and demanding answers on the abuse of a terrorist with the US on the verge of disaster - that has to be the winner.I don't think the mole is the FBI lady as been there, done that with Nina in season 1. Can't be the Entourage guy since Billy is so slimy - too obvious. It has to be Garofalo or Ross; if it's the blond girl who looks to be having an affair with Billy, that'd be weak.
This is my biggest problem with the plot line. Pull back the troops and go back in later when you've secured the infrastructure of the US. Well that and Tony giving up the CIP to the terrorists - can we think of a dumber idea?Oh wait, the AG coming in and demanding answers on the abuse of a terrorist with the US on the verge of disaster - that has to be the winner.I don't think the mole is the FBI lady as been there, done that with Nina in season 1. Can't be the Entourage guy since Billy is so slimy - too obvious. It has to be Garofalo or Ross; if it's the blond girl who looks to be having an affair with Billy, that'd be weak.
Can the FBI be anymore pathetic? From the leadership down, pure worthlessness. Except for the freckle chick ( mole )
It's always the affair person.
Although I am hoping the First husband gets killed because he is annoying, I am going to predict that the chick kills the secrect service guy, and the two of them go underground to find the mole. Because there is no need to just announce everything and get the government involved....The drugs he gave him remind me of the movie Rundown. "GO AWAY MONKEY"The FBI chick (who is the mole(you'll see)) will be found because Clowie will call the FBI to alert them where her body is just in time.Luckily her ears will be fine after having a 45 shot 4 inches from her ear.The only hole I cannot for the life of me figure out how they can fill is the one where the president will send in troops to save a non-national intrest country, at the expense of our infrastructure / water supply / electric grid etc.Especially since they already said they can repair the wall protecting these things in about 6 days.But no, we can't delay the troops for 6 days, that would be unacceptable. ( even though the whole thing in Sangala started 3 months ago when Bauer was still there).Maybe there will be some cool explosions to take my mind off these problems
excuse me, this show is one of the best written shows ever, so stop with pointing out all the flaws.
Can the FBI be anymore pathetic? From the leadership down, pure worthlessness. Except for the freckle chick ( mole )
excuse me, this show is one of the best written shows ever, so stop with pointing out all the flaws.
relax-- it is televisionput down the flame thrower--- I am not talking about this year. Please review my original post. I admitted this year is embarrassing to watch. There is no need to attack. We agree to disagree in regards to previous years.
Excellent point-- that was laughable. If she lives I better see a hearing aid!
if it's the blond girl who looks to be having an affair with Billy, that'd be weak.
The blond girl is the love interest from Lucky on Fx a few years ago, also from the opening scene of Jay and Silent Bob - she's Silent Bob's mom.
Didn't I use to enjoy this show?It's now like a bad movie that I have 18 hours more to sit through
wow, I must be the only one who's actually enjoying the season.
Yes. I mean, they couldn't just say it would take months to figure it out. It might seem a little sketchy to the computer nerds of the world but not as bad as the president of the US condemning its citizens because he/she doesn't feel we can wait 6 days to interfere.

I still think the biggest hole is ...Why would tony give the evil dude the equivalent of a Nuclear weapon and then work like hell to get it back?What end game could possibly be more important than not letting that guy have that device in the first place?It's like giving Hitler an atomic bomb - so you could then later prosecute him for using it on us

wow, I must be the only one who's actually enjoying the season.
Im enjoying this season so far as well, but im easily entertained. Also i refuse to use my brain while watching a fictional show, and just want ppl to get be shot and see stuff blown up. The plot holes ppl put out there make sense but i can easily look past them and still enjoy the show, its sorta how i go through life, just close my eyes and enjoy the ride. :club:
I still think the biggest hole is ...Why would tony give the evil dude the equivalent of a Nuclear weapon and then work like hell to get it back?
This seems like the biggest fallacy to me too. One potential answer is that they are trying to weed out who is corrupt in the highest echelons of our government, but really it's preposterous. Tony was all creating the device and then using the device (I mean, he nearly caused 2 jumbo jets to crash, and was quite cavalier about the lives of maybe 300-400 people on board), and now that he's got Bauer with him it's all about getting the device back. Just retarded.

I'm very willing to look past some holes in the 24 stories, but the whole issue of not being willing to wait like 6 days to invade the country is just insane to me. Why not just say we can't fix it or something? That's beyond stupid.Otherwise it's entertaining enough, but that part bothers me.

I'm very willing to look past some holes in the 24 stories, but the whole issue of not being willing to wait like 6 days to invade the country is just insane to me. Why not just say we can't fix it or something? That's beyond stupid.Otherwise it's entertaining enough, but that part bothers me.
I think there's supposedly something about to happen that necessitates going in now, but i'm not positivethe other reason - and it's been expressed is that not attacking due to a terrorist threat shows weakness and a willingness to negotiate with terrorists
I'm now watching tonights episode stoned - you know - weed can save anything it's not bad and it all seems plausible now :club:
especially the subplot where the plant manager has to sacrifice himself. that was some brilliant television right there.
especially the subplot where the plant manager has to sacrifice himself. that was some brilliant television right there.
A heroic death -guess it was a good chance for Garofalo to emoteIt takes that long to get a SS guy to the girl's apartment? At least the CIP angle is done now hopefully