downloaded and watched the opening 4 eps...haters will hate but as a fan I loved it.I think it's going to be interesting for Chloe to have a computer geek nemesis...Jack's kind've had a monopoly on the interwebI love Tony's character. He's been around long enough that it doesn't matter how he acts...I accept it like Horatio on CSI. C'mon, the season where Tony came to save Jack and Audrey was an awesome moment. If you don't like Tony after that, you don't really like 24.Jack back in the bad guy fold. It's fukkin Jack!! So the guy runs good...Hot chick at FBI can't be the mole. There was no logical reason she would help Jack capture Tony as opposed to just following protocol. As a mole she would justify it as following FBI rules while informing the bad dudes.White House mole. umm...my memory isn't positive on this but as the new president was walking up the steps in Redemption wasn't there a scene where some FBI dude was talking about the president's son to the chief of staff? I don't think it's necessary to have two who-dun-it moles in the storyline.
She might not be the mole but not for this reason. Season one Nina was the mole. She was constantly helping Jack. They try to set it so the reveal is a compete surprise. Plus the women on the show are always the villian. ( every season - Girl power I guess) Either way our protection agencies need to start checking references. Too many freaking moles--gees. It would not surprise me if the president is the mole and for shock value had her son killed!
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third: Of all the people that have been characters on 24, the single absolute worst actor was Tony Almeada's. This guy acts like he is on cough medicine, he walks like he watched too many John Wayne westerns, and after seeing him on Celebrity poker challenge, I judge his IQ to be about room temprature. Hopefully the writers will kill him proper this season.Fifth: The hot new chick with the freckles is the mole in the FBI
I 100% disagree with you that Tony is the worst character. He pretty much is what 24 is about. He started out as a bad guy because he would try to go behind Jack's back to get him in trouble. Then he saved Terry and became Jack's go to guy. Then he had to deside between saving many innocent lives or the life of one person he loved. Then he comes back from his life being fuked up to save Jack's life when Jack called, "The only man I can trust." Then he turns bad after his wife is killed and now he is back to a good guy. He is an amazing character and I love the way he walks. It's his own swagger.Also, the new chick with the freckles is not the mole, nor is she Jack's new love interest.I'm way too lazy and sick of most of you to give you my complete thoughts, but I'll throw these few out there.This season is going to be sweet. It already is with the new and old cast members. I can't wait to see Aaron Pierce back (I doubt he's coming back but he is the only guy besides Jack to be in every season). I love how the presidential dillema is between American lives or stopping a genocide. I can't wait for mondays!

The president needs to man-up and not give in to the terrorist demands.

I think today's episodes are key if this season will be original or just another solid season that most 24 viewers will enjoy.In the first 2 hr show only 4 ppl died by my count, lol!

What was with Walker getting a silent clock? She's not dead (yet) and she's not an important enough character to get a silent clock
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHO GETS A SILENT CLOCK AND WHO DOESN'T??????????
jump_the_shark.gif
I agree, this season is frankly terrible. Jack Bauer is basically the bad guy now - I'm not even rooting for him because he's doing such awful things. He's working "undercover" for no agency, he shot at a whole bunch of cops, and then very nearly murdered that important African politician and his wife. Like, really really almost murdered them.
jump_the_shark.gif
I actually said this out loud! Jumped the Damn SHARK! I mean the first 15 minutes were laughable. The cell phone's caller id stating fbi was classic. Classic BAD! 24 has been one of the best tv shows in history. The main reason has been the quality of the writing. This episode was very poorly written. I haven't even mention the Attorney general bothering the FBI one hour after alleged torture with the nation in crisis. The Attorney General would take months to respond to such claims but we are to belive that 45 minutes later they are at FBI headquarters. LaughableI love the show and will give it some more time but the first 30 minutes of this episode were insulting--
You have very low standards.
The first 4 seasons were just about as good as anything else on television. Last night wasn't good though. The FBI caller id slayed me.Here's to Lost...
The first 4 seasons were just about as good as anything else on television. Last night wasn't good though. The FBI caller id slayed me.Here's to Lost...
I have enjoyed every season except for last season which I never got through. It's a very entertaining program but imho it is arguably nowhere near one of the best TV shows ever and is certainly not what I would call a well written show. But I clearly have much different standards of what I consider "well-written". Shows that clearly make it up as they go along to me fail in the writing department regardless if I am entertained or not.

I agree with others who have said this show has jumped the shark. I will continue watching it for a while longer, but if things get more ridiculous, I'm probably gonna have to quit for good. I gotta admit, I'm not all that surprised. I noticed that one of the writers and producers of the show is Brannon Braga. I have a friend who is a huge Star Trek fan and he hates Brannon Braga and basically blames him for singlehandedly killing the Star Trek franchise.

I have enjoyed every season except for last season which I never got through. It's a very entertaining program but imho it is arguably nowhere near one of the best TV shows ever and is certainly not what I would call a well written show. But I clearly have much different standards of what I consider "well-written". Shows that clearly make it up as they go along to me fail in the writing department regardless if I am entertained or not.
fail