• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was good, not great but good. It needed much more Jack but I understand that they were trying to connect some other story lines before next season. This just felt like a two hour filler episode, and it wasn't as 'big' as I expected. It wasn't the most 'entertaining' episode, but it was 100% necessesary. It's going to make next season much better...and how awesome does it look? That preview for season 7 looked amazing and I can't wait for January 11.

I thought it was good, not great but good. It needed much more Jack but I understand that they were trying to connect some other story lines before next season. This just felt like a two hour filler episode, and it wasn't as 'big' as I expected. It wasn't the most 'entertaining' episode, but it was 100% necessesary. It's going to make next season much better...and how awesome does it look? That preview for season 7 looked amazing and I can't wait for January 11.
One of the best days of your life?

I haven't read the thread, someone not named SS24 send me a PM with a brief review of the show tonight. I was pretty disgruntled with the show at the end of last season and didn't even bother finishing it.Does this opening movie redeem it at all?

This just made me think of something.Season 6 was the first time I really didn't like the 24-hour (thus, 24 eps) format. It was just plain sloppy and really forced us to watch what should've been a 2-hour movie (which would still probably be disappointing)I wonder if there's a danger in the movie in November. Once they remove the clock (as I assume it won't be 2-hours of real time) and assuming it's good...will the regular season seem too slow?I loved Season 1 but if you ever watch it again it moves at a snails pace compared to the other seasons...virtually unwatchable the second time IMO.
I also thought they might ditch the real-time idea for tonight's movie, but I'm kinda glad they didn't. After 6 seasons, it would be odd to watch the show in anything but real-time.

I agree tonight's show was good, but not super.I just think it was necessary to set up the new season. Refresh our memory on a few characters, set up a storyline, new president, and obv an excuse to get Jack back in the US. It's just been so long since the show's been on you sort of forget what was going on. I know I did, season 6 was pretty forgetable.I'll be watching Jan 11.

I agree tonight's show was good, but not super.I just think it was necessary to set up the new season. Refresh our memory on a few characters, set up a storyline, new president, and obv an excuse to get Jack back in the US. It's just been so long since the show's been on you sort of forget what was going on. I know I did, season 6 was pretty forgetable.I'll be watching Jan 11.
This pretty much covers it, but I thought the show last night was bordering on extremely boring. Necessary yes, but not very exciting to watch at all. By the end, I was really hoping that after this one, the problem in Africa would sort itself out and the new season would evolve into something different, but the preview for the season showed more Africa stuff and it just bored the hell out of me... I mean... I just don't care. They better have a plan here.
This pretty much covers it, but I thought the show last night was bordering on extremely boring. Necessary yes, but not very exciting to watch at all. By the end, I was really hoping that after this one, the problem in Africa would sort itself out and the new season would evolve into something different, but the preview for the season showed more Africa stuff and it just bored the hell out of me... I mean... I just don't care. They better have a plan here.
Yea, I'm not sure I'm going to buy the storyline. I'm pretty sure the preview for the season showed one of the dudes from last night in the white house with a gun pointed at the president. I'm sorry, but no African from the jungle is going to pull that off.
I watched it after the PM I got from runthemover suggesting to, since his feelings about last season mirrored my own. I came to pretty much the same conclusion as you.Good, not great. Fairly predictable, but needed to refresh people like me on the show in case we want to get back into it. So far I'm not a fan of the new president. I'll give the first few episodes a shot in Jan and see how it goes. Also if your going to set up this whole Jack in front of a congressional committee like he is in deep shit then don't spoil that part of the season showing us that in the end it won't mean anything.
Ya it did. I'll admit that this series has gotten progressively worse each day but I still really enjoy and look forward to January 11th-12th. Maybe I'm a sucker but Jack Bauer is a beast as long as you don't try to over analyze the series it should be much better than average TV.
i thought the obvious sponser product placement shot (hyundai genesis) added realism :club:
How about the Nextel one? I seriously thought they cut to commercial that split second it was so shameful.
Ya those were pretty noticeable and it was pretty distracting I thought.
Yet you guys missed a really obvious one with Cisco during the conference call between the President and the leader of Somalia(?).
I noticed that one as well...but that's nothing new. They've done that one before. It was something that just flashed on the screen briefly.
How about the Nextel one? I seriously thought they cut to commercial that split second it was so shameful.
In their defense, there were fewer commercials so they needed to get some money somehow.
I haven't read the thread, someone not named SS24 send me a PM with a brief review of the show tonight. I was pretty disgruntled with the show at the end of last season and didn't even bother finishing it.Does this opening movie redeem it at all?
First of all, fu ck you. But seriously, if you are one of those people that doesn't have the attention span to watch a one hour show every week, i'd wait til the end of the season to watch it all at once. That way we won't hear your bitching

I'm pretty amped up for the return of season 24, prob because in the last 3 months i managed to watch this show from the beginning and finished season 6 on sunday morning. I thought it was an ok start to the show. Interesting how CTU is gone and it seems like there going to be working mostly off the grid. Glad to see chole will be back, and how the hell is almeda still alive....kinda freaked me out when i saw the preview.

I'm pretty amped up for the return of season 24, prob because in the last 3 months i managed to watch this show from the beginning and finished season 6 on sunday morning. I thought it was an ok start to the show. Interesting how CTU is gone and it seems like there going to be working mostly off the grid. Glad to see chole will be back, and how the hell is almeda still alive....kinda freaked me out when i saw the preview.
Remind me of how he died again? Some explosion or something, maybe?
Remind me of how he died again? Some explosion or something, maybe?
injected with a drug overdose
He was going to inject chris henderson with a drug in season 5 in the CTU medical lab, chris fights him off and injects him instead and "kills" him. I was mad at the time cause i liked his character. Glad he is back though.So basically what crow said, i just elaborated on it. I have too much time on my hands.

The DVD for the movie came out and it came with the first 17 minutes of the first episode of season 7:

Some dude gets kidnapped by a group of people in masks. One of them is Tony, but it is kind of hard to tell unless you recognize his voice. Meanwhile, Jack is on trial for torturing some dude a long time ago. Jack says that he does not regret anything and he did nothing wrong because what he did protected the United States' citizens. During the trial, some agent comes and says that Jack needs to go with her and it is a national security crisis. Janeane Garofalo and Rhys Coiro (Billy freaking Walsh from Entourage) are the computer people and they have some dialogue. The agent that took Jack tells him about the dude that got kidnapped and that Tony Almeida is behind it. Jack tells her that he doesn't believe it and he saw Tony die, but the agent tells him that all Jack saw was Tony being taken away on a stretcher right away and Jack doesn't know what happened to Tony, because he then got kidnapped by the Chinese. Jack still doesn't believe her but she tells him that she exhumed Tony's grave and has proof that he's still alive. Then they show Tony and the kidnapped guy (now bloody and tortured) and Tony is making the guy fix a device for him that will fuk with airports.