grr, annoyingly bad luck

I won't call this a bad beat, just incredibly bad luck.I was playing a house game at my place, 10 dollar buy in, we had 14 players + 5 rebuys for a 190 dollar pot, 170 to the winner, 20 to 2nd.There are 6 players left, I am chip leader slightly over one other guy, nobody else is even close.Now this other guy is a neighbour of mine, this is the first time he has played with us, and he is quite frankly awful at poker, however he was getting extremely lucky, and to be honest, he scared me. He was calling with any pair, and quite often hitting 2-pair or trips on the river, or he'd be calling with a gut shot draw and hitting on the river. I was playing fairly tight, and I decided my best bet was to wait until I had a big hand against him when he had a decent hand, and just clean him out in one fell swoop if the oppurtunity arose.I am dealt 77 in the pocket, blinds are 150/300, I limp in from the button, sb limps, crazy neighbour, we'll call him, raises 300 from the big blind. This sets warning bells off because this is only the third time he has raised preflop in the game. one time, Pocket AA's, the other, AK suited. I decide to call his 300 and see a flop.Flop comes Q72 rainbow. SB checks, crazy neighbour bets 600. *ding* I'm thinking, this is exactly what I am waiting for. I raise all in for about 11000. now, in any other situation, this would be a downright weird, and quite frankly, bad play, but given the situation, I knew he'd call with a top pair, and I knew I could clean him out right there. SB folds, crazy neighbour calls, quickly, and flips over QQ. ugh, seriously, talk about ridiculous timing. of course Crazy neighbour now has about 75% of the chips in play and goes on to win, despite easily being the worst of the 14 players in the game. but, those are the breaks I guess.

wrong time.. sorry that sucks!!! only hand that coulda bet ya... I think, how ever, that you didn't need a super strong hand to bust this guy.. I think you coulda value bet top pair, top kicker, and gotten lots of money out of him... don't be scared of him hitting his gut shots and five outers... The chances are the TPTK is more than good most of the time, and you're missing opportunities by not value betting teh shite out of him. Don't be scared... your all in bet may have also scared him off off lower pairs, middle pairs.. I don't know that it wOULD have, but you didn't need to have shot your wad right there.. you could have still got all your money in the pot on later streets, when he's proably going to call.. you don't want to scare the fishies off the hook

I agree, unfortunately, these oppurtunities were not presenting themselves for me. And in this particular instance, I knew he had a big hand in the pocket, he only raised preflop with monsters, and I was fairly certain he had KK or AA, or maybe QA, and I knew he'd call in a second with any of those. it was basically, or so I thought, the perfectly ideal situation that I had been waiting for. Although, that said, you are probably right that I could have just stuck it out, even taking a pretty big hit from that hand if I'd not gone all in, and probably beat him in the long run, barring some more bad luck.