"there's No Shame In Going Broke," - Johnny Moss

"There's no shame in going broke" - Johnny Moss  

111 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you gone broke?

• Are you crazy! I don't go broke baby!
    • Only once, (I was drunk/on tilt/personal problems etc.)
    • Twice but I'm still a millionare baby!
    • Twice
    • Three Times
    • Four times
    • Five times
    • Six times
    • Seven times
    • Eight times
    • Nine times
    • Ten times
    • I'm always broke baby! That's how I roll!

It's probably more shameful to have been playing a long time, if you dont have any results to back it up. At least you'd have an excuse if you just started playing last year.
What's shameful is the fact that you've made this comment without reading the whole threadI have explained on several occasions that I was doing well, then went on tilt for a variety of reasons, and lost $100. I have made money playing on PokerStars and on Sunpoker at micro level. On SunPoker I turned $5 into well over $300 within a month, I withdrew this money so that I could go to a ball with my girlfrnd , (it was worth it,:club:). On stars I made $300, (I withdrew $200 and lost the rest as a result of tilt). If I had continued grinding as I was before I went on tilt, this thread would not exist. I have also explained that I've done well in live cash games. Please refrain from calling me a loser because as you know, it really affects my life when you say something about me.Having said that, this thread has served its purpose. I no longer feel like a dumbass loser because 70% of you have gone broke at least once. I was not expecting 150 replies, but Im happy with that.Who's up for never replying to this thread again?
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's shameful is the fact that you've made this comment without reading the whole threadI have explained on several occasions that I was doing well, then went on tilt for a variety of reasons, and lost $100. I have made money playing on PokerStars and on Sunpoker at micro level. On SunPoker I turned $5 into well over $300 within a month, I withdrew this money so that I could go to a ball with my girlfrnd , (it was worth it,:club:). On stars I made $300, (I withdrew $200 and lost the rest as a result of tilt). If I had continued grinding as I was before I went on tilt, this thread would not exist. I have also explained that I've done well in live cash games. Please refrain from calling me a loser because as you know, it really affects my life when you say something about me.Having said that, this thread has served its purpose. I no longer feel like a dumbass loser because 70% of you have gone broke at least once. I was not expecting 150 replies, but Im happy with that.Who's up for never replying to this thread again?
me.damnit. did it again.

A year ago i would have said i was a great poker player. Now a year later i look back and think to myself damn i didn't know $hit about hold'em. My game has grown so much in last 6 months it's amazing. I've always been a winning cash game player, but my tournament poker game has always been no where near where i want it, until recently, where i was able to finally get the monkey off my back and take a couple tournaments down. I have gone broke so many times because of bad BR management. Taking shots at limits that can't support my BR like 5/10 nl. I am now starting to playin within my limits, and have made rules for myself so when i go on tilt i can take a break and cool off. Cause if i don't take that break, there's a chance i'll move way up in limts and go bust. There's no worse feeling then having like $1500 in your account on minute and having nothing in it the next.

A year ago i would have said i was a great poker player. Now a year later i look back and think to myself damn i didn't know $hit about hold'em. My game has grown so much in last 6 months it's amazing. I've always been a winning cash game player, but my tournament poker game has always been no where near where i want it, until recently, where i was able to finally get the monkey off my back and take a couple tournaments down. I have gone broke so many times because of bad BR management. Taking shots at limits that can't support my BR like 5/10 nl. I am now starting to playin within my limits, and have made rules for myself so when i go on tilt i can take a break and cool off. Cause if i don't take that break, there's a chance i'll move way up in limts and go bust. There's no worse feeling then having like $1500 in your account on minute and having nothing in it the next.
QFT. I think this is important. Every time I look back at my life I think "Damn I used to be a conceited bastard. I used to think I was so mature, sophisticated and wise, now I realise I was just another idiot." And you know what? In a years time I'll look back at now and say the exact same thing.Poker is a game of many questions, and each answer you find only asks more questions.
QFT. I think this is important. Every time I look back at my life I think "Damn I used to be a conceited bastard. I used to think I was so mature, sophisticated and wise, now I realise I was just another idiot." And you know what? In a years time I'll look back at now and say the exact same thing.Poker is a game of many questions, and each answer you find only asks more questions.
Im so young and stupid, I havent had enough time to realise that Im an idiot.Apologies in advance.

Jack Nicolson is a great man.imo One Flew Over the Coockoo's Nest is his best Movie film. He has had a wonderful career. We all love him, (plutonically).