Not watched any of the RC yet, but Faldos Wildcard pickings were ridiculously poor. Montgomerie may not have been anywhere near high enough in the leader boards, but his experience would have been very valuable.Also, just saw on Sky Sports News...WTF?! BOOING AT GOLF?!?! How disrespectful can you get?
I hope you are kidding--Poulter had more points for a captains pick in the history of the ryder cup! Undefeated-----The booing was for Weekly----BOO!!!! in this case it was positive not negativeplease tell me you were not thinking?!?

I wish I could kick Lee Westwood in the balls. What a freakin baby. I have never seen such sour grapes.The American fans were no worse than the Euro fans are when they have home course advantage.Sorry, Lee, you lost because the American squad played unconcious golf (the Euro team really did not play badly at all). That and the fact that you, Sergio, and Harrington laid an egg as a group.

i'm just gonna throw out the fact that i loathe Kenny Perry. I was really hoping the guy would choke. As it was he played good and clutch in the cup ... but boy do I loathe the guy.
any particular reason? he seems like a nice enough guy and he sure played well at the Ryder Cup, especially on Sunday.
any particular reason? he seems like a nice enough guy and he sure played well at the Ryder Cup, especially on Sunday.
The fact that he played well enough (Winning Twice) to earn himself a spot in a major and then declining to play because it would affect his Ryder Cup chances. I would think being a professional golfer you would rather win a major than the Ryder Cup, but the fact that it was in his Home state he decided to not take that chance and secure his spot on the Ryder Cup team. I can't speak for him but I doubt it would have made as much a difference if it was not in his home state.Just my feelings.
The fact that he played well enough (Winning Twice) to earn himself a spot in a major and then declining to play because it would affect his Ryder Cup chances. I would think being a professional golfer you would rather win a major than the Ryder Cup, but the fact that it was in his Home state he decided to not take that chance and secure his spot on the Ryder Cup team. I can't speak for him but I doubt it would have made as much a difference if it was not in his home state.Just my feelings.
you have upset Ken-Tucky Perry with your feelingssp6.jpgGrats to US they played the best golf over the weekend and deserved to win, our top players just didn't perform.
You are referring to the Us Open at Torrey right? IIRC, he doesn't even play the regular tour event there, and hates the course. He also skipped out on the British though, didn't he?
You are referring to the Us Open at Torrey right? IIRC, he doesn't even play the regular tour event there, and hates the course. He also skipped out on the British though, didn't he?
Yup, and there were many people in the golf community that thought it was a bad idea.I'm not taking anything away from his accomplishments during the ryder cup, I just personally don't like the fact the way he set himself up to play the Ryder Cup. I guess I come from a place that says that you need to play your way onto the team and him skipping the majors was a testament to what kind of person he is. Again this is just my opinion. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy in real life.and BTW, Jargonator you really made me LOTI (laugh on the inside)
Yup, and there were many people in the golf community that thought it was a bad idea.I'm not taking anything away from his accomplishments during the ryder cup, I just personally don't like the fact the way he set himself up to play the Ryder Cup. I guess I come from a place that says that you need to play your way onto the team and him skipping the majors was a testament to what kind of person he is. Again this is just my opinion. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy in real life.and BTW, Jargonator you really made me LOTI (laugh on the inside)
Lee Westwood saves a little face. He acted like a true sore loser but is now trying to make amends. I had lost respect for him but now I admire his stand up comments. Good for him---http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug...s&type=lgns