villain is unknown, new to table, ep is on the site a fair amount but i wouldn't call him a reg. Have never really clashed with him. My image should be pretty Tag at this point, as I haven't played many hands and haven't gotten out of line at all. The site is bodog.I have AK, no club and raise to 16 (400 stack)Villain (400) in small blind calls, ep (180) callsPot (50ish) flop- K 4c 7cVillain leads 40, ep calls, hero bumps to 100, villain makes it 228, ep folds.Hero???

villain is unknown, new to table, ep is on the site a fair amount but i wouldn't call him a reg. Have never really clashed with him. My image should be pretty Tag at this point, as I haven't played many hands and haven't gotten out of line at all. The site is bodog.I have AK, no club and raise to 16 (400 stack)Villain (400) in small blind calls, ep (180) callsPot (50ish) flop- K 4c 7cVillain leads 40, ep calls, hero bumps to 100, villain makes it 228, ep folds.Hero???
What position did you open from?With the info given, the part of the range you beat with this action is Kx of clubs. Don't think he's leading into a PFR and then reraising into him and another player with a dry K here.We don't really have that good of a read on the villain as he is an unknown, but I think we can give him credit here. Looks like a set or big draw.
What position did you open from?With the info given, the part of the range you beat with this action is Kx of clubs. Don't think he's leading into a PFR and then reraising into him and another player with a dry K here.We don't really have that good of a read on the villain as he is an unknown, but I think we can give him credit here. Looks like a set or big draw.
sorry, i don't know how to import HH from bodog. I opened from like UTG+2.
With the info given, the part of the range you beat with this action is Kx of clubs. Don't think he's leading into a PFR and then reraising into him and another player with a dry K here.We don't really have that good of a read on the villain as he is an unknown, but I think we can give him credit here. Looks like a set or big draw.
Fold. You played your hand face up.
Fold. You played your hand face up.
I folded, but how would you suggest playing my hand face down?Calling the flop? Not raising preflop? Explain.
I folded, but how would you suggest playing my hand face down?Calling the flop? Not raising preflop? Explain.
I think the face up comment is meant to say, you've shown strength in the hand at every turn and this guy doesn't seem to care, meaning he's either got more strength or a draw worth getting it all in on. The small re raise over your 3 bet puts me more toward set than draw so yeah, it's a painful fold.
I think the face up comment is meant to say, you've shown strength in the hand at every turn and this guy doesn't seem to care, meaning he's either got more strength or a draw worth getting it all in on. The small re raise over your 3 bet puts me more toward set than draw so yeah, it's a painful fold.
Yeah, on most sites I think this is probably an autofold. But when you find an unknown at midstakes on bodog they are often completely braindead roullette players looking for more outlets for their degeneracy. But I guess everyone is in agreement so end thread.Thanks,Eric
No I think you played it fine and it's a fold.
Let me elaborate. If I am villain, and I have 44/77 PF, and I see your action PF, I'm going to put you squarely on AK, KK, QQ, maybe AA, maybe JJ TT. When the flop comes and I hit my set and you raise my donk bet, I'm going to narrow your range post-flop to about 80% of the time AK, 10% of the time AA, and spaz/whatever 10% of the time. Essence of my point is that I know 90% of your range is going be a tough fold for you, so I'm going to move chips in. That's from the villain's POV. And when I don't (as hero) have information on villain being a spaz, and I see this action, I'm really going to think about getting stacked with one pair. Let's see more hands, so we can develop a range and some idea of what he's willing to do this with. Then we can better manage him.
Let me elaborate. If I am villain, and I have 44/77 PF, and I see your action PF, I'm going to put you squarely on AK, KK, QQ, maybe AA, maybe JJ TT. When the flop comes and I hit my set and you raise my donk bet, I'm going to narrow your range post-flop to about 80% of the time AK, 10% of the time AA, and spaz/whatever 10% of the time. Essence of my point is that I know 90% of your range is going be a tough fold for you, so I'm going to move chips in. That's from the villain's POV. And when I don't (as hero) have information on villain being a spaz, and I see this action, I'm really going to think about getting stacked with one pair. Let's see more hands, so we can develop a range and some idea of what he's willing to do this with. Then we can better manage him.
thank you

Isn't the raise a bit on small side? Villain needs to call 60 to win 230. I'd rather just call than raise giving them immediate odds to draw (while bloating the pot).

Isn't the raise a bit on small side? Villain needs to call 60 to win 230. I'd rather just call than raise giving them immediate odds to draw (while bloating the pot).
If i call the flop what do i do on a spade turn facing action? Non spade facing action? Checked to me?
If i call the flop what do i do on a club turn facing action? Non club facing action? Checked to me?
If you do call and club falls then you have no other choice but to fold to a bet.If a blank falls and villain checks you should bet/call. There's very little chance he checks the turn with set on this board.> Non club facing action?It's the ugliest part. Main thing is that you have position and you can re-evaluate based on his actions/bet sizes.IMO: raise to 150$ (& fold to shove) > call > raise to 100$ >>> fold

I think we need to raise more pre-flop...something in the $18-$24 range. It may sound nitpicky, but it makes our post-flop play clearer. Also, I agree with some others that I think our flop raise needs to be bigger or we need to call. Popping it this much is pricing everything in and actually encourages a repop. That said, played the way we did, his non-all-in 3-bet shows immense strength and this looks to be a fold.Who's the EP, erac?