Predictions For The Nba East

A third of the way into the season and the Heat are currently the 6 seed in the East and hold a 2.5 game advantage over the 9 seed (ironically Chicago).
They played like playoff intensity against the Lakers. If they play like that all the time, there's no way they don't make the playoffs.
They played like playoff intensity against the Lakers. If they play like that all the time, there's no way they don't make the playoffs.
I agree. They have too many defensive shortcomings to not bring max effort.With all the young players on their roster, they could miss the playoffs. Chalmers could hit a rookie wall; Daequan Cook might stop hitting bushels of 3s.My larger point is the statement that the Heat had "no chance" to make the playoffs was retarded and I plan on enjoying calling that stupid chicago fan on it all year.
  • 3 weeks later...
No chance the heat make the playoffs, none.
41 wins should do it so the Heat are 20 wins away with 44 games to play. 3-2 on their current road trip and best sign they won in Milwaukee tonight with Wade only scoring 15. Daequan Cook and Beasley are stepping up.
  • 2 weeks later...
No chance the heat make the playoffs, none.
i am just going to keep quoting this all year.heat beat Orlando, then blow out the Hawks. Going 19-19 to finish the season now would EASILY get them in the playoffs (and that is a very conservative goal).
i am just going to keep quoting this all year.heat beat Orlando, then blow out the Hawks. Going 19-19 to finish the season now would EASILY get them in the playoffs (and that is a very conservative goal).
That prediction also had the Wizards making the playoffs.To further defend the original predictions: Wade wasn't a model of health the last 2 years. And, in closing, I never bragged when the Portland Fire snuck into WNBA playoff contention in recent years, either. :club:
That prediction also had the Wizards making the playoffs.To further defend the original predictions: Wade wasn't a model of health the last 2 years. And, in closing, I never bragged when the Portland Fire snuck into WNBA playoff contention in recent years, either. :club:
Why are you defending a prediction someone else made? He quoted chgocubs99, not you.And lets be honest, you had to Google what the WNBA's team name in Portland was, bad comparison.
Why are you defending a prediction someone else made? He quoted chgocubs99, not you.And lets be honest, you had to Google what the WNBA's team name in Portland was, bad comparison.
lol...he could've said the Portland Stilettos and I would've believed it.I'm too lazy to search but I'm sure I posted that the Heat would be in the playoffs.
Why are you defending a prediction someone else made? He quoted chgocubs99, not you.
Cuz no one else is going to. And if someone is going to stand up and proclaim their team's potential for adequecy against the mighty (sic) nba east, I'll call their bluff.
And lets be honest, you had to Google what the WNBA's team name in Portland was, bad comparison.
Nope, lord knows how much airtime on sports talk radio was wasted with ads for Fire games.

Cappy, what the hell are you talking about?Somebody said the Heat have "no chance" of making the playoffs. If your argument is that the Eastern Conference is terrible, then doesn't that make the "no chance" statement even more ridiculous? Nobody ever called the Heat world-beaters, just that their chances of making the playoffs are pretty good.And if you want to defend the "no chance" comment based on Wade's health, then you are basically saying there was "no chance" that Wade would stay healthy.

Cappy, what the hell are you talking about?Somebody said the Heat have "no chance" of making the playoffs. If your argument is that the Eastern Conference is terrible, then doesn't that make the "no chance" statement even more ridiculous? Nobody ever called the Heat world-beaters, just that their chances of making the playoffs are pretty good.And if you want to defend the "no chance" comment based on Wade's health, then you are basically saying there was "no chance" that Wade would stay healthy.
Well, preseason predictions serve 1 purpose: betting lines for gambling degens... It's fun to look back and see what teams over/under-performed, but the bottom line is the Heat probably were the 8th most likely team to win the East. Wade's health was certainly a factor in that assessment.
Well, preseason predictions serve 1 purpose: betting lines for gambling degens... It's fun to look back and see what teams over/under-performed, but the bottom line is the Heat probably were the 8th most likely team to win the East. Wade's health was certainly a factor in that assessment.
The health that wasn't in question after the work he put in winning a gold medal.
the bottom line is the Heat probably were the 8th most likely team to win the East.
But, but eight teams make the playoffs. How does that equate to no chance in making the playoffs?
um, this.somebody said the Heat had no chance to make the playoffs. I found that assessment absurd. It turns out to look really absurd in hindsight. hence, my crowing.and, while the Heat are not world beaters they have gone from worst team in the NBA last year to a promising and (most importantly) young team with a great future (assuming Wade stays in 2010.....I think he does). both the dolphins and the Heat have taken quantum leaps forward this year and that is a great thing in my book.

Also the East has gotten better over the last two years. It used to be a 1 or 2 team conference and now there is a lot more depth.The 3 division leaders Boston, Orlando, & Cleveland are legit title contenders.There are a huge pack of teams with winning records that can beat you on any given night like Detroit, Atlanta, Miami, and Philly and other than Washington almost every team is at 20 wins. The Western conference has 5 teams with less than 15 wins, the East has only 1.

um, this.somebody said the Heat had no chance to make the playoffs. I found that assessment absurd. It turns out to look really absurd in hindsight. hence, my crowing.and, while the Heat are not world beaters they have gone from worst team in the NBA last year to a promising and (most importantly) young team with a great future (assuming Wade stays in 2010.....I think he does). both the dolphins and the Heat have taken quantum leaps forward this year and that is a great thing in my book.
The health that wasn't in question after the work he put in winning a gold medal.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The extra games for the olympic team + his spotty health were major factors in people's view of them. It's been a long-running topic of discussion how the olympic games + postseason add a lot of miles on to these player's odometer. Mark Cuban, for one, was pretty adament that he strongly disliked his players going to the Olympics.. Of course, when you approach it from a business standpoint, teams get hardly anything out of their stars going overseas, yet they are technically multi-million dollar commodities. It's huge uneccessary risk.Plus the Heat didn't dump Marion like everyone expected and completely rebuild. :club:
Also the East has gotten better over the last two years. It used to be a 1 or 2 team conference and now there is a lot more depth.The 3 division leaders Boston, Orlando, & Cleveland are legit title contenders.There are a huge pack of teams with winning records that can beat you on any given night like Detroit, Atlanta, Miami, and Philly and other than Washington almost every team is at 20 wins. The Western conference has 5 teams with less than 15 wins, the East has only 1.
I don't think the Cavs can take the title without Big Z and Delonte. Their injuries are significant to their styles of play. Delonte is a shooter and a major wrist injury is baaaad. Illgauskas...well, you need legs haha. Mo and Lebron ain't enough to carry them all the way. btw, anybody surprised that Detriot isn't putting Iverson on the PG and have Rip starting at PG? Stuckey isn't putting the big numbers anymore and seems to have lost the aggression that gave him the starter role in Detroit.
I don't think the Cavs can take the title without Big Z and Delonte. Their injuries are significant to their styles of play. Delonte is a shooter and a major wrist injury is baaaad. Illgauskas...well, you need legs haha. Mo and Lebron ain't enough to carry them all the way. btw, anybody surprised that Detriot isn't putting Iverson on the PG and have Rip starting at PG? Stuckey isn't putting the big numbers anymore and seems to have lost the aggression that gave him the starter role in Detroit.
There is plenty of time for the Cavs to get healthy, and since they play good defense every game they are in every game.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The extra games for the olympic team + his spotty health were major factors in people's view of them. It's been a long-running topic of discussion how the olympic games + postseason add a lot of miles on to these player's odometer. Mark Cuban, for one, was pretty adament that he strongly disliked his players going to the Olympics.. Of course, when you approach it from a business standpoint, teams get hardly anything out of their stars going overseas, yet they are technically multi-million dollar commodities. It's huge uneccessary risk.Plus the Heat didn't dump Marion like everyone expected and completely rebuild. :club:
the offseason games leading to tiring seems much more applicable to baseball players and the World Baseball Classic. Lebron Kobe and Wade all look good. Maybe that will change in May. I dont think so though.Marion has not played in two weeks and the Heat are 5-2 in that stretch. He may come back this Saturday against Dallas (i'll be there). They dont seem to need him much.....he is a great talent but he does not fit well with Wade. Beasley is playing better than Marion the last month. They should trade him to the Raps for Jermaine or to the Kings for Brad Miller. either way they have cap room for 2010.
Rumor has it they are trying to trade him now.
the offseason games leading to tiring seems much more applicable to baseball players and the World Baseball Classic. Lebron Kobe and Wade all look good. Maybe that will change in May. I dont think so though.Marion has not played in two weeks and the Heat are 5-2 in that stretch. He may come back this Saturday against Dallas (i'll be there). They dont seem to need him much.....he is a great talent but he does not fit well with Wade. Beasley is playing better than Marion the last month. They should trade him to the Raps for Jermaine or to the Kings for Brad Miller. either way they have cap room for 2010.
Even as a 2 month rental, I can't imagine the Heat can't get better than Jermaine O'Neals bulky contract back... Hell, even Portland could give you Channing Frye + the ginormous Raef Contract... Or Sergio + the contract... /shrug.. Then you'd have an extra solid player and still keep the cap space. Not sure how well he'd fit in Portland being as egocentric as he is.. But I think it'd be a little more valuable in the long term.As an abstract, I wonder if some scenario involving Lamar Odom for Shawn Marion would work. Time will tell.
  • 1 month later...