Whats Your Political Position?

Economic Left/Right: 4.88Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.46

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took it again just to see if my position had shifted and it did. I think my political bents are more influenced by whether or not the Montana Legislature is in session or not. When they're in session, I tend to be more on the liberal side. Out of session I drift back to the center. If you saw the people that get elected to the state legislature here, you'd understand why that is. Anyway, at this time with the legislature not in session I'm atEconomic Left/Right: -0.25Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03

I took it again just to see if my position had shifted and it did. I think my political bents are more influenced by whether or not the Montana Legislature is in session or not. When they're in session, I tend to be more on the liberal side. Out of session I drift back to the center. If you saw the people that get elected to the state legislature here, you'd understand why that is. Anyway, at this time with the legislature not in session I'm atEconomic Left/Right: -0.25Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Now you want me to start moving dots? Sigh....
if you compile a list of people and scores i'll try to throw something together to generate the graph and put it up at tripod.com or something.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/printableg...8&soc=-0.97don't move mine, but I still hate this test. There are questions that only have one possible answer for anyone and that skews the test imo."What's good for the most successful corporations is always, ultimately, good for all of us."How can anyone answer anything but strongly disagree when they use the word always?

i hated a few questions as well. a question like "i want my childs relgious upbringing reinforced at school" or however it was worded is hard to agree with, because the school shouldn't have anything to do with that. However, i definitely don't want the school telling my kids that all elements of intelligent design are indefensible and that undirected evolution is "proven", as I was in school.

Or the question:Do you think liberals will ever realize that they are a cancer on society and that their best accomplishments are illusionary at best.I mean..you could believe that and not be a republican. It really belongs more in an intelligence test, not a political leanings test.

Nah H, I just thought it was kind of interesting is all. I really don't know what I changed to change the score either,lol.
-4.26, +7.19
haha. No one will be anywhere near this one.
-4.26, +7.19
I'm 99.9% sure that's not a real score, and I will not be adding it unless I can a notorized statement specificying that it is real.Or you could show me your answers and defend them.
I'm 99.9% sure that's not a real score, and I will not be adding it unless I can a notorized statement specificying that it is real.Or you could show me your answers and defend them.
yeah right after he posted that last night I took the test again and did my best to replicate it pretending to be a pinko, but I still got put on the libertarian side.
yeah right after he posted that last night I took the test again and did my best to replicate it pretending to be a pinko, but I still got put on the libertarian side.
Did you have on Radio head?That's really the only way to fully pretend to be a pinko.That and hate Walmart
Lol I did my absolute best to answer as I thought Josef Stalin might have and I STILL ended up on the line between authoritarian and libertarian at the far left upper corner. I don't know how you can get that score,lol.
YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN OR CAN'T DO WITH MY BODY
That's not Pinko..that's feminazism of the 1980'sYou need to think more : "I know best for the entire planet and if it means a few people die for my way to be tried, then so be it"You know, like Hillary would think
Did you have on Radio head?That's really the only way to fully pretend to be a pinko.That and hate Walmart
Phew. I hate Wal-Mart but I also hate radio-head.Dodged one there.

Interesting. We've had doubts about this quiz from the start, and the fact that nobody can get very far into the upper left quadrant, even if they are trying, shows how ridiculous the quiz is.I've been thinking of developing a neutral 20 question quiz. There would be 10 questions that would move you east-west, and 10 tha would move you north-south. It might have to be 40 questions, though so that you could ask each topic twice -- phrased from each end of the spectrum. For example:* You own your own body, and the government has no right to tell you which chemicals should go into it.VS* The government has a duty to prevent people from harming themselves so that the individual does not become a burden on society.There would be 10 subject areas in the social spectrum, 10 in the economic spectrum.The questions would be available for review and discussion so that all the bad questions like the ones that lead to this chart are weeded out.Is this worth the (relatively large) effort? I haven't found anything like this on the internet so far....

Interesting. We've had doubts about this quiz from the start, and the fact that nobody can get very far into the upper left quadrant, even if they are trying, shows how ridiculous the quiz is.I've been thinking of developing a neutral 20 question quiz. There would be 10 questions that would move you east-west, and 10 tha would move you north-south. It might have to be 40 questions, though so that you could ask each topic twice -- phrased from each end of the spectrum. For example:* You own your own body, and the government has no right to tell you which chemicals should go into it.VS* The government has a duty to prevent people from harming themselves so that the individual does not become a burden on society.There would be 10 subject areas in the social spectrum, 10 in the economic spectrum.The questions would be available for review and discussion so that all the bad questions like the ones that lead to this chart are weeded out.Is this worth the (relatively large) effort? I haven't found anything like this on the internet so far....
I for one would like to see it H.
VB and I were talking about this the other night, and I wanted to find something similar. But I was too lazy and have been far too busy to put the time into it.
VB and I were talking about this the other night, and I wanted to find something similar. But I was too lazy and have been far too busy to put the time into it.
I wouldn't call not willing to look down 6 lines too lazy... I would call it catatonic

Just to be clear, even though everyone figured it out: yes, my score was a joke. I was in the libertarian-right region. I like the concept of that test, but I agree, there are some questions that bother me alot. Execution is a little bleh. One of the ones that bother me is the one about how totalitarian governments can be more decisive than other types. I'm thinking "Well obviously, and there are 100 downsides that come with it..." So how do we answer that? I mean, if I take the question literally, I suppose I have to agree. It's almost as evil as True or False questions on an exam, heh.

I think some would call my beliefs anarchy. But I think both democrats and republicans are stupid and have made every issue a left or right issue when both are basically the same. There's basically no difference between a democrat and a republican anymore. They are both evil and need to be overturned.