I Don't Understand This Play By Durr

Full Tilt Poker Game #8058249165: Table Ivey Thunderdome - $500/$1000 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 15:30:06 ET - 2008/09/13Seat 1: Phil Ivey ($242,924)Seat 2: durrrr ($106,999.50)Phil Ivey posts the small blind of $500durrrr posts the big blind of $1,000The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Phil Ivey raises to $3,000durrrr calls $2,000*** FLOP *** [8s 3c Kd]durrrr checksPhil Ivey bets $5,000durrrr has 15 seconds left to actdurrrr raises to $16,300Phil Ivey has 15 seconds left to actPhil Ivey raises to $46,000durrrr has 15 seconds left to actdurrrr raises to $103,999.50, and is all inPhil Ivey calls $57,999.50durrrr shows [Th 9s 4h 6s]Phil Ivey shows [As 3s Ac 3d]*** TURN *** [8s 3c Kd] [5c]*** RIVER *** [8s 3c Kd 5c] [2h]durrrr shows a straight, Six highPhil Ivey shows three of a kind, Threesdurrrr wins the pot ($213,998.50) with a straight, Six high*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $213,999 | Rake $0.50Board: [8s 3c Kd 5c 2h]Seat 1: Phil Ivey (small blind) showed [As 3s Ac 3d] and lost with three of a kind, ThreesSeat 2: durrrr (big blind) showed [Th 9s 4h 6s] and won ($213,998.50) with a straight, Six high

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a little better than 70/30, fwiw, and depending on how often ivey is raising, he could be trying to fold him off AA or a drawing hand on a total air flop that no one is likely to have hit hard. <3 plo gambooolz.

it's a little better than 70/30, fwiw, and depending on how often ivey is raising, he could be trying to fold him off AA or a drawing hand on a total air flop that no one is likely to have hit hard. <3 plo gambooolz.
really? durr has no hand, no draw. except for runner runner
I guess it's 10th level thinking. but i'm still confused, ivey's three bet must mean strength to me.
on a board like that, i'd disagree--i'd say it means he's trying to pick off a bluff more often than it means strength. the problem with durr's play, imo, isn't so much that he's shoving into a set, but rather that ivey may feel instashove-committed with a king and some cards bigger than an 8.
put it this way: what cards other than board pairs does durr hate?run it--you'll be surprised.
I believe you but its hard to get your money in much worse in omaha.
on a board like that, i'd disagree--i'd say it means he's trying to pick off a bluff more often than it means strength. the problem with durr's play, imo, isn't so much that he's shoving into a set, but rather that ivey may feel instashove-committed with a king and some cards bigger than an 8.
yes i agree with this.
I believe you but its hard to get your money in much worse in omaha.
nah, you can get it in with 1-2 pairs against a set fairly often and be in a lot worse shape, but yeah, he's not super well off here fo sho.
http://twodimes.net/h/?z=5182129pokenum  -o th 9s 4h 6s  - as 3s ac 3d  -- 8s 3c kd Omaha Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing 8s 3c Kdcards		  win   %win  lose  %lose  tie  %tie	 EV9s 6s  Th  4h   97  11.83   723  88.17	0  0.00  0.118As 3s  Ac  3d  723  88.17	97  11.83	0  0.00  0.882

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=5182129pokenum  -o th 9s 4h 6s  - as 3s ac 3d  -- 8s 3c kd Omaha Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing 8s 3c Kdcards		  win   %win  lose  %lose  tie  %tie	 EV9s 6s  Th  4h   97  11.83   723  88.17	0  0.00  0.118As 3s  Ac  3d  723  88.17	97  11.83	0  0.00  0.882

i ran it on propokertools and it came back 68/32. when i first looked at it i assumed between 85/15 and 80/20. after i ran it, i liked durr's play a lot more. if ppt is wrong, i should get a new odds calculating site, looooledit: i'm a dipshit--their links suck and i accidentally clicked the o8 link. ignore me, lol.i still stand by the ivey 3bet picking off a bluff more often than as actual strength, though.
i ran it on propokertools and it came back 68/32. when i first looked at it i assumed between 85/15 and 80/20. after i ran it, i liked durr's play a lot more. if ppt is wrong, i should get a new odds calculating site, looool
Me thinks your site is wrong.

I am sure he was just trying to get Ivey to fold and then got very lucky to win. It probably really is that cut and dry.

I am sure he was just trying to get Ivey to fold and then got very lucky to win. It probably really is that cut and dry.
the idea, though, is that playing well means that you only do that with a certain range of your hands that has some sort of shot to win, unless you are like 90% certain that ivey will fold.
I honestly doubt that Ivey is putting that much money in the pot there and folding like ever in Omaha.
guys we're about 10 threads short to meet the quota for the daily "HOW MANY THREADS CAN WE MAKE FOR HIGH STAKES CASH GAMES"seriously though... its getting out of hand.
relax, this hand is worthy of discussion, you dont' like it, dont' read it.