Possible Large Betting Opportunity

Man City vs ChelseaOn Matchbook the odds for Man City to win is +340 and the odds for Chelsea to win is -109. Draw is +258. What's going on here? Should I just unload my entire roll on Chelsea right now? I just started using Matchbook, and I'm not sure what's going on here.I know nothing about futbol, so there's no way for me to know who should win.Edit: Am I retarded, because in the Liverpool-Man Utd match, Liverpool is +189 and Man U is +188. Do I just not understand soccer betting?

I don't understand American lines in general. Our way is much easier.I assume the -109 on Chelsea means they are massive favourites and the 188 to 189 for Man U/Liverpool means the linemakers thinks its too close to call?IMO (and James' too probably) Man U will beat Liverpool, they are essentially a 2-man team in Gerrard and Torres and they have both just been passed fit for this game. No way can they be 100%. Man U will buzzing with Rooney's excellent performance midweek and the Berbatov signing. I'd bet Man U.As for Chelsea v Man City. This has to be Chelsea. Man City can't splash their owners' billions yet so they are still the same side that could be trounced at any minute. Sure, they got Robinho but he won't be good enough vs Deco, Ballack, Lampard, Carvalho, Terry, Cech and co. Bet the farm on Chelsea mate.

I don't understand American lines in general. Our way is much easier.I assume the -109 on Chelsea means they are massive favourites and the 188 to 189 for Man U/Liverpool means the linemakers thinks its too close to call?IMO (and James' too probably) Man U will beat Liverpool, they are essentially a 2-man team in Gerrard and Torres and they have both just been passed fit for this game. No way can they be 100%. Man U will buzzing with Rooney's excellent performance midweek and the Berbatov signing. I'd bet Man U.As for Chelsea v Man City. This has to be Chelsea. Man City can't splash their owners' billions yet so they are still the same side that could be trounced at any minute. Sure, they got Robinho but he won't be good enough vs Deco, Ballack, Lampard, Carvalho, Terry, Cech and co. Bet the farm on Chelsea mate.
city at home vs city away are two different teams. portugal lost in mid week 3-2 after conceeding 3 late goals vs denmark so the portguese fella's wont be feeling great, terry was at fault for the croatia goal and most importantly essien is now out for the whole season potentially and chelsea have no replacement for him. i would definitely not bet the farm on them. i see a 1-1 draw.

I don't understand American lines too much either... but my opinion is.. Even though Man Utd are by no means into our stride yet (players still injured/just returning etc), you won't get very far betting on Liverpool in this fixture. Their record is horrendous against us, even though they're getting much stronger, Liverpool have suffered more Premier League defeats (18), dropped more points (68) and conceded more goals (48) to Manchester United than to any other club. They also don't have Torres and Gerrard.Liverpool 0 - 1 Man Utd (Berbatov)In the Chelsea-City match, I'm not as confident as LJB to bet the farm on Chelsea! I'm feeling an upset here, which includes a draw, but maybe a 2-2, 3-3 type scoreline... The new owners and hype + Robinho... could open the game up, quite a lot. If you can find enough of an edge in those odds (are they v v strongly putting Chelsea favourites?), I'd fancy betting on City, or the draw tbh.

Betting all your roll on Chelsea would be a disaster. Man City have a quality team and all players will be playing to impress since they just got bought by the richest people in football. I think chelsea will win but I wouldn't put a significant amount of money behind it.

Man City vs ChelseaOn Matchbook the odds for Man City to win is +340 and the odds for Chelsea to win is -109. Draw is +258. What's going on here? Should I just unload my entire roll on Chelsea right now? I just started using Matchbook, and I'm not sure what's going on here.I know nothing about futbol, so there's no way for me to know who should win.Edit: Am I retarded, because in the Liverpool-Man Utd match, Liverpool is +189 and Man U is +188. Do I just not understand soccer betting?
WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT "THE BOOKS HAVE BUILT THIS INTO THE LINE!!" ARE YOU RETARDED??? THERE IS NO WAY TO WIN UNLESS YOU BET AGAINST THE PUBLIC!!!
<br />Man City vs Chelsea<br /><br />On Matchbook the odds for Man City to win is +340 and the odds for Chelsea to win is -109. Draw is +258. What's going on here? Should I just unload my entire roll on Chelsea right now? I just started using Matchbook, and I'm not sure what's going on here.<br /><br />I know nothing about futbol, so there's no way for me to know who should win.<br /><br />Edit: Am I retarded, because in the Liverpool-Man Utd match, Liverpool is +189 and Man U is +188. Do I just not understand soccer betting?<br />
<br /><br /><br />These bets are for regulation. Only the "draw" side will cash if regulation ends in a draw. I lost enough money on EuroCup to understand the basics, at least.

The odds really aren't hard to understand. - is the favorite, + is the underdog. -109 means you have to bet $1.09 to win $1.00. It's essentially an Even money bet with a 9% vig. +340 (or whatever it is) would mean for every $1.00 you bet, you win $3.40.-109 is not a huge favorite - and soccer bets are rigged because it's a retarded sport and you have to account for the ever common 0-0 and 1-1 tie. So you are betting on 1 of 3 outcomes, not 1 or the other. (Shootouts don't count for breaking the tie if there is one)

I just didn't understand that Man City was a 3-1 underdog, but Chelsea was basically even money. I guess I wasn't aware that draws are as common as they are. I did unload a bit on Chelsea, and I just got a good start to the day when I turned the game on and it's 3-1 Chelsea.

So the last time I saw the odds for Liverpool-Man U, they were respectively +190, +189, so if you take both sides you're saying there's not going to be a draw at about -110. I can't imagine draws are that common for that to not be a good bet.Liverpool won 2-1 btw.Edit: Tomorrow, Milan -109 Genoa +400. I'm going to take my Chelsea winnings and put it on Milan, I guess

So the last time I saw the odds for Liverpool-Man U, they were respectively +190, +189, so if you take both sides you're saying there's not going to be a draw at about -110. I can't imagine draws are that common for that to not be a good bet.Liverpool won 2-1 btw.Edit: Tomorrow, Milan -109 Genoa +400. I'm going to take my Chelsea winnings and put it on Milan, I guess
At matchbook you can just bet the "Draw: no" option.
Yea, but the 'no draw' odds in the Liv-Man U match were like -275.
Assuming the +190 is an accurate price for an outright victory for both sides, the "No Draw" option should be something like +225ish.
Actually, I meant to type -225. Draw should be +225, no draw should be -225. Or thereabouts.This conversation is going pretty well so far. I'm gonna go see if I can figure out how in the fuck SC is going to cover against GA.
Haha, I know. I came back to say I was originally correct using the -. I think this is just an example why Americans don't do soccer.Do you see what I'm saying about the Chelsea match today and the Milan match tomorrow?

Ok, so after a little research I think I'm going to be betting soccer a lot, or at least attempt to. Here's 5 plays I've already booked for tomorrow...AC Milan -110Siena -101Hannover -101Vfl Bochum -101Villarreal +105If some soccer fans would like to chime in with any thoughts, they would be greatly appreciated, as I can't name a single player on either of these teams.And I'm setting my alarm for 8am tomorrow to watch the Milan-Genoa match.

Ok, so after a little research I think I'm going to be betting soccer a lot, or at least attempt to. Here's 5 plays I've already booked for tomorrow...AC Milan -110Siena -101Hannover -101Vfl Bochum -101Villarreal +105If some soccer fans would like to chime in with any thoughts, they would be greatly appreciated, as I can't name a single player on either of these teams.And I'm setting my alarm for 8am tomorrow to watch the Milan-Genoa match.
This site can tell you more than anyone could post here, about match statistics, predictions, betting advice, head to head stats, streaks, form, team news, injury/suspension lists etc etc.http://www.betstudy.com/soccer-stats/match...c-milan-666530/That link goes straight to the stats between Genoa and Milan. For someone from the US, starting to bet on football matches where they don't know the players names, or much about the teams... it could prove extremely valuable.You can go to the bar at the top, scroll over 'soccer statistics', and the drop down menu gives you all the options for every league.This is the injury/suspension list, for Italy... could be useful if you haven't heard that 2 or 3 main players will not start a game. http://www.betstudy.com/injured/italy.html