• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I liked this last episode with the Observers a lot.I'm sure there's a deeper meaning to the FBI not being able to use that gun other than, "Peter must've used the last round."What did they mean by, "You made her important?" Is it just because one of the Observers died to protect her? Or is there future significance?Also, the kidnapped girl was hot.

Observer: You have made her...important.Observer: Because she was responsible for the death of one of us.Can't quite tell if that is a good thing for her or a bad thing. Great episode as always. This show has become one of my favorites.

I liked this last episode with the Observers a lot.I'm sure there's a deeper meaning to the FBI not being able to use that gun other than, "Peter must've used the last round."What did they mean by, "You made her important?" Is it just because one of the Observers died to protect her? Or is there future significance?Also, the kidnapped girl was hot.
totally missed that line but makes sense since this is the other dimension's Peter.
  • 1 month later...

Ummmmmmm....Fringe watchers?WTF happened in this week's episode.It showed as a new episode on Monday but yet Olivia's partner (Charlie) was back alive on the show.He died when the shapeshifter took his place a few weeks back!WTF!!!!Do they think the audience is that stupid or am I missing something?

Ummmmmmm....Fringe watchers?WTF happened in this week's episode.It showed as a new episode on Monday but yet Olivia's partner (Charlie) was back alive on the show.He died when the shapeshifter took his place a few weeks back!WTF!!!!Do they think the audience is that stupid or am I missing something?
I said the same thing to my wife and she said it was the bad guy still.I think she may be trying to mislead me though...cause she spends a lot of time alone with an old smith corona and a mirror.
I said the same thing to my wife and she said it was the bad guy still.I think she may be trying to mislead me though...cause she spends a lot of time alone with an old smith corona and a mirror.
They killed the "bad guy".I really think they may have fucked up their own timeline.
They killed the "bad guy".I really think they may have fucked up their own timeline.
It was a unaired episode from the 1st season. Tomorrow is the one that goes next from the last one we saw in Dec.
They killed the "bad guy".I really think they may have fed up their own timeline.
I had some screw ups with my DVR so I completely lost 3-4 shows randomly through the season.Only Fringe did this but the DVR would start and stop and the picture would randomly break up and then get stuck etc.So I didn't know what happened this season.Their message board said that this was a carry over episode from last season.One person made the guess that only Olyvia can see him ala sixth sense.But I really like the show.
It was a unaired episode from the 1st season. Tomorrow is the one that goes next from the last one we saw in Dec.
That's what I was figuring, glad you confirmed it. Still stupid to do.
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got caught up on the last episode.Pretty much a second throw away episode again.No real advancement of the overall plot, standard problem of an ancient virus that kills planets being killed by Horseradish, Ignores the 10,000 other people in the building hat could have been infected, in fact they pretty much didn't exist.And of course the 'not airborn virus' transfers itself by expelling from the hosts as they die in their last breath...Lazy writers this week.

Just got caught up on the last episode.Pretty much a second throw away episode again.No real advancement of the overall plot, standard problem of an ancient virus that kills planets being killed by Horseradish, Ignores the 10,000 other people in the building hat could have been infected, in fact they pretty much didn't exist.And of course the 'not airborn virus' transfers itself by expelling from the hosts as they die in their last breath...Lazy writers this week.
Agree....Did like the fact Astrid basically found out about Peter #2
yeah it'll be interesting to see how she approaches it. hopefully, she won't take docs advice and leave it alone.
I've had issues with the DVR on the high def channels so I misses a few episodes.I take it Peter died as a child and Walter got a new one from the other dimension?So did the Walter in that dimension lose his kid?
I take it Peter died as a child and Walter got a new one from the other dimension?So did the Walter in that dimension lose his kid?
Yes, Peter died in "our" world, so Walter figured out how to travel to the alternate world and he brought alternate Peter back with him. Peter doesn't know about this, but it explains why Peter's childhood memories don't always sync with Walter's memories.I don't think they've ever touched on your second question.
Yes, Peter died in "our" world, so Walter figured out how to travel to the alternate world and he brought alternate Peter back with him. Peter doesn't know about this, but it explains why Peter's childhood memories don't always sync with Walter's memories.I don't think they've ever touched on your second question.
Must be an alternative Fringe with a Walter character frantically seeking a portal to retrieve his only son?Or did Walter take dead Peter body back and swap them?
Must be an alternative Fringe with a Walter character frantically seeking a portal to retrieve his only son?
Haha. Or...alternate Walter went to another alternate world and took that Peter. It's a vicious cycle.
Or did Walter take dead Peter body back and swap them?
I think it was the season one finale where they showed Walter visiting the grave of original Peter.

That Walter...he really makes the case for the need for some form of an ethics committee to govern over scientist.Of course the source for those ethics...you know

Correct
  • 2 weeks later...
I've had issues with the DVR on the high def channels so I misses a few episodes.I take it Peter died as a child and Walter got a new one from the other dimension?So did the Walter in that dimension lose his kid?
Looks like are going to now.You think they are going to try to make the case that Walter and Spock are responsible for the need for an army to fight the other dimension since they opened the gap between dimensions?Kind of 'We broke it now we have to fix it and only made it worse since only Olivia survived and who wants the fate of the world left to a skirt' moment?Guess they will be bringing in the Willis /Arnold /Sylvester /Norris team in soon

I can't believe this thread didn't get bumped at all. Last week's episode was awesome!I think Fringe has hit my Top 3 List of must-see-TV...just so well done. Very curious to see Peter's reaction when

he finds out he's from the alternate universe. Wonder if they'll do a flashback of the entire process of Walter doing the switcharoo.

btw, is it just me or is that secretary at Massive Dynamic hot?

• 1 month later...

Did anyone else watch last night? I'm spoiling, so stop reading.I loved the opening, and "Walternate." The show feels like it enjoys its fans. For an origin type story, though, I felt disappointed. I always thought of Walter as being a somewhat reasonable person who did something unthinkable. In my mind, I figured the grief Walter felt with the loss of Peter made him go to the other side and take the OtherPeter. The knowledge of what he had done was a part of his mental illness. This is the type of drama I like, though. I like seeing good people horrified by their own actions.Instead, what I got was a series of extenuating circumstances and coincidences. Give me the ferocity of parental love and the selfishness of grief! Also, if the show ever implies the Massive Dynamic redhead is Peter's real mother I'm walking away from this show.