• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed this election is tightening up, but let's not cheery pick polls Beefy Boy :club:http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/tod...polls-1016.html
I've never even heard of 538. I only take Zogby seriously. He's the only one who's always correct.

Today from Rasmussen:Colorado Narrows by 2 points from +7 Obama to +5 ObamaNorth carolina Obama up by 3, up 3 from last week Missouri Obama +5, up 2 from last week.Florida McCain picks up ground leads by one point.Ohio McCain now ahead by 2 points, reversing Obama's 2 point leadIt aint over till its over.

- Battleground (Obama +4) - Diageo (Obama +5) - Gallup expanded (Obama +9) - IBD (Obama +6) - Opinion Rsearch (Obama +5) - Rasmussen (Obama +4) - Research 2000 (Obama +8) - Washington Post/ABC (Obama +9) - YouGov (Obama +6) - Zogby (Obama +6) Obama's average lead right now is 6.2%According to CNN the McCain camp has decided to pull out of CO NM and IA. Adding all the Kerry states to those three and you have 273 Ev's for Obama.http://thepage.time.com/john-king-on-cnn/McCain now has to win Fl, NC, VA, OH, MO, NV and PA... all of which have shown Obama up or close to the lead for the last few weeks. Does anyone here really think McCain has a shot to win PA? Sounds pretty far fetched...

from http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081021/pl_nm/...litics_poll_nbcWASHINGTON (Reuters) – Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has opened up a 10-point lead over Republican opponent John McCain two weeks before the November 4 U.S. election, according to Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll released on Tuesday.The poll found 52 percent of voters favor Obama compared with 42 percent for McCain, up from a 6-point Obama edge two weeks ago, the Wall Street Journal reported.The 10-point lead is the largest in the Journal/NBC poll to date and represents a steady climb for Obama since early September, when the political conventions concluded with the candidates in a statistical tie, the newspaper reported.The poll also found that the popularity of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has fallen. Voters are less likely to see the Republican vice presidential nominee in a positive light, and much more likely to report negative feelings, the Wall Street Journal said.Forty-seven percent view Palin negatively, compared with 38 percent who see her in a positive light.Fifty-five percent of voters say Palin is not qualified to be president, up from 50 percent two weeks ago.The poll of 1,159 registered voters was conducted from Friday to Monday and has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.9 percentage points.

this poll is kind of misleading. it has obama up in three of four regions (Northeast, Midwest and West). I wont dispute that McCain will be close in the popular vote; the question is will he be close in electoral votes. Hammering Obama in the South won't be enough.I think this race is shaping up to be very close in the popular vote. I don't know if that will translate to an electoral nail-biter.
this poll is kind of misleading. it has obama up in three of four regions (Northeast, Midwest and West). I wont dispute that McCain will be close in the popular vote; the question is will he be close in electoral votes. Hammering Obama in the South won't be enough.I think this race is shaping up to be very close in the popular vote. I don't know if that will translate to an electoral nail-biter.
The current situation in Pa and Va is not good for JSM, with little time to turn them around. It will take a Bradley effect for JSM to pull this out, but since Ive always believed that the BE will be significant, its a nailbiter in the EC also.
I agree with you, but that poll was apparently the most accurate pollster in 2004 election so who knows... also 11% undecided is HUGE.
The current situation in Pa and Va is not good for JSM, with little time to turn them around. It will take a Bradley effect for JSM to pull this out, but since Ive always believed that the BE will be significant, its a nailbiter in the EC also.
True, if you believe in a strong Bradley effect then the EC could be very tight. I did read today that McCain is tightening the race in Florida but losing ground badly in Ohio. McCain cannot afford to lose either state.
http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/...p;nav=menu227_6Results show that if the election were held today, 44% of Montana voters polled say they would vote for Barack Obama, while 40% would cast their ballot for John McCain.Meanwhile, 4% say Ron Paul would get their vote while almost 10% of those polled say they're still undecided on a candidate.-------------------LOL, McCain could lose a state to Obama thanks to someone *who isn't even running*! Now THAT is a bad campaign.
http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/...p;nav=menu227_6Results show that if the election were held today, 44% of Montana voters polled say they would vote for Barack Obama, while 40% would cast their ballot for John McCain.Meanwhile, 4% say Ron Paul would get their vote while almost 10% of those polled say they're still undecided on a candidate.-------------------LOL, McCain could lose a state to Obama thanks to someone *who isn't even running*! Now THAT is a bad campaign.
Lol well Ron Paul IS on the ballot here. And I suspect my county will be big for him considering all the signs I see around here. But then we're the reddest county in the state. :club:
Lol well Ron Paul IS on the ballot here. And I suspect my county will be big for him considering all the signs I see around here. But then we're the reddest county in the state.
I wish the election were close enough that any one state, even Montana, might make the difference. I would love it if the R's lost because of someone with limited government principles that isn't even campaigning forced them to lose the election. Hopefully they'll get the message anyway, but I'm not holding my breath.
I wish the election were close enough that any one state, even Montana, might make the difference. I would love it if the R's lost because of someone with limited government principles that isn't even campaigning forced them to lose the election. Hopefully they'll get the message anyway, but I'm not holding my breath.
LOL that politicians are looking for what message the voters are sending.We need a monarchy, that way at least we have a 50% chance of getting someone with a soul in charge
True, if you believe in a strong Bradley effect then the EC could be very tight. I did read today that McCain is tightening the race in Florida but losing ground badly in Ohio. McCain cannot afford to lose either state.
?? the most recent Ohio poll Ive seen has McCain ahead by 2%, reversing last weeks 2% Obama lead. Both states are absolute toss ups and will be right up to pulling the lever.
?? the most recent Ohio poll Ive seen has McCain ahead by 2%, reversing last weeks 2% Obama lead. Both states are absolute toss ups and will be right up to pulling the lever.
Last two polls released yesterday for OHBig Ten (52.5-41 for Obama) 10/21Quinnipiac (52-38 for Obama) 10/19Last two polls released yesterday for FLMiami Herald (49-42 for Obama) 10/21Quinnipiac (49-44 for Obama) 10/19
AP = vitrual dead heat.McCain will win. Mark this post.
October 24At intrade.com this morning, 10 shares of Obama-to-win were going for $86 and 10 shares of McCain were going for $14. If you think McCain is going to win, an investment of $14,000 in McCain stock now will yield $100,000 in two weeks.
wat