I'm surprised at the double digit leads in these two battleground states - obv it's all about the economy now.New state polls out today in New Hampshire and Virginia show good numbers continuing for Obama. Two new polls in Virginia and one in New Hampshire show him leading by double-digits:VirginiaSuffolkObama 51McCain 39SurveyUSAObama 53 (+2 vs. last poll, Sept. 19-21)McCain 43 (-2)Obama now leads by 4.9 points in the RCP Average for VirginiaNew HampshireSurveyUSAObama 53McCain 40Obama leads by 8.0 points in the RCP Average for New Hampshire

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the Obama's numbers are getting better after Palin's "win" in the debate.
It's got nothing to do with the debate. Unless something big happens this election is obviously all about the economy.
Popular vote. and there was no Bradley effect to deal with.
Since he's half black does the mean the Bradley Effect will be cut in half?!With the increased AA and youth vote, it will be more than enough to trump the supposed Bradley Effect.
Since he's half black does the mean the Bradley Effect will be cut in half?!With the increased AA and youth vote, it will be more than enough to trump the supposed Bradley Effect.
You dont understand what the Bradley effect is. And the youth vote? Why will they show up this time?
You dont understand what the Bradley effect is. And the youth vote? Why will they show up this time?
Poor Cop... no sense of humor. Anyways... yeah I do know what the Bradley Effect is.Also, don't for get the "white guy who is afraid to tell his friends he's going to vote for a black guy" vote. I'm sure BG and Nutzbuster fall into that category. Am I right?
It's another bias in the polls because they can't get cell-phone only households which are primarily younger voters. Current polls therefore tend to underestimate the youth vote. Also, I'll see if I can find the popular vote polls from 2004 october but I'm very skeptical that Kerry had a real lead in October or that he was "a lock" in any sense.
It's another bias in the polls because they can't get cell-phone only households which are primarily younger voters. Current polls therefore tend to underestimate the youth vote. Also, I'll see if I can find the popular vote polls from 2004 october but I'm very skeptical that Kerry had a real lead in October or that he was "a lock" in any sense.
I can't remember exactly (I want to say it was a Newt radio interview?) where they said, like 2 days before the election, that Kerry had a combined 7% overall lead over Bush.
They are adjusting for cell phone only households, as much as 10%. He had a 7% lead at this point, according to CNN.
He had a 7% lead at this point, according to CNN.
Where are you getting that from?Tipp: Bush 47 Kerry 44GWU: Bush 49 Kerry 46Zogby: BUsh 46 Kerry 45ABC:track_abc.GIFCNN/USA Today/Gallup, October 10: Bush 48 Kerry 50Check here: http://www.pollingreport2.com/wh2004a.htm Bush was ahead in 47/50 polls taken thoughout October across all polling companies. . I just don't see how you can support the statement that Kerry was a lock at this time in 2004.
Where are you getting that from?Tipp: Bush 47 Kerry 44GWU: Bush 49 Kerry 46Zogby: BUsh 46 Kerry 45ABC:track_abc.GIFCNN/USA Today/Gallup, October 10: Bush 48 Kerry 50Check here: http://www.pollingreport2.com/wh2004a.htm Bush was ahead in 47/50 polls taken thoughout October across all polling companies. . I just don't see how you can support the statement that Kerry was a lock at this time in 2004.
I dont know where CNN got it. And I see youre still ducking the question in the Ayers thread.
No, I mean where do you get your info about the CNN poll, the link I posted shows CNN Kerry +2.
I dont know if it was a CNN poll. I was watching CNN and they said "At this point Kerry had a 7 point lead in________" I dont know if it was their poll, the Smurf poll, whatever.

Obama (according to the polls which I only trust so much) has a much bigger lead at this point than Gore or Kerry had. Much bigger. There is no need to ignore reality. That said, this election is not over. Not at all.