2010 World Cup Qualifiers Thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
You mean something like,ItalyArgentinaUNITED STATESNorth Korea
fwiw, that group isnt that bad. italy really isnt that good, and north korea and argentina dont exactly scare me.http://www.constantlyoffside.com/Match%20R...for%20USMNT.phpmatch report from the non us lover of the two of us. relatively spot on, although quite harsh.

Agree with Italy not being that good. We threw away an opportunity to beat them on Saturday and we played terrible. Ended 2-2. Should have won even though we played poor.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Ireland have a mountain to climb after today. I would like to see it but I really don't think they will be good enough to beat the French in France.

Sigh I was resigned to most likely losing to the French but now with everything that happened after the match and how they scored I'm going to be even in more pain if the smug bastards knock us out. Trappatoni will try keep it 0-0 until 60 minutes and then bring on Mcgeady and try attack.I'd say we have a 15% chance of winning. An early goal and it changes everything.

i just watched the full algeria/egypt game. i am pretty certain that is the most ferocious derby game there is, i have never seen a game like that before! i also find it staggering that there wasnt a sending off in the game, a great refereeing job and its not often you'll hear anyone say that nowadays!come on ireland, 0-1 and sneak it on pens please.

France 0 - 1 Ireland at HT!If Ireland keep pressing, keep trying to create for the first 20-25 mins of the second half, they could do this. Sneak another goal and then defend for their lives. Come on...

Well there you go, hope your proud of your cheating Henry! I notice at the end he even isn't celebrating that much. Ireland were really unlucky.

Ugh. That's a bad way to lose.If Ireland had taken those earlier chances in the second half, it could have been so different. I've said it so many times though, football needs video technology... it's an embarrassment that FIFA are so backward about this.

Such bullshit, you'd think that gimp linesman could catch either the offside by two players or the handball, guess not, never underestimate the incompetence of referees and match officials.

Wow. Time for instant replay? That sucks but I think it is unfair to ask Henry to be policing himself. That is why we have refs. If he did turn himself in, god only knows what some crazy French fan would have done.

Why the **** doesn't world cup level soccer have instant replay on goals, to check for offsides, hand balls and what not. I'd have to talk to a Euro here, people might be super-adverse to it, but it seems like a no brainer to me. Maybe the fact that soccer runs on a continuous clock makes it' a poor candidate for instant replay, I dunno.