Correction, two judges that will Interpret the Constitution.Quote from Obama:"But it's those five percent of the cases that really count. And inthose five percent of the cases, what you've got to look at is—what isin the justice's heart. What's their broader vision of what Americashould be. Justice Roberts said he saw himself just as an umpire butthe issues that come before the Court are not sport, they're life anddeath. And we need somebody who's got the heart—the empathy—torecognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy tounderstand what it's like to be poor or African-American or gay ordisabled or old—and that's the criteria by which I'll be selecting myjudges. Alright? "It obvious that he believes justice's should make public policy.This is very scary, especially coming from somebody who was a constitutional law professor.
Awesome quote. Its unfortunate that its way over the head of the average voter and too long for a soundbite, but you are absolutely correct...its downright frightening. As Ive learned from interviewing and either not hiring or firing some PhDs, you can take the HLR and burn it. His reputation as a professor was mediocre, he goes to enomorous lengths to (mis) interpret legislation he wants to block, and he obviously has no respect for the plain word of the founding fathers. Academic success is a very poor indicator of success in the real world.Id love to see him on the Mark Levin show.
Awesome quote. Its unfortunate that its way over the head of the average voter and too long for a soundbite, but you are absolutely correct...its downright frightening. As Ive learned from interviewing and either not hiring or firing some PhDs, you can take the HLR and burn it. His reputation as a professor was mediocre, he goes to enomorous lengths to (mis) interpret legislation he wants to block, and he obviously has no respect for the plain word of the founding fathers. Academic success is a very poor indicator of success in the real world.
What do Ph.D.s have to do with the HLR?edit to elaborate: Having a Ph.D. is a very poor indicator of anything these days, I also know that first hand. But it seems rather silly to generalize from that to all academic positions.. president of HLR is a rather unique prestigious position which doesn't really compare to having a Ph.D... I think it probably means more about your political savvy than your intelligence, but still, interviewing some PhDs doesn't really give any insight into what it means to be president of HLR. I'd bet getting to that position very well may be an indicator of success in politics (which the Obama case supports).
Correction, two judges that will Interpret the Constitution.Quote from Obama:"But it’s those five percent of the cases that really count. And inthose five percent of the cases, what you’ve got to look at is—what isin the justice’s heart. What’s their broader vision of what Americashould be. Justice Roberts said he saw himself just as an umpire butthe issues that come before the Court are not sport, they’re life anddeath. And we need somebody who’s got the heart—the empathy—torecognize what it’s like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy tounderstand what it’s like to be poor or African-American or gay ordisabled or old—and that’s the criteria by which I’ll be selecting myjudges. Alright? "It obvious that he believes justice's should make public policy.This is very scary, especially coming from somebody who was a constitutional law professor.
link to quote?
Go straight to the source. Red highlighted sections in the New Testament.Leading a spiritual life is not complicated. You don't have to defend it to anyone. You either get it or you don't. You either keep your eyes and heart open or you don't. You either turn your will over to the care of God or you don't. Faith is not an intellectualizing act. It is what it is, much like God and Jesus Christ. Incidentally, Negreanu, you've probably already read this, but Richard Dawkin's God Delusion supports Jesus' ethical views from NT. God Delusion is a good read as well--ultimately it reinforces your faith and guides you on how to speak to spiritual matters vis a vis the atheist perspective:http://richarddawkins.net/article,20,Athei...Richard-Dawkins
Winner.
What do Ph.D.s have to do with the HLR?edit to elaborate: Having a Ph.D. is a very poor indicator of anything these days, I also know that first hand. But it seems rather silly to generalize from that to all academic positions.. president of HLR is a rather unique prestigious position which doesn't really compare to having a Ph.D... I think it probably means more about your political savvy than your intelligence, but still, interviewing some PhDs doesn't really give any insight into what it means to be president of HLR. I'd bet getting to that position very well may be an indicator of success in politics (which the Obama case supports).
It is roughly the educational equivalent of a JD, and since Ive never hired or fired a JD, (though Ive recommended that clients fire a couple, lol), I raised PhDs as a general indicaor that academic success isnt a great indicator of success in the non-academic world. I do know some Harvard lawyers though, and you are correct, President of the HLR is almost entirely a political position, and once achieved doesnt carry very much responsbility. The editorial board decides what does and doesnt get published and the administration hasnt changed much in a couple of hundred years.And of course success in politics != success in leading

After reading DN's blog and taking a long Tequila fueled nap (Patron Silver for the inquiring mind), I have had an epiphany.There IS a god, and he does care about who the POTUS is enough to work his wondrous ways. The election results will be gods will and none of us can change the outcome. Therefore I urge all of you to stay home on election day. Prepare your garden for next spring before the ground is too frozen, patch that hole in the driveway before winter makes it a crater, or for those of you lucky enough to live in Southern California dig out that wet suit and scrape the summer off your board in preparation for some great winter surf.We have no free will, PTL and god bless the next POTUS.

After reading DN's blog and taking a long Tequila fueled nap (Patron Silver for the inquiring mind), I have had an epiphany.There IS a god, and he does care about who the POTUS is enough to work his wondrous ways. The election results will be gods will and none of us can change the outcome. Therefore I urge all of you to stay home on election day. Prepare your garden for next spring before the ground is too frozen, patch that hole in the driveway before winter makes it a crater, or for those of you lucky enough to live in Southern California dig out that wet suit and scrape the summer off your board in preparation for some great winter surf.We have no free will, PTL and god bless the next POTUS.
Or better yet, there is no God, and it doesn't matter who we vote for as we are not going anywhere, not going to be around to enjoy our fruits, and in fact are living a delusion that even knowing this matters.We have no reason for free will, thanks Richard Dawkins and FSM fish for everyone
Or better yet, there is no God, and it doesn't matter who we vote for as we are not going anywhere, not going to be around to enjoy our fruits, and in fact are living a delusion that even knowing this matters.We have no reason for free will, thanks Richard Dawkins and FSM fish for everyone
shhhhhhhh. That could cause more Reps to stay home than Dems on this board.
Because having eternal life is the only reason to enjoy life on earth.Wait a second!! That doesn't make sense.You think you're going to heaven, therefore, this is just a stepping stone for you. We have no clue where we're going (if we even go anywhere), therefore, we actually treasure the time we have in existence on this planet! Plus, for those who aren't me, they care about their children living a fulfilling life when they're dead.Oh yeah, that's better:)<3 BG:P