Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$15 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $50.05CO: $199.90Hero: $353.49SB: $103.15BB: $394.50Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with A :ts Q :D2 folds, Hero raises to $3.5, SB folds, BB raises to $13, Hero calls $9.5 (pot was $16).Flop: A :4h T :club: 7 :D ($26.5, 2 players)BB bets $20.5, Hero calls $20.5 (pot was $47).Turn: Q :5c ($67.5, 2 players)BB bets $60.5 Hero?Villain is good. 22/15, solid winner. Willing to 3bet light (hands like 89 are definitely possible here). I'm 27/20ish, and villain knows I could legitimately have total air here. I think he will expect me to be floating a lot of the time here.I was surprised at the size of his turn bet, and I wasn't certain how to interpret it.

If villain is 3 betting light I can see him having AK, AT, A7s, 98s, KJ, AA, KK, QQ, TT, 77, KTs and AJs here. I don't know much about your history, but if he thinks you are full of it a lot I would raise the turn kind of small to induce a shove by a weaker hand. I don't like calling here, because there are a lot of potentially bad river cards for us. Depends on if villain is willing to fire 3 barrels. If villain is known to give up on the river without a really strong hand I might just call the turn and fold to most bets on the river.

If villain is 3 betting light I can see him having AK, AT, A7s, 98s, KJ, AA, KK, QQ, TT, 77, KTs and AJs here. I don't know much about your history, but if he thinks you are full of it a lot I would raise the turn kind of small to induce a shove by a weaker hand. I don't like calling here, because there are a lot of potentially bad river cards for us. Depends on if villain is willing to fire 3 barrels. If villain is known to give up on the river without a really strong hand I might just call the turn and fold to most bets on the river.
If I raise the turn I think he folds AK. He might fold A7. I don't think he folds AT, but it's possible. He knows I'm capable of retarded levels of spewage, but that's not to say he'll be willing to play a $700 pot when all he beats is a bluff.Try changing my hand to ATs. Would that make the decision different?
If I raise the turn I think he folds AK. He might fold A7. I don't think he folds AT, but it's possible. He knows I'm capable of retarded levels of spewage, but that's not to say he'll be willing to play a $700 pot when all he beats is a bluff.Try changing my hand to ATs. Would that make the decision different?
Yes it does, because then his most likely two hands become AQ and TT/77 and we beat neither. I think his two most likely hands currently are ATs and TT/77, though I like SCS's range overall.Ok so you know he's a good player; is he capable of barreling two streets on a bluff, with say, KK? Will he basically pot cbet with QQ or KK on an AT7 board in a threebet pot? Will he go for three streets of value with AT if we just call here in your opinion?Honestly, despite the fact that so many rivers are bad for our hands that we should probably just call the turn and call a river bet most of the time. If you believe he folds A7 and AK on the turn, then raising is baddddddd since the only hand we have beat that we get action from is AT. I think the most important question is will he THREE barrel bluff in big pots? If he does, then I like calling and snap calling basically every river.

I think this is AK a lot here and if you raise he has trouble folding on the turn. He'll probably check river and then you take it to value town. However if he pushes to a turn raise you can safely fold imo to TT or AA.

How often have you seen villain double barrel with draws, especially when scare cards hit? What is villain's aggression on the river? Is he betting missed draws and making a lot of thin value bets, or does he pretty much just bet the nuts and near nuts?

Yes it does, because then his most likely two hands become AQ and TT/77 and we beat neither. I think his two most likely hands currently are ATs and TT/77, though I like SCS's range overall.Ok so you know he's a good player; is he capable of barreling two streets on a bluff, with say, KK? Will he basically pot cbet with QQ or KK on an AT7 board in a threebet pot? Will he go for three streets of value with AT if we just call here in your opinion?Honestly, despite the fact that so many rivers are bad for our hands that we should probably just call the turn and call a river bet most of the time. If you believe he folds A7 and AK on the turn, then raising is baddddddd since the only hand we have beat that we get action from is AT. I think the most important question is will he THREE barrel bluff in big pots? If he does, then I like calling and snap calling basically every river.
If villain has a draw, I think it's most likely 89 of clubs, or some other hand of that sort that had a straight draw on the flop and turned a flush draw to go with it.

I think the best play here is dependent on how villain plays most rivers.If villain's river aggression is very high and he is known to bet missed draws and most of his made hands I would call the turn with the intention of calling any river.If villain's river aggression is low, and he plays his hands very straightforward, I would call the turn and fold to most rivers. I'd probably call if river was like a 2h.

Big stacks don't like playing huge pots with other big stacks. I think you give villain too much credit for just barreling his face off here without a very legitimate hand. IMO the BB believes he is value betting the piss out of you.I think the best play is to call turn and fold to another almost pot sized bet, call if he bets like $120 or less, and if he checks I'd instapot it and hope that he angrily calls with something like AK/A10.

I agree that call (and then probably call river) is the best line to take here.I made a real mistake here and raised to $170. I immediately regretted it because it doesn't get called by (m)any worse hands, and if he shoves I'm well behind his range.The problem I fought with was that he could have had 89, clubs, AK, and I'd likely have to pay him off on the river if he hit a draw (if a club or 89 hit I'm paying off ~$150 on the river). Plus, if he had something like AT, there are a ton of rivers that can lose me value. Added to that, I overestimated my image. 250bb deep I don't think he would fold AK here. 350bb deep he will.

I agree that call (and then probably call river) is the best line to take here.I made a real mistake here and raised to $170. I immediately regretted it because it doesn't get called by (m)any worse hands, and if he shoves I'm well behind his range.The problem I fought with was that he could have had 89, clubs, AK, and I'd likely have to pay him off on the river if he hit a draw (if a club or 89 hit I'm paying off ~$150 on the river). Plus, if he had something like AT, there are a ton of rivers that can lose me value. Added to that, I overestimated my image. 250bb deep I don't think he would fold AK here. 350bb deep he will.
two pair two pair two pair two pair -- it wins more HE hands than any other hand, but it loses huge pots. whenever I get a low set with action on the flop, I know I'm prob looking at two pair, and I can pretty much value-bet/shove by the river and get the chips.
bahahaI probably call turn and call any blank river.