your early tiff with antonio and slow rolling david

Daniel, In one of your blogs you talk about how you didn't see eye to eye with Antonio because of his early antics at the table. I found this to be very hypocritcal in light of some antics I have seen you make such as slow rolling David Williams with rockets. I understand that he is a friend of yours and I know some feel it's good tv, etc, but I would think you would be concerned that the uninformed viewer would think the same of you that perhaps you or others thought of Antonio. I just don't see the difference.

I never slowrolled David, that's absurd. I bet the flop and he moved all in. The board read K J 8 with two clubs. I don't just decided to call without thinking for a second to make sure. As soon as I said call and he turned his hand up I turned mine up. The fact that I took an extra three seconds to make the call with aces was hardly a slowroll. As for Antonio, our tiff wasn't solely based on antics at the table.

DNI think the reason he thinks you slow rolled David is because on the broadcast, after you turn up your aces, David says "nice slowroll". I didn't think you slowrolled him, but when I heard him say that I had to rewind the Tivo just to make sure. From the way you acted, I'm not even sure you heard David say that.7s7c...I don't think he slowrolled him, it was probably just David's frustrated reaction to knowing he was up against it real bad.

I never slowrolled David, that's absurd. I bet the flop and he moved all in. The board read K J 8 with two clubs. I don't just decided to call without thinking for a second to make sure. As soon as I said call and he turned his hand up I turned mine up. The fact that I took an extra three seconds to make the call with aces was hardly a slowroll. As for Antonio, our tiff wasn't solely based on antics at the table.
If I am not mistaken didn't you smile and ask him to repeat his action? If I am wrong then I apologize, though to me it seemed you were rollicking in getting him to push it in the middle and it seemed unnecessary to ask him to repeat his all-in call.
If I am not mistaken didn't you smile and ask him to repeat his action? If I am wrong then I apologize, though to me it seemed you were rollicking in getting him to push it in the middle and it seemed unnecessary to ask him to repeat his all-in call.
Daniel definitely asked David to repeat his all-in call. It's on tape. DUH!!! It's funny because even before David said "Nice Slow Roll", I was thinking the exact same thing. DN can deny it all he want's but he was FOR SURE rubbing that hand into David's face before he FINALLY decided to turn over his hand. DN can claim he was thinking before making the call all he wants, but he knew he had David right where he wanted him in that hand and there really was no need to ask David to repeat what he said and no need not to call and turn the cards over right away!
who cares? they're friends. they were having a good time with eachother from the beginning. "flop master" and "apprentice". come on now...
I concur.
It was the slowroll of the century!! :club:
What happened with Antonio??? I don't remember reading anything about this situation.BigSlick
DN slow rolled AA when playing with David Williams. It was on the WPT 2 weeks ago on The Travel Channel if you watched it. DN claims he was thinking before calling David's all-in, but that's just rediculous. He know's he could have turned over those 2 Aces much quicker than he did. In fact, he also taunted David before turning them over, asking him to repeat what he just said as far as stating "ALL-IN". :D:D
Guest XXEddie
agree with thisi hope you dont instantly call an allin with AA....acauuly i hope you do.....in which case ill give you direction to my home game

you're gonna think about these hands.Pocket aces, at this point, is dominated by pocket kings, pocket jacks, pocket eights, KJ, K8, and is drawing to either an ace, or (if david has the two pair), hitting a pair on the board that is not part of two pair. So if David has a pocket pair, Daniel's got two outs, if David got's two pair, at this point, he's got 5 outs. Then if David has the two pair and hits the full house on the turn, he's once again drawing to two outs. He's drawing dead if David has two clubs and one hits on the turn or river. All are definitely valid hands to play heads up. You don't necessarily put him on the pocket pairs heads-up, but you do consider the options before you decide to play this one out. But pocket aces that could possibly be cracked on the flop is nothing that is auto-played. You have to respect the all-in, and try to figure out what he has before you call.If it was pre-flop when David went all-in and Daniel waited before he called, THAT'S slowrolling. Slowrolling is not weighing the possibilities out before calling on the flop when you may be an underdog going to the turn.

In fact, he also taunted David before turning them over, asking him to repeat what he just said as far as stating "ALL-IN".
Thanks...that was my point...I don't blame him for taking time to call with A's...but he certainly didn't need to ask David to repeat his action there as he clearly heard him but whatever...somewhere Tony G. is smiling.

Here is an important tip for all of you: When you aren't 100% sure what your opponent declared and you don't see any chips in the pot, you should ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS clarify his action before you proceed.

Here is an important tip for all of you: When you aren't 100% sure what your opponent declared and you don't see any chips in the pot, you should ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS clarify his action before you proceed.
Hi Daniel,Great to see you in the media lately, and nice to hear that you've been back to T.O. for a few visits. Hope to see you at the final table in a few WSOP events this year.Anyhow, yes Daniel...I concur whole-heartedly with your tip, and in fact I have experience making this blunder in a little NL home game tourney we had a few months ago. I had a monster hand and when my opponent mumbled something I heard the words "all-in" but what he in fact said was "geez, wonder if I should put you all-in....". So, thinking what I heard was my cue to come over the top I grab several stakes of high society gleefully, and announce I'm raising all-in (had him covered slightly), only to embarrasingly find out that I would be raising "air" and the dealer apologetically tells me that he hadn't made a decision yet. Needless to say, I will never make that blunder again, and now if there's any confusion whatsoever I get a quick confirmation.Take Care,Shish-TaoukToronto
I agree when you are not 100% sure, but in the case with David Williams, it sure looked like you were 100% sure that he said "All-In", and that I am 85% sure of :club:
It was the slowroll of the century!! :club:
What happened with Antonio??? I don't remember reading anything about this situation.BigSlick
DN slow rolled AA when playing with David Williams. It was on the WPT 2 weeks ago on The Travel Channel if you watched it. DN claims he was thinking before calling David's all-in, but that's just rediculous. He know's he could have turned over those 2 Aces much quicker than he did. In fact, he also taunted David before turning them over, asking him to repeat what he just said as far as stating "ALL-IN". :D:D
But what happened regarding Antonio???BigSlick
I agree when you are not 100% sure, but in the case with David Williams, it sure looked like you were 100% sure that he said "All-In", and that I am 85% sure of :club:
I've been lurking on this board for quite some time, but haven't felt the need to post until now.I swear some of you intentionally say provocative / stupid things just to irk Daniel into responding. What's the deal? I saw the WPT episode in question, and I saw absolutely nothing wrong with that hand. When Williams declared all-in, it looked like Daniel didn't hear him, or if he did, he wanted to make sure he heard it right over such an important part of the tourney. Then when it was confirmed that it was an all-in, having nothing more than a pair he wanted to analyze the hand and think about the odds that he was beat. He took a whole 3 seconds to do that. And for that he's accused of slow-rolling? :roll:
i dont know if this irks daniel but it sure is irking me. some people just love the attention even if it means they will plainly be regarded as stupid, annoying and well disliked by most on the forum.

First of all, maybe Daniel asked David to repeat his all in statement to see if he could get a read on David. I know Daniel has already stated that he wanted verification that he heard right...but it is quite possible that in a situation like this someone might ask for someone to re-state it to see if they can pick anything up.Second of all...as to Daniel's "tip". Just ask the guy who put Doyle Brunson out at last year's WSOP main event. He was not aware that Doyle had moved all in and "called" with a crappy hand that happened to hit on the flop. If you are not sure, ask. Not too difficult.Michael

yeah, i too am on the boat of conspiracists that believe that a lot of people are just looking for things to gripe about in this board just so daniel will respond to them.kinda sounds like a variant to munchausen syndrome to me.