Thoughts On A Hand

Don't have the hand history, but sb vs. bb hand.Hero is in SB with 40k in chipsVillain is in bb with 112k in chipsBlinds are 1000/2000/2002 minutes until 1250/2500/2501280 left, 1080 payAction is folded to hero who raises to 5000 with AK offsuit, Villain takes about 4 seconds and shoves. Been at the table for about 2 orbs, villain has raised/bet flops on 4 or 5 pots. Villain is also big stack at the table by over 40k chips. Table has 3 stacks 20k or less, 1 stack 50k, and 2 stacks in the 60k range. Is it worth it to take a chance in this spot in order to become big stack the table, and have some leverage to apply pressure on the bubble?

Has villain shoved before? What has villain shown down? How has Hero played PF? Tight? Lots of raising?As it stands, you're likely a slight dog in a race. If you're lucky, you're facing AQ-AJ. Vs AA-KK you're crushed.If Hero believes a race is his best chance to take control of the table, then call.

Has villain shoved before? What has villain shown down? How has Hero played PF? Tight? Lots of raising?As it stands, you're likely a slight dog in a race. If you're lucky, you're facing AQ-AJ. Vs AA-KK you're crushed.If Hero believes a race is his best chance to take control of the table, then call.
We are likely a slight dog? I doubt it. The BB seems loose. In a blind v blind the ranges are going to widen.We are most likely ahead here. Call.

I call unless just cashing is severely important to you, which it shouldn't be. If you got in a fpp sat and this would make your roll you can fold it and eek to cash but in a blind v blind battle w/ his chip size my shovel range would be really wide. Any pair, a9s + k10s +, I might do that w/ 87, I mean, really you're very far ahead of the hands that would do that. Good big stacks take advantage of stacks your size at this point in the tourney.

Cashing didn't really matter to me. I bought in directly, and do so when I feel like it. I figured at worst I was a slight dog in this hand, facing probably a lower pair, which was right. I had been involved in 2 hands in 2 orbs, and I don't believe the villain had to show down any hands prior. Ended up losing the race, but glad to hear my line seems okay in calling.

I misread, but it still doesn't change our action at all.We are very rarely behind. 1) We really don't have alot of play left, 2) We are absolutely crushing the villians range since it's blind v blind.Edit: I also think we are crushing his range even if this isn't blind v. blind.