Kjs Shortstack Shoves Flop

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: $40.90MP: $101.80Hero (CO): $100.00BTN: $162.55SB: $28.30BB: $92.50Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is CO with K :ts J :heart:UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, Hero raises to $5.50, BTN calls $5.50, 2 folds, UTG calls $4.50, 1 foldFlop: ($19.00) T :D 2 :D Q :club:(3 players)UTG bets $35.40 all inThis is like my 4th hand at the table. I know nothing about any of these players. Gamboool???

Say you call and then the button flats behind you. What do you then do on the turn when you miss? What do you do when you hit?I think it's a pretty easy call if the button isn't in the hand, but he makes it a bit more complicated.

Say you call and then the button flats behind you. What do you then do on the turn when you miss? What do you do when you hit?I think it's a pretty easy call if the button isn't in the hand, but he makes it a bit more complicated.
At that point the pot will be $125 and hero will have less than $60 left. Can't he just shovel?

I like flatting on the flop. And although its a small possibility, trying to encourage action from the button. If your going to play the draw you might as well try to get more money in the pot for when you hit your monster. If the button has any idea of what he is doing, he should either be folding or shoving on you, and never flatting. In the weird case that he does, hes leaving you fold equity on the turn to shovel him. If he calls... than your getting the right odds on your shove to make it profitable.fwiw I dont see anything wrong with shoving either, but folding is never an option with utg stack size.

Ok.What range do you guys put UTG on? How big of a stack would he have to have before calling shove becomes incorrect?
against a set of 10s were still 40% to win the hand, so it would take alot for him to shove to get me to fold the KJ here. You have be around ~90% sure he has a set IMO to consider laying down the monsta draw.

~Dunno what it's like @ 100nl but shorties will shove with any piece of the flop @25nl - that'd be instacall for me, you've got about a million outs even if there's the very small chance he has a set

I personally don't think we should call here. I think we should over-shove.UTG probably has a weak hand with a re-draw, like AJ, 89hh or something, or just a weak hand like AT. I can't see this even being a set.By shoving, we're not playing a side pot oop, and we're getting our money in good if we're called. It's also going to be hard for him to call without a very strong hand, so that should make our K and J outs, as well.Urgh. That's convoluted. :club:

Ok.What range do you guys put UTG on?
It doesn't matter much unless we can put him on exactly A :club: Q :ts .He can show me a set here and I still break even by calling.
How big of a stack would he have to have before calling shove becomes incorrect?
I wouldn't think about folding unless he has more than 3x the pot.

Easy call, i think i might even come over the top all-in. UTG range is prob AQ, i don't think we put him on a set of 10s here he would prob go for a check/raise with a set. IMO

I like flatting on the flop. And although its a small possibility, trying to encourage action from the button. If your going to play the draw you might as well try to get more money in the pot for when you hit your monster. If the button has any idea of what he is doing, he should either be folding or shoving on you, and never flatting. In the weird case that he does, hes leaving you fold equity on the turn to shovel him. If he calls... than your getting the right odds on your shove to make it profitable.fwiw I dont see anything wrong with shoving either, but folding is never an option with utg stack size.
I think flatting looks much stronger then raising fwiw. It looks like you are just begginggggggg the button to call.
Shove so quick that Hellmuth calls to congratulate you.
I love this image.DSC_0170.JPG"Hello?""Hello, SCS?""Yes...who are you, and why are you calling me by my poker screenname?""This is Phil Hellmuth, of Ultimate Bet dot com.""Whoa.""Amazing, huh.""Yeah...did I win a prize?""No, because you do not play at Ultimate Bet dot com. I'm calling to congratulate you on the rapidity with which you called an all-in bet earlier on Full Tilt Poker dot com. You had both an open-ended straight draw and a flush draw. Full Tilt reports that you clicked the CALL button in 0.67 seconds. Well done. "
I think flatting looks much stronger then raising fwiw. It looks like you are just begginggggggg the button to call.
I'd rather have the NFD fold though! Not to mention the turn would get extremely awkward because you are gonna have to ship anyways and he's never gonna fold TP+.SHIP IT IN!
I love this image.DSC_0170.JPG"Hello?""Hello, SCS?""Yes...who are you, and why are you calling me by my poker screenname?""This is Phil Hellmuth, of Ultimate Bet dot com.""Whoa.""Amazing, huh.""Yeah...did I win a prize?""No, because you do not play at Ultimate Bet dot com. I'm calling to congratulate you on the rapidity with which you called an all-in bet earlier on Full Tilt Poker dot com. You had both an open-ended straight draw and a flush draw. Full Tilt reports that you clicked the CALL button in 0.67 seconds. Well done. "
Phil Hellmuth would call 1/3 of his chips preflop and then fold the flop, because he doesn't have a made hand.Thank God I'm not Phil Hellmuth.
Phil Hellmuth would call 1/3 of his chips preflop and then fold the flop, because he doesn't know that an open ended straight flush draw is a favorite over almost anything.Thank God I'm not Phil Hellmuth.
THESE MOTHER ****ERS WON'T GIVE ME ODDS TO HIT MY OPEN ENDED STRAIGHT FLUSH DRAW. I NEED AT LEAST 4:1 TO SEE THE TURN.

I call hoping other dude comes along. If he has nut flush draw, so be it.You're ridic ahead of the shorties range though. He could have bottom pair here imo, but regardless your K and draws are all outs almost always. He could have a flush draw too in which case he's super crushed.Mark