pokertracker information for beginners

I play almost exclusively 6 handed limit games. I take it my VP$IP should be higher than the typical 10 handed player? Should my autorate criteria be different and does anybody have some good autorate criteria for 6 handed limit games? Any help would be appreciated. Just getting used to PT.
The 10 man autorate states won't work per-se.... Would you guys like me to try to make a set of autorules for 6-max? I'm sure with the help of a few we could put something good together.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 10 man autorate states won't work per-se.... Would you guys like me to try to make a set of autorules for 6-max? I'm sure with the help of a few we could put something good together.
I am new to using Poker Tracker. So far it seems like a great tool. I was just wondering if anyone has a good set of autorate rules(10 man) or a few pointers. I am still learning the details of the software. I am sure with time and familiarity with the software I will come up with my own, but why reinvent the wheel.Thanks in advance
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What does AF mean?BB/100 What about those playing no limit? Does BB mean twice the big blind?VP$IP. Does PT give a VP$IP from every slot. 10-handed game. UTG, UTG+1, ......,CO, button, SB, BB. Shouldn't every position have a different VP&IP? This way if you remove the first four slots from a 10-handed game, you can get a VP$IP for the 6-max game.

What does AF mean?BB/100  What about those playing no limit?  Does BB mean twice the big blind?VP$IP.  Does PT give a VP$IP from every slot.  10-handed game.  UTG, UTG+1, ......,CO, button, SB, BB.  Shouldn't every position have a different VP&IP?  This way if you remove the first four slots from a 10-handed game, you can get a VP$IP for the 6-max game.
AF is agression factor. It's the ratio of how often you bet or raise to how often you call.Not sure what BB/100 is for NL.Yes, you can get stats by position.In the first post of this thread, Jayson put a link to a good article at Bet the Pot that you should read. It gives a basic overview of PT and tells how a NL player uses it.

In the Auto Rate window, it's only showing $25 NL for me to "check"But it has processed several LHE, too.In the "Ring Game Player Stat", only the $25 NO Limit shows.Why is it not looking at the LHE games it's processd?I know I should ask PT, but tought it was easy/obvious to somneone here and I wouldnt have to wait!thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you can get GT+ to show the stats of the table you're just observing, unless you change your name in GT+ to the names of one of the other players at the table and then use it. At least on UB.But what do I know...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does PT work for NL as well as limit?What about tourneys?Does it tell you what % you cash in SNG's and MTT's?I think I'm about to invest in it :club:
It works for NL (and pot limit) and also for tournaments. You should check the forums at pokertracker's website for more details.

I own a Mac, and last time I checked Poker Tracker was only available on Windows machines, so that explains why I don't have it. I do however play on Bugsys Club, and they have a pretty good stat section, so I thought I'd share some of those stats with everyone to see how I stack up. I mostly play in full ring No Limit games (currently at the .50/1 blind level), and I've been keeping stats at Bugsys Club for just over 5000 hands.VP$IP - All I got is % flops seen outside the blinds, which I guess is kinda the same thing. My percentage is 22. In recent sessions this number has been leaning more towards 17 though. Pre-flop raise - 11%Went to Showdown - I had to do the math on this one, but it seemed to come out to 34%.Won $ at showdown - 53%Based on the numbers Jason used mine seem to be a little off, but pretty close to par. If anyone has any other insight I'd love to hear it.

Gametime + sucks...try the Poker Ace HUD...its free as well...so good u will want to send the programmer money after u use it....http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopi...5028ca53e91d791For those who want to autorate limit games u may want to follow these guidlines, the default settings are a lil sketchy....http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat...=7&o=14&fpart=1

Ok, I have no idea what I am doing. Is there some sort of this is how to use poker tracker tutorial? I have a database of about 1.5k hands (not nearly enough, I know) and I just want to see what the stats look like.