September Goals

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me if i knew september was going to be like this , i wouldn't play a single hand. The money i won this month isn't worth the trouble of 30k hands i played.But that's the thing with poker isn't it? All i can do is put in the hands and try to make as less mistakes as i can.

Chopped the $10 1R1A for $2654. Was 1/3 at the time(not by much), $200 better than 2nd place money so it seemed like a good deal. Didnt make a rail call cuz I didnt wanna jinx it lol :club: Officially my best month ever now tho, up like $3100 or so

Chopped the $10 1R1A for $2654. Was 1/3 at the time(not by much), $200 better than 2nd place money so it seemed like a good deal. Didnt make a rail call cuz I didnt wanna jinx it lol :club: Officially my best month ever now tho, up like $3100 or so
nice work.

Such a frustrating day so far...I havent tilted at all, but I am running so poorly right now. Gave back my entire weekends profit and then some so far.My Day: Full Tilt Poker Game #8264504070: Table Shady (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - Limit Hold'em - 16:09:49 ET - 2008/09/28Seat 1: rhanaki ($42.55)Seat 2: Mattnxtc ($17.55)Seat 3: macby ($60.85)Seat 4: PapiAndNana ($36.40)Seat 5: Pimpam ($6.25)Seat 6: 6thTennessee ($26.90)Mattnxtc posts the small blind of $0.25macby posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Mattnxtc [Js Ac]PapiAndNana calls $0.50Pimpam has 15 seconds left to actPimpam folds6thTennessee foldsrhanaki foldsMattnxtc raises to $1macby foldsPapiAndNana raises to $1.50Mattnxtc calls $0.50*** FLOP *** [2h 4s Qh]Mattnxtc checksPapiAndNana bets $0.50Mattnxtc raises to $16thTennessee: MACBY...I had pocket queens, too.PapiAndNana calls $0.50*** TURN *** [2h 4s Qh] [5h]Mattnxtc bets $1PapiAndNana calls $1*** RIVER *** [2h 4s Qh 5h] [Tc]Mattnxtc bets $1PapiAndNana calls $1*** SHOW DOWN ***Mattnxtc shows [Js Ac] Ace Queen highPapiAndNana shows [Kd Td] a pair of TensPapiAndNana wins the pot ($9.05) with a pair of Tens*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $9.50 | Rake $0.45Board: [2h 4s Qh 5h Tc]Seat 1: rhanaki (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: Mattnxtc (small blind) showed [Js Ac] and lost with Ace Queen highSeat 3: macby (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 4: PapiAndNana showed [Kd Td] and won ($9.05) with a pair of TensSeat 5: Pimpam didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: 6thTennessee didn't bet (folded)

LOL Downswings FTW
More like downswing then upswing then downswing then upswing. It'd be nice to book a few winning days in a row to get some momentum going into next month. Here's looking to finishing the month strong.
Such a frustrating day so far...I havent tilted at all, but I am running so poorly right now. Gave back my entire weekends profit and then some so far.My Day:
No offense, but unless i missed summat, you played that pretty damn poorly, regardless of him being a donkActually, im guessin the HH is screwed? No one sitting at the table with a full stack?
No offense, but unless i missed summat, you played that pretty damn poorly, regardless of him being a donkActually, im guessin the HH is screwed? No one sitting at the table with a full stack?
its LHE
Such a frustrating day so far...I havent tilted at all, but I am running so poorly right now. Gave back my entire weekends profit and then some so far.My Day: Full Tilt Poker Game #8264504070: Table Shady (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - Limit Hold'em - 16:09:49 ET - 2008/09/28Seat 1: rhanaki ($42.55)Seat 2: Mattnxtc ($17.55)Seat 3: macby ($60.85)Seat 4: PapiAndNana ($36.40)Seat 5: Pimpam ($6.25)Seat 6: 6thTennessee ($26.90)Mattnxtc posts the small blind of $0.25macby posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Mattnxtc [Js Ac]PapiAndNana calls $0.50Pimpam has 15 seconds left to actPimpam folds6thTennessee foldsrhanaki foldsMattnxtc raises to $1macby foldsPapiAndNana raises to $1.50Mattnxtc calls $0.50*** FLOP *** [2h 4s Qh]Mattnxtc checksPapiAndNana bets $0.50Mattnxtc raises to $16thTennessee: MACBY...I had pocket queens, too.PapiAndNana calls $0.50*** TURN *** [2h 4s Qh] [5h]Mattnxtc bets $1PapiAndNana calls $1*** RIVER *** [2h 4s Qh 5h] [Tc]Mattnxtc bets $1PapiAndNana calls $1*** SHOW DOWN ***Mattnxtc shows [Js Ac] Ace Queen highPapiAndNana shows [Kd Td] a pair of TensPapiAndNana wins the pot ($9.05) with a pair of Tens*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $9.50 | Rake $0.45Board: [2h 4s Qh 5h Tc]Seat 1: rhanaki (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: Mattnxtc (small blind) showed [Js Ac] and lost with Ace Queen highSeat 3: macby (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 4: PapiAndNana showed [Kd Td] and won ($9.05) with a pair of TensSeat 5: Pimpam didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: 6thTennessee didn't bet (folded)
I think if you intend to c/r almost any flop and then lead strong on turn/river, you need to cap it pre-flop
4th in the $24 32k on FullTilt tonight for a nice $3.2k. Cant complain since I was shortstacked the entire last 3 tables

I'm done with September. I made a nice little come back from a downswing and I'm just going to ride that momentum into October. Will post results tomorrow but I'm proud to say that I'm happy with my performance.

Downswings are good. They keep us in line. They remind us that we can go busto anytime. They force us to re - study our game , try to find our leaks , fix them , get better. The way we handle and react to the downswing determines if we are gonna be a decent poker player forever or be a good player sometime soon.

Good riddance September you can kiss my ass. Started out @100nl by dusting off NINE buyins in my first 1200 hands.....had to grind my nuts off the rest of the month just to eek out a profit. Made about $700 all total including rakeback and dabbling in some pot limit omaha. Here's the overall hu graph for sept.overallhp1.jpgand since day1 of hu training with tremomey - i'll take >8ptbb/100 over 30k hands any day when you factor in losing $900 in 3 days...lolsd1ky1.jpg

Well, deducting my cash game losses, I finished the month +66K. That was still on a 50/50 split, but I'm leaving most of my winnings online so I'll have 75% of my action starting in October, and hopefully all of it in the not too distant future.

September was ok.I rocketed up to +$1,000 and then hovered around after that. I did not even make 1/2 my 10,000 hand goal (4059 hands in September in the end). Graph-PG-September2008.jpgIn the end, I made $840 in 4050 hands, all at NL($1) HU on Tilt.My main obstruction to having better results was a very busy month which kept me away from the poker tables (I missed ~2 weeks completely, and was very busy during the remaining 2 weeks).October promises to be another busy month, but at least I should be able to play poker every week. I will post my October goals in the appropriate thread.