• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and another move to the center from BHO. He would delay the sunset of the Bush tax cuts (as if he can do that without Congress' cooperation) if we were in a recession. In another 2 or 3 years he might actually develop a coherent tax/spending policy, but as Shrillary and Joey said, this is no time for on the job training.

Was it my dad's fault?
:club::ts:D:D:4h:5c:D:3h:D:qh:qh
This is a serious question. These two comments, they mean basically you both think its a dog eat dog world, as in you will look after yourself and the under priveleged etc isn't your problem? This is what it would appear to be, but just double checking.
This is a serious question. These two comments, they mean basically you both think its a dog eat dog world, as in you will look after yourself and the under priveleged etc isn't your problem? This is what it would appear to be, but just double checking.
I asked a legitimate questionftrI've stated that I'm alright with forced redistribution for those who cannot help themselves - to maintain a basic existence.Defining "basic" and "who can help themselves" and "who is responsible for children of those who can help themselves", seems to be the area of contention
Another liberal "feel good" word. Underprivileged. As if its society's responsibiity when someone doesnt take advantage of the "privileges" that all able-bodied enjoy.
Some of us have other work to do besides working on a reasonable and thoughtful reply to a bunch of bs. I agree but I kept digging for the truth for ya anyway.Okay from these definitions I'd put being a part of the leadership of any organization that exists to serve a portion of the community would broadly be a community organizer. It's a matter of definition and I chose to be as broad as possible a definition while you all seem to want to have as narrow a definition as possible.I'm okay with that as long as we keep the same brush stroke ALL the time. Pick a brush. With that said, let's address whether Jesus fits that criteria. He organized 12 apostles and sent them out to communities to organize churches within those communities. Sometimes those apostles were met with opposition by the local governments and religious organizations so you could say that they were in peaceful opposition to those governments and organizations. So I guess you could say that He organized the community organizers. He also sent the Samaritan woman back to her village to teach and organize a church there. He organized the feeding of the multitudes twice and provided them with bread and fish. And His organization exists today in churches across the world. So I'd say that he fits the community organizer label pretty well. Brave did a really good job of correcting these mistakes. His teachings caused many to organize but He didn't do the organizing.And for those who forgive Pontius Pilate because he was just "weak" miss the point that he was just like so many politicians today. Willing to listen to the lobbyists and polls to make his decisions whether they were right or not. I prefer to look at Pilate as Jesus did in some of His last words....."Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." If you intend to follow the teachings of Jesus, then follow them all, not just the one's that fit your needs.Now if you all want to continue to debate this particular subject, have at it but this is my final word on the subject. If it means not looking at that rediculous sig, then we have accomplished our mission. Farewell!!!
When it comes to how the election works what bothers me most is the unreliability of vote collecting and counting. It is by far the biggest issue in our electoral process that needs to be solved before everything else. The popular vote has only differed from the electoral college I think 3 times in history. Switching to a popular vote system before we can accurately count the votes in individual locales would be a mistake imo.
Agree!!!!
Now that you've clearly shown that you have no idea what you're talking about it's no longer going to be fun making fun of your sig. I don't like clubbing baby seals.Jesus didn't organize churches at all, the disciples, Paul and various other people did. (and if by 'opposition' you mean murder, then yes they faced opposition)Please provide a Biblical reference to Jesus organizing a church... because you won't find it with the woman at the well. I have no idea how you even know about that story, since you clearly no nothing about it.Please note that there is nothing about community building or church building or anything even close. Jesus simply changes her heart and she shares it with others in town. There is absolutely no mention of church or starting a church.What in the world does him providing fish and bread to a crowd have to do with anything? He wasn't organizing anything other than lunch.... and they weren't poor people. It was a group of 5,000 and later 3,000 just listening to him speak and he fed them.Churches exist today, yes, but Jesus wasn't involved in their creation. Paul was the main church planter in history. Jesus didn't plant any churches at all. So I would advise changing your signature to "Paul was a community organizer -- -blah blah blah", that way it will just be stupid... instead of a lie."This is my last word on the subject" --- classic line when you have no idea what you're talking about and don't want to back up things you say with actual facts.
Good grief sir, what Bible have you been reading? What IS your definition of church? For me it's a group of believers coming together to worship. And I guess if you don't think that Jesus is the foundation of your church then maybe you'd better find a different one.Just because the word "church" wasn't used there didn't mean that a church wasn't started. What do you think that group of believers did after they met Jesus? And by the way, that's really the ONLY thing Jesus gave us to do was go into the world and spread the Good News. This is one reason that I have a real problem with organized religion as it exists today especially here in America. It's lost it's way in politics and just about every other area EXCEPT spreading the Good News. Many don't even know what the Good News IS anymore. And now I really am going to quit talking about it because the mods will end up sending it to the religion forum.
Another liberal "feel good" word. Underprivileged. As if its society's responsibiity when someone doesnt take advantage of the "privileges" that all able-bodied enjoy.
OMG!!!! What an eyeopener! I had never disected the word like that.
and another move to the center from BHO. He would delay the sunset of the Bush tax cuts (as if he can do that without Congress' cooperation) if we were in a recession. In another 2 or 3 years he might actually develop a coherent tax/spending policy, but as Shrillary and Joey said, this is no time for on the job training.
you see this as bad.....I see it as him recognizing the truth that until he gets into the presidency and sees the whole picture he cant rule anything out (without being an idiot.)it is no different than Bush Sr. saying no new taxes......then getting into the White House and realizing "shit, we need some new taxes". He is actively trying to make people understand that politics is both complex and fluid and that all decisions are dependent on the conditions at the time.It is no different than a poker player answering a strategy question with "It depends". It's a realistic answer. You think he needs on the job training and I think he is demonstrating how much he already understands about what his responsibilities will be.
you see this as bad.....I see it as him recognizing the truth that until he gets into the presidency and sees the whole picture he cant rule anything out (without being an idiot.)it is no different than Bush Sr. saying no new taxes......then getting into the White House and realizing "shit, we need some new taxes". He is actively trying to make people understand that politics is both complex and fluid and that all decisions are dependent on the conditions at the time.It is no different than a poker player answering a strategy question with "It depends". It's a realistic answer. You think he needs on the job training and I think he is demonstrating how much he already understands about what his responsibilities will be.
Yes, I see it as bad. Its another in a long litany of deceptions, trying to win at any cost. Like his tax cut for 95% of Americans, without mentioning that isnt sufficient to pay for his health care plans. Someone said the true cost of his tax plan is "in the fine print". Get out your magnifying glasses before you believe anything he says.
Now if you all want to continue to debate this particular subject, have at it but this is my final word on the subject.
LIAR!!
Good grief sir, what Bible have you been reading? What IS your definition of church? For me it's a group of believers coming together to worship. And I guess if you don't think that Jesus is the foundation of your church then maybe you'd better find a different one.Just because the word "church" wasn't used there didn't mean that a church wasn't started. What do you think that group of believers did after they met Jesus? And by the way, that's really the ONLY thing Jesus gave us to do was go into the world and spread the Good News. This is one reason that I have a real problem with organized religion as it exists today especially here in America. It's lost it's way in politics and just about every other area EXCEPT spreading the Good News. Many don't even know what the Good News IS anymore. And now I really am going to quit talking about it because the mods will end up sending it to the religion forum.
1) the Bible I'm reading is the Holy Bible. I guess you missed the direct quotes.2) I hate organized religion of all kinds and types. That's my whole point. Jesus didn't start a religion. People did.3) LOL... (I just had to laugh sorry) People didn't 'go to church' or start churches when Jesus was on Earth. That is something that would only be necessary if Jesus wasn't around. Don't you see why? I just assumed that that was painfully obvious.4) What do you think the good news is? *cringing*
LIAR!!yep one of my many faults is I just can't resist a debate.1) the Bible I'm reading is the Holy Bible. I guess you missed the direct quotes.Okay so what do you think Jesus was doing with the apostles and believers after his resurrection when He was hanging around for hmm seems to me 40 days or so? Regardless, we're not going to agree on this. To me Christ's church is the body of believers everywhere, not a particular religion or building. 2) I hate organized religion of all kinds and types. That's my whole point. Jesus didn't start a religion. People did.Exactly. 3) LOL... (I just had to laugh sorry) People didn't 'go to church' or start churches when Jesus was on Earth. That is something that would only be necessary if Jesus wasn't around. Don't you see why? I just assumed that that was painfully obvious.Refer to 1. Again do you not think something was going on during those 40 days or so?4) What do you think the good news is? *cringing*Don't cringe dear. The good news is that Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected on the 3rd day and by believing in Him and accepting his sacrifice on the cross for those sins we are saved.

"Okay so what do you think Jesus was doing with the apostles and believers after his resurrection when He was hanging around for hmm seems to me 40 days or so? Regardless, we're not going to agree on this. To me Christ's church is the body of believers everywhere, not a particular religion or building."WAT!?!? Not a particular religion!?!? What do you mean by that?"Again do you not think something was going on during those 40 days or so?"I would prefer to not assume something that isn't in the Bible. You are free to do so. (that would be a terrible idea)"The good news is that Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected on the 3rd day and by believing in Him and accepting his sacrifice on the cross for those sins we are saved."What happens to people that don't believe in Jesus? Like really nice atheists like Copernicus or Checky?

"Okay so what do you think Jesus was doing with the apostles and believers after his resurrection when He was hanging around for hmm seems to me 40 days or so? Regardless, we're not going to agree on this. To me Christ's church is the body of believers everywhere, not a particular religion or building."WAT!?!? Not a particular religion!?!? What do you mean by that?Fine sorry again, NOT A PARTICULAR CHRISTIAN SECT. That make you feel better. "Again do you not think something was going on during those 40 days or so?"I would prefer to not assume something that isn't in the Bible. You are free to do so. (that would be a terrible idea)Still by his choosing and teaching the apostles and sending them out into the world, He was a community organizer in the greatest sense of the phrase. His community is the WHOLE WORLD. And I thank Him every day to be a part of it. "The good news is that Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected on the 3rd day and by believing in Him and accepting his sacrifice on the cross for those sins we are saved."What happens to people that don't believe in Jesus? Like really nice atheists like Copernicus or Checky?You want me to go there? "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light. No one comes to the Father but by Me. I don't have chapter and verse in front of me but I know the passage very very well. Which means that nice though they might be (debateable but we'll give them that,lol), they will not go to Heaven unless they accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. However, it is THEIR CHOICE ALONE not mine or yours.
"Okay so what do you think Jesus was doing with the apostles and believers after his resurrection when He was hanging around for hmm seems to me 40 days or so? Regardless, we're not going to agree on this. To me Christ's church is the body of believers everywhere, not a particular religion or building."WAT!?!? Not a particular religion!?!? What do you mean by that?Fine sorry again, NOT A PARTICULAR CHRISTIAN SECT. That make you feel better. "Again do you not think something was going on during those 40 days or so?"I would prefer to not assume something that isn't in the Bible. You are free to do so. (that would be a terrible idea)Still by his choosing and teaching the apostles and sending them out into the world, He was a community organizer in the greatest sense of the phrase. His community is the WHOLE WORLD. And I thank Him every day to be a part of it. "The good news is that Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected on the 3rd day and by believing in Him and accepting his sacrifice on the cross for those sins we are saved."What happens to people that don't believe in Jesus? Like really nice atheists like Copernicus or Checky?You want me to go there? "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light. No one comes to the Father but by Me. I don't have chapter and verse in front of me but I know the passage very very well. Which means that nice though they might be (debateable but we'll give them that,lol), they will not go to Heaven unless they accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. However, it is THEIR CHOICE ALONE not mine or yours.
It's John 14:6
It's John 14:6
Thanks, I thought it was John but kept getting John 3:16 in my head and I knew that wasn't right. And don't have my Bible with me at the moment to look it up.
So I'll take that as a yes. lol at everything else.

Sadly there may be enough Americans insane for McCain that he might get elected. I really thought this time we wouldn't go back to proving the old adage about insanity. That insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different outcome.

Sadly there may be enough Americans insane for McCain that he might get elected. I really thought this time we wouldn't go back to proving the old adage about insanity. That insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different outcome.
wow... you don't pay attention... at all. Also FYI, Jesus wasn't a community organizer.... fwiw.