Sure, but its a relative decision we're always making... if you want something more like what we got, you're gonna vote for mccain, like you said yourself. I'm just saying if changing things up is really important to you, the guy from the other party is likely to be more of a change.
more of a change doesnt mean the other is "more of the same" when specific policies differ within the same general philosophies though. I know you dont make that claim, but I want to hear from someone who does, especially Nimue since she brought it up.
  • Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama obv, which is why he'll be such a disaster.No response to my question? It was in response to her statement, but feel free to opine.
This is totally oxymoronic! How could changing direction from what has been one of the most unsuccessful governments in US history, result in disaster? America is already a disaster, if elected Obama will have to pick up the proverbial pieces and salvage whats left of the wreckage.I fail to see how he could be worse.
This is totally oxymoronic! How could changing direction from what has been one of the most unsuccessful governments in US history, result in disaster? America is already a disaster, if elected Obama will have to pick up the proverbial pieces and salvage whats left of the wreckage.I fail to see how he could be worse.
have you even ever been here?
Because you have no clue what a successful government is. GWB will be proven by history to be the right man for the time.
The level of stupidity here is shocking.
I can only assume that your life is better than it was eight years ago or you wouldn't be advocating more of the same. The ones that really get me are the ones that are complaining about Bush, complaining about the economy, complaining about Iraq and are still voting Republican. Now THAT'S friggin' insane.
Of course it is but I don't give credit to any political party. Bankroll management FTW!!!!
more of a change doesnt mean the other is "more of the same" when specific policies differ within the same general philosophies though. I know you dont make that claim, but I want to hear from someone who does, especially Nimue since she brought it up.
As in how? What specific policies does McCain have that differ substantially from Bush's policies for the last 8 years?
As in how? What specific policies does McCain have that differ substantially from Bush's policies for the last 8 years?
Answer my question first. And if you cant answer this question already then you were just spouting the party line when you claimed it would be more of the same. There are many crucial differences between the two, but Im not going to waste my time posting them if you say that he isnt different enough unless he voted against the party line 90% of the time or some ridiculous number like that.
I can only assume that your life is better than it was eight years ago or you wouldn't be advocating more of the same. The ones that really get me are the ones that are complaining about Bush, complaining about the economy, complaining about Iraq and are still voting Republican. Now THAT'S friggin' insane.
"Are you better off than you were 8 years ago" makes a nice campaign soundbite, but it begs the more important question, and of course the tougher one to answer:Would you be better off now if the "other guy" was elected 4 or 8 years ago?I have absolutely no doubt that the answer to that is no in both Gore and Kerry's case.
Because you have no clue what a successful government is. GWB will be proven by history to be the right man for the time.
Tax policy and foregn Policy and National Security, I agree, generally.not so much with Farm, Education, and Medicare (although I'm admitingly ignorant of the details)
this is a major, major blunder for the mccain campaign, now reaching astonishing levels of incompetence. mccain is old as hell and not the picture of health. if elected he could easily kick it while in office leaving palin president. people in this country are simply not going to be comfortable with that thought.gift to the obama campaign.
I purposefully didn't come anywhere near this site because I wanted to give myself some time to get over my initial excitement over the pick, and see what happened in the coming weeks. I wonder if you still have this same opinion?
this is a major, major blunder for the mccain campaign, now reaching astonishing levels of incompetence. mccain is old as hell and not the picture of health. if elected he could easily kick it while in office leaving palin president. people in this country are simply not going to be comfortable with that thought.gift to the obama campaign.
Please apply as soon as possible for a campaign manager career within the Obama campaign and the 2008 Democrat Congressional campaign. I will be more than happy to give you a solid recommendation. I look forward to seeing you on CNN pumping up this Democrat Chairman today who said and I quote ... "The only reason Sarah Palin got selected is because she didn't have an abortion"Keep up the great work -- I am recommending that all poker players ( less me) go out and campaign for Obama tomorrow -- Hurry Please.
even Rupert Murdoch and several GOP leaders acknowledged that they will grow. The Dems won three special elections in districts that almost always go to Republicans. You may be right about the GOP making a comeback when they get back to their roots or whatever but trying to pretend that the Dems wont increase their congressional leads is just deluding yourself.
OPPS could it be?http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6c2f69ce-8031-11...0077b07658.htmlhttp://www.gallup.com/poll/110263/Battle-C...ompetitive.aspx
the 2nd article makes the key point that this phenomenon is way too short lived to hold any real predictive power. If McCain is still leading Obama after the debates, then yeah maybe the GOP will hold the line in Congressional elections. I dont think they will be adding seats....but I guess I cant say that with 100% certainty anymore.
the 2nd article makes the key point that this phenomenon is way too short lived to hold any real predictive power. If McCain is still leading Obama after the debates, then yeah maybe the GOP will hold the line in Congressional elections. I dont think they will be adding seats....but I guess I cant say that with 100% certainty anymore.
Five months ago it was legitimately going to be a Democratic Slam, not so sure anymore. Over a month and a half left, a lot of time.
Five months ago it was legitimately going to be a Democratic Slam, not so sure anymore. Over a month and a half left, a lot of time.
yeah thats the thing. Sorry to use a sports metaphor, but this election seems a lot like a basketball game. Obama was up the whole way and McCain/Palin just scratched and clawed back into the game with a huge run. Have they shot their wad? Or will they keep steadily putting more distance between themselves and Obama/Biden (which would probably have a massive effect on the congressional races).I have been betting all along that Obama would surge ahead after the debates and win by a nose. That scenario seems like one of the two likely ones.I did watch Bill Maher's show....it is clear liberals just dont get some things. Salman Rushdie and Jeanine "annoying" Garofalo both said they expect big Obama wins. Thats just silly. If anyone wins this election big it will be McCain. I still like Barack by a nose though. All he has to do is run an endless loop of commercials with Bush and McCain hugging and McCain saying "I voted with George Bush 90% of the time". Forget Palin exists. I thought it was a dumb selection at first but it was clearly 4th level political thinking that shot over my head. The pick was genius and the best way to defuse it is to re-focus on McCain. They just are not going to get anywhere attacking a mom of 5 who has captured the imagination of the conservatives (and some centrist women surely) in this country.

I found this interesting......40% of the time Obama voted with Bush. But note, McCain bucked his party 19% of the time (nine senators bucked their party more) while Obama bucked his party 4% of the time. That is, McCain was more than four times more likely to stand up to his party (and their political pressure) than Obama. It may be that Obama simply agreed with his party leaders more, which suggests he is ideologically farther from the other side of the aisle, and thus, may have a harder time bringing them together.Also note that this survey only counted "yes" or "no" votes (as opposed to "present" or "no vote"). Obama didn't vote 228 of the 568 times (40.1%) he could have voted for during his total time in the senate.

I found this interesting......40% of the time Obama voted with Bush. But note, McCain bucked his party 19% of the time (nine senators bucked their party more) while Obama bucked his party 4% of the time. That is, McCain was more than four times more likely to stand up to his party (and their political pressure) than Obama. It may be that Obama simply agreed with his party leaders more, which suggests he is ideologically farther from the other side of the aisle, and thus, may have a harder time bringing them together.Also note that this survey only counted "yes" or "no" votes (as opposed to "present" or "no vote"). Obama didn't vote 228 of the 568 times (40.1%) he could have voted for during his total time in the senate.
Well, since no one would bite on the 90% talking point, the problem with all of these numbers (except for your 4x as often, which is still acurate) is that about 60% of all votes are routine/procedural and unanimous. If you divide McCains 10% difference (as used by the BHO campaign) he actually differed from the GOP line on 25% of substantive votes orif your 19% is right (and not adjusted for substantive vs routine votes) then McCain differed nearly 50% of the time...that one doesnt smell right though, so the 19% is prolly already adjuste.d.
When did he say that?
I honestly have no idea but the Obama camp clearly found a clip of it. He goes on to say that that percentage was higher than some of his Republican colleagues. I am assuming it came from when he was in the GOP primary obv. It is in a new Obama commercial they have been playing in Miami non stop. If I can find it on the internets I will post it.edit: here you go----
they should just play that on an endless loop if they want to win.
I honestly have no idea but the Obama camp clearly found a clip of it. He goes on to say that that percentage was higher than some of his Republican colleagues. I am assuming it came from when he was in the GOP primary obv. It is in a new Obama commercial they have been playing in Miami non stop. If I can find it on the internets I will post it.edit: here you go----
they should just play that on an endless loop if they want to win.
uggh...that is a bad one...not enough to win, obv, but could do some damage.