• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he can. It is NOT nearly as big a leap as Obama is making. It loses talking point value, I agree, but the comparison doesnt hold in reality.The P is obviously much more important then the VP, but as bleary as the lines have been for some people regarding the position over the last 8 years, I still have my doubts. There are the duties as set for by the constitution and then there is what actually happens in the executive branch or white house administration (w/e anyone wants to call it). I still hold the opinion that both leaps by Obama and Balin are huge and both sides are being hypocritical with their statements against their opponents due to their VP choices.Yes...she already knows parliamentary procedure and the rest of the job is to carry the Presidents mesaage.ok.. yeah, I can agree that she could probably handle the VP duties. Of course, then you have the dems to answer to with their "Palin is one heartbeat away from being P because of McCain's health & age status"She will fire those bullets as well or better than Biden.And the democrat thinks she will crumble under Biden. Meh. And in reality at the end, both sides will argue that their VP candidate did a better job.What she doesnt bring is a counter to one of McCains few speaking blunders...his comment that he is not an economic expert. Romney was the perfect answer to that.But Romney was the perfect answer to that for who? That's one of the main points that most people forget. The average person doesn't understand the economy with much or any detail. Romney might definitely have better economic solutions, but no one would understand that any better then the basic "lower taxes" platform anyway. McCain is counting on his base to be behind him and Palin helps seal that deal, plus more. And regarding the poll, we both know how we feel about those :club: A good % of Americans still think the Earth is less then 10,000 years old. Quantity of personal belief =/= truth. Doesn't mean that Palin really is ready for POTUS because a surprising amount of people think she is. Realistically (and it's obviously just my opinion), she's extremely inexperienced and has a high probability of tanking as POTUS.I like this discussion, copernicus. Very very good points. I still am not convinced that I have much to be hopeful for in a McCain presidency. And overall, we're all looking for some sort of a ray of hope regarding the future of this country. Obama / McCain doesn't seem to be playing out.

LOOOOOOOOOL @ the baby issue. It sounds pretty convincing actually.Makes you wonder why that daughter was holding the baby during the introduction instead of maybe the father.
gotta love it when those family values douchetards get exposed as gay, sex-crazed, liars, or some other form of the satan they're so afraid of. :)flyingdonkey's link is a whole lot better than mine, fwiw.
lol.nice try. Too bad this is BS, funni to see you guys get all worked up over it though. :club:
like the supposed pick showing the girls baby bump was taken in 2006.
lol.nice try. Too bad this is BS, funni to see you guys get all worked up over it though. :club:
read flyingdonkey's link. she's either a pretty terrible mother or lied (admirably, imo, but it won't fly in public) about her pregnancy. airlines won't even allow people to fly after their water breaks.

Actually, what really happened was that Bill Clinton impregnated her daughter and then had about 30 people murdered who knew about it. Heard it here first, folks.

I just remembered that they knew the baby was going to have Downs in the 4th month of the pregnancy. That is not consistent with the rumor.Plus its more likely that a Downs baby would be born to a woman in her 40s than one in her teens.

Apparently noone reads my posts.
No, I mean...I know that there are a few people in here that were happy with the pick. It just overwhelmingly seemed like "WTF LOL GG McCain" by a lot of the Obama supporters early on. I've found your posts thoughtful, Guapo.
I just remembered that they knew the baby was going to have Downs in the 4th month of the pregnancy. That is not consistent with the rumor.Plus its more likely that a Downs baby would be born to a woman in her 40s than one in her teens.
That's kind of a big point to the rumor if she knew she was pregnant with a Downs baby it makes her actions on the day of birth even more negligent. While it is more likely that a downs baby would be born to a women in her 40's it's far from impossible that a teen would have one.There is a photo floating around online of Palin when she was pregnant with her 7yr old compared to pregnant with the youngest and the difference in her size is incredible. (Mind you, you have take any photo on line with a grain of salt)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Es5aIJl1g
No, I mean...I know that there are a few people in here that were happy with the pick. It just overwhelmingly seemed like "WTF LOL GG McCain" by a lot of the Obama supporters early on. I've found your posts thoughtful, Guapo.
Maybe her dad is the father. Would that help contribute to it?
read flyingdonkey's link. she's either a pretty terrible mother or lied (admirably, imo, but it won't fly in public) about her pregnancy. airlines won't even allow people to fly after their water breaks.
First off, the airline probably didn't strip search her and would have no idea if her water had broke or not so that part doesn't mean a thing. Palin said that she had leaked a small amount of fluid. Most women can tell you that when your water breaks, it is no where near considered a "leak"....more like Niagra Falls. Second, what about any of this (assuming that any part of it is true) makes her a bad mother or a liar? Women over 40 have a much higher chance of having a Down's baby than younger women and being pregnant at 40 is most likely the reason they did an amnio in the first place.........looking for Down's.And I dare any one of you, or any doctor for that matter, to swear on a Bible that they KNOW more about Palin's physical condition than Palin herself. After already having four children, I'm reasonably sure she had a pretty good idea just how long her labor would last based on past pregnancies and deliveries. And if anything in the article is true, it was said that her "labor pains" were an hour apart.......plenty of time to choose which hospital you'd like to get to.

If she concocted this elaborate cover up to save her daughters reputation 4 months ago, why all of a sudden, do you think she would accept a spot on a national ticket knowing that democrat attack dogs would be looking into every aspect of her families life. Nobody in their right mind would put their family through that agony that would surely happen if it was true.

If she concocted this elaborate cover up to save her daughters reputation 4 months ago, why all of a sudden, do you think she would accept a spot on a national ticket knowing that democrat attack dogs would be looking into every aspect of her families life. Nobody in their right mind would put their family through that agony that would surely happen if it was true.
If true I highly doubt saving her daughters reputation would be the motive. Apparently this rumor had been in circulation in Alaska since she announced her pregnancy around the seven month mark, and during the "vetting" process the McCain camp hadn't even called the local newspaper regarding her, which is something that the Obama camp did as soon as finding out she was the Vp. It makes you wonder if the McCain camp was even aware of the trooper incident as well.Why would John Edwards run for POTUS knowing that he had an affair and rumors were starting to circulate?

Seems like an awfully long labor for a woman that's already had 4 kids. Usually when a woman's had that many the doctors like to have them get to the hospital pretty early in labor because the babies come quicker with each ensuing pregnancy. I knew a woman who had 4 kids and on her 5th started to the hospital as soon as labor started and was very lucky not to have the baby by the side of the road. And regardless of who you are, a 44 year old woman having a downs baby is a HIGH RISK pregnancy.

Second, what about any of this (assuming that any part of it is true) makes her a bad mother or a liar? Women over 40 have a much higher chance of having a Down's baby than younger women and being pregnant at 40 is most likely the reason they did an amnio in the first place.........looking for Down's.
3% instead of 1%...yes, a 200% increase, but far from likely to happen.All women over 40 have amnios...only reason they do not is because they refuse it. Although this is incredibly entertaining fodder, I give it about a 1% chance this story is true. There is simply no way she would be that egotistical to think she could get away with something like this. John Edwards on the other hand....
but the clinton/lewinsky thing was straight up politics. riiiiiiight. LOL@hypocrisy.
correct me if im wrong, but i dont think copernicus brought that up in here. i dont think its fair to lump a controversy that happened over 8 years ago on one poster simply because of party affiliation.