400nl Flopped Middle Set, Raised On Turn

400NL Holdem Partypoker 5 playersHero is UTG and just showed a turn raise bluff with 66 on 5 8 4 9 board for $150 so my image is questionable. Villian has stats of 38.7/2.5/1.5 and is fishy for these stakes.Hero $558.59Villian $403.23SB $334.50Hero holds 10 :club: 10 :D Hero raises to $12, villian calls $12, button folds, SB calls 410, BB folds.Flop Q :ts 10 :D 7 :4h Hero bets $25, villian calls $25, SB foldsTurn 8 :5c Hero bets $71, villian raises to $146, hero?????

Heh, can't hurt to offer input.*That raise is way too small for me to feel confident. It's basically a minraise, which, on the turn, is great strength in my experience.I flat for pot control, and look for a board-pairing river before I get it all-in.* I'm a massive nit.

Heh, can't hurt to offer input.*That raise is way too small for me to feel confident. It's basically a minraise, which, on the turn, is great strength in my experience.I flat for pot control, and look for a board-pairing river before I get it all-in.* I'm a massive nit.
Surely you can't be putting villain's range squarely on J9, can you? Because if you really do consider it massive strength, then he could be doing it with 77, 88, 78, QT, Q8, Q7, and even a combo draw.And I don't know about 400NL, but at 100 and 200NL, a min raise is almost never indicative of massive strength.In any case, i'm shoving on villain here all day every day.

Turn min raises are massive strength but yeah you can't just call it j9, especially if your image is a little spewy. q10 can show up here, a loony qj/qk, or 77/88. There's too much out there you beat. Take advantage of your lag image and get it in.

YOu can't flat. There's no playing for pot control. On a board where we have the best hand a vast majority of the time and there are any number of combo draws he could be pushing as well as worse mad hands, you have no choice but to shove. It sucks if he's got J9 or 69, but you have outs even if he does.
Surely you can't be putting villain's range squarely on J9, can you? Because if you really do consider it massive strength, then he could be doing it with 77, 88, 78, QT, Q8, Q7, and even a combo draw.And I don't know about 400NL, but at 100 and 200NL, a min raise is almost never indicative of massive strength.In any case, i'm shoving on villain here all day every day.
What? Completely disagree. This however is shove all day and twice on sunday. QQ is the only logical thing that beats ya

this is how it went down, I pushed fully confident that this guy probably would not call an UTG raise with J9 and that he probably was holding Q 10 or 77 maybe even 88 if he's really bad, however he snapped called and flipped QQ.tough to put him on that hand with a smooth call but thats the third set over set since I moved up to 400NL and it's likely I'll be moving back down soon if my downswing continues.Out of interest, how much do regular 200NL players make in a month over 5000 or so hands???

I think 4ptBB/100 hands is close to the maximum sustainable winrate at $200NL if you're not practicing really nitty game selection. Over 5000 hands i'm not sure what that'd equate to, but 5k hands really isn't that much at all to play in a month. RDog plays $200NL (and sells hoodies) for a living and he gets in over 50k hands a month.

this is how it went down, I pushed fully confident that this guy probably would not call an UTG raise with J9 and that he probably was holding Q 10 or 77 maybe even 88 if he's really bad, however he snapped called and flipped QQ.tough to put him on that hand with a smooth call but thats the third set over set since I moved up to 400NL and it's likely I'll be moving back down soon if my downswing continues.Out of interest, how much do regular 200NL players make in a month over 5000 or so hands???
It's been fun watching you move from 5 cent ten cent games to $400 NL in about .... three weeks. I don't play this any different. The only difference is usually I get them to shove an overpair on my set and they spike a two outer on the river instead of just having simply floopped set over set.
It's been fun watching you move from 5 cent ten cent games to $400 NL in about .... three weeks. I don't play this any different. The only difference is usually I get them to shove an overpair on my set and they spike a two outer on the river instead of just having simply floopped set over set.
Three weeks...lol, I wish, its been about one year from $0.10-0.25 to $2-4NL. To be honest I have been taking a shot at 400NL and running below expectation in terms of results...meh whatever. The standard at 400NL does have trickier players for sure but on Party you still get lots of huge donks with stats like 60/11/1.2, I'm sure it 's a whole different story on fulltit.
Three weeks...lol, I wish, its been about one year from $0.10-0.25 to $2-4NL. To be honest I have been taking a shot at 400NL and running below expectation in terms of results...meh whatever. The standard at 400NL does have trickier players for sure but on Party you still get lots of huge donks with stats like 60/11/1.2, I'm sure it 's a whole different story on fulltit.
I regulary play on $25NL tables at Full Tilt where everyone sitting has a VPIP of less than 20
I regulary play on $25NL tables at Full Tilt where everyone sitting has a VPIP of less than 20
You're sitting at the wrong tables then, select better - you don't have to do that @25nl, nor should you