Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownButton ($49.65)SB ($48.30)BB ($13.90)UTG ($23.75)Hero (MP) ($25.35)CO ($31.45)Preflop: Hero is MP with 10club.gif, 10spade.gif1 fold, Hero raises to $1.00, CO calls $1.00, 1 fold, SB calls $0.90, 1 foldFlop: ($3.25) 10diamond.gif, 10heart.gif, 2spade.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero ???Okay, this is like my third hand at the table so no reads, which I realise is a big dent on our ability to maximise value in the hand.Now I'm not a fan of passing a c-betting opportunity when hitting the flop hard, but is this case differerent? I mean, that's about a dry a flop as we're going to get. As default/ without reads (I understand this is very read dependent) should we still be c-betting in these spots and just hope they hold something they'll stay around with, or will simply not believe us to hit this flop (now this is read dependent, I know). I don't know. I mean, obvioulsy we want to be getting more money in the pot, and if this checks around, we're pretty much not playing for stacks unless we cooler someone, or they get out of line? So do we check and hope they hit the turn, or what?I realise this is a pretty specific scenario, but I'm sure it will contribute to people's logics on not c-betting when they hit in general, even if the hand in question is a rare occurence.Thanks a lot :club:

Against observant opponents I bet this out because they'll give me action from a variety of hands. But against a group of unknowns I'm checking to observe the action and help evolve the board a bit. Who knows, someone might spike a two "outer." Problem is that virtually every action you do will signal alarm bells: check/raising says you have a ten (and, as you know, they cannot have trips), betting and then calling or raising says you have a ten; check/calling and then, on the turn, check/raising is very strong; so, really, you're only stacking someone who seriously overplays a marginal hand or who gets supercoolered.

I'd usually bet around 1/3 pot. That bet tempts them to float or call for value with any pocket pair, and it gives the blind a chance to check/raise if he wants to.

This is a good board to cbet on, so cbet I guess. Hopefully villain will realize this and float/raise with overs. If you would cbet w/ AK here, then we kinda should when we to do it hit. But this is super dry. Make the board come down JTT next time :club:.I generally find that we have to do the betting for ourselves in situations like this. I mean if we are going to stack him we're prob going to cooler him anyway. Say he re-pops us on the flop w/ AJ and we call and the turn is A or J. We have a good chance of getting his money, but if the flop had gone check check it's going to be more difficult to build the pot.Also fast playing quads is cool, and really tilts people who stack off w/ their one pair.

You'd bet this board if you had any pair or AK/AQ, right? As most paired boards will miss everyone.A continuation on this flop is an ideal situation for you to start building a pot, as people will tend you call with any pair, or hoping to spike their overs.You also give a good player the opportunity to raise you, as it's a good spot for them to do so.In short, bet. Bet like you would had you missed.

the fact that you just sat at the table gives you a nice advantage in this hand.. I would bet very small and invite them to call.. nobody will know its not you're usual cbet they will just think your a donk.. then if they hit one of their overcards you can get some value.. This is a similar hand i played not too long ago.. Bet the min and hope someone raises :)PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 ($2.93)MP3 ($2.97)CO ($2.07)Button ($2.04)Hero (SB) ($4.85)BB ($3.00)UTG ($4.83)UTG+1 ($4.00)MP1 ($0.52)Preflop: Hero is SB with J :ts, J :5c7 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BB raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.26, BB calls $0.16Flop: ($0.52) J :club:, J :D, 2 :D(2 players)Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10Turn: ($0.72) 4 :4h(2 players)Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10River: ($0.92) A :D(2 players)Hero bets $4.39 (All-In), BB calls $2.54 (All-In)Total pot: $6.00 | Rake: $0.30

I dunno, I feel like everybody's a bit gung ho about betting this when it seems to me to be a classic it depends scenario. This strikes me as about the most villain dependent thing you can come across. At 50NL, you've definitely got some unobservant, excessively aggressive opponents who will hang themselves if you show weakness and they've got a pair or an ace. I think if you've been c-betting everything, you have to c-bet this, unless you've got a really bad villain who will read any check as weakness. If not, if villain tends to get tricky, c-bet. Otherwise, I think there's a lot to be said for checking this (maybe twice) and trying to get one bet where if you bet it you won't get anything.

On dryer flops I usually bet 1/2-2/3 pot and on more coordinated boards 3/4-1/1 pot. I do this with a hand or without a hand and on dry flops that we hit hard that makes it really cheap for them to call with hands like ace high/under pairs. When I don't have a hand it gives me a cheaper price to steal the pot.I think you should bet 1/2 pot.

the fact that you just sat at the table gives you a nice advantage in this hand.. I would bet very small and invite them to call.. nobody will know its not you're usual cbet they will just think your a donk.. then if they hit one of their overcards you can get some value.. This is a similar hand i played not too long ago.. Bet the min and hope someone raises :)PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 ($2.93)MP3 ($2.97)CO ($2.07)Button ($2.04)Hero (SB) ($4.85)BB ($3.00)UTG ($4.83)UTG+1 ($4.00)MP1 ($0.52)Preflop: Hero is SB with J :3h, J :icon_clap:7 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BB raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.26, BB calls $0.16Flop: ($0.52) J :D, J :qh, 2 :D(2 players)Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10Turn: ($0.72) 4 :qh(2 players)Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10River: ($0.92) A :icon_clap:(2 players)Hero bets $4.39 (All-In), BB calls $2.54 (All-In)Total pot: $6.00 | Rake: $0.30
This hand makes me go "wat". :D:ts:D:4h:5c:club::D