Aba20, Sbrugby, Briantownsend, Caught Multiaccounting

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read both blogs, several months sounds false.Anyway, I'm not ok with him doing that.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?853407That's a HH of him playing in late February, and it was revealed to be him in April. I assume he started using the account in early February, but in any case it was at least 6 weeks that it was anonymous for. I'd say that's plenty time to be considered relevant.TBH all I want to know is, why is this time different? You say you're not ok with it, but that's besides the point. Take your personal ethical stance out of it, and tell me why it is a problem (why the community has jumped on it) this time but not last.

I didn't know about it last time, but yes your question is valid.There are definitely a lot of grey areas but I'm basing it on his own reaction, which he gave before the community could jump on him, and it was guilty as sin

http://www.pokerhand.org/?853407That's a HH of him playing in late February, and it was revealed to be him in April. I assume he started using the account in early February, but in any case it was at least 6 weeks that it was anonymous for. I'd say that's plenty time to be considered relevant.TBH all I want to know is, why is this time different? You say you're not ok with it, but that's besides the point. Take your personal ethical stance out of it, and tell me why it is a problem (why the community has jumped on it) this time but not last.
IMO the reality is everyone has jumped on it because at the time he cheated, he was a red pro and a lead pro at CardRunners. And ppl tend to jump on anything a CR pro does because they (epecially Taylor Caby) have a tendency to spew a whole lot of sanctimonious crap about how everything they do is for the good of poker and their members (see TC's CR blog about their decision to join up with Full Tilt, which is just an absolute absurdity).Now I am not a CR hater. They don't owe me anything. I have watched their videos and I would say that the site has probably made me a lot of money. But I think their collective approach can be annoying at times. The way the CR Forum on 4 is moderated by TC is pretty disgraceful. Further, the way they delete all of the ratings that are not a 9 or 10/10 is like something out of a George Orwell novel. They seem to me to be pretty hard-nosed businessmen. That's fine, but I think they should just cut the crap about how everything they do is in everyone's best interests. Would Stinger honestly have taken the view that he did if Ike was the multi-accounter? I seriously doubt it.I think people are more inclined to write off something PA or DB does as the activites of a crazy degen. Like "Oh what's that crazy kid gone and done now. Oh he's multi-accounted has he gee those Euros what will they think of next." I'm not saying that's right, but I think it's true. I think BT has made himself vulnerable to attack for activities such as multi-accounting by aligning himself with an instructional site that is run by some pretty self-righteous people. That self-righteousness is evident in his "apology". I'm not going to go into the semantics of it, but I work as a criminal lawyer and hear a lot of pleas in mitigation from defence solicitors aiming to minimise their clients' sentences. And if multi-accounting was illegal and BT was being sentenced in a court of law, I guarantee that the plea of mitigation in his CR blog would not do him any favours whatsoever.Lee Jones' role is interesting. According to BT he knew about the multi-accounting in June. In one of the 4 threads he addressed the question as to whether BT was multi-accounting. He wrote something like "All CR pros have been advised to abide by the TOC of the sites." He made the posts after June. So he didn't directly answer the question, but given his contemporaneous knowledge, his posts border on falsehoods by omission.
TBH all I want to know is, why is this time different? You say you're not ok with it, but that's besides the point. Take your personal ethical stance out of it, and tell me why it is a problem (why the community has jumped on it) this time but not last.
I think the biggest difference here is that he got outed by a thread in NVG. When people mention stuff like this in their blogs, people's reaction is generaly going to be 'Hm, that's odd, I thought you're not ment to multi-account, but hey if it was bad, why would he be stupid enough to post it in a blog?' whereas if it gets started in a thread, the whole thing escalates and becomes a big deal.

In one of the first CardRunners vids I watched (when he first started there) he clearly stated that he was using a different account (the ABA20 one) because people had been watching his CR vids and adapting to his style through them when he used sbrugby. Why wasn't everyone outraged back then? I don't see the issue here, he wasn't on more than one account at once, he wasn't on the same table, he wasn't in a tournament more than once.... I don't understand the big problem even though his own blog effectively says 'oh woe is me please forgive me'.

Must be nice .. i make funny names<acounts> and rail friends when deep in tourny;s and get perma banned for "multiple acounts"Big name pro cheats PLAYING with multiple acounts makes a few 100K and gets no ban only a 6 month pro status revoke..freakin communist !!

Must be nice .. i make funny names<acounts> and rail friends when deep in tourny;s and get perma banned for "multiple acounts"Big name pro cheats PLAYING with multiple acounts makes a few 100K and gets no ban only a 6 month pro status revoke..freakin communist !!
Of course, I do think multi-accounting is wrong... It's just quite entertaining now and then.
I see what you did there...

He will be a live guest on the Hardcore Poker Show next Wednesday at 8 PM (eastern). You can call in and ask him yourself all the relevant questions. Sirius 98 or www.hardcorepokershow.com And while I absolutely do NOT condone any of his actions, I will give him credit for standing up and taking the heat. Most people in these situations run like little girls from media....

He will be a live guest on the Hardcore Poker Show next Wednesday at 8 PM (eastern). You can call in and ask him yourself all the relevant questions. Sirius 98 or www.hardcorepokershow.com And while I absolutely do NOT condone any of his actions, I will give him credit for standing up and taking the heat. Most people in these situations run like little girls from media....
If a guy named Jaime aka Checky calls, pleeeeeeease put him on!!
In one of the first CardRunners vids I watched (when he first started there) he clearly stated that he was using a different account (the ABA20 one) because people had been watching his CR vids and adapting to his style through them when he used sbrugby. Why wasn't everyone outraged back then? I don't see the issue here, he wasn't on more than one account at once, he wasn't on the same table, he wasn't in a tournament more than once.... I don't understand the big problem even though his own blog effectively says 'oh woe is me please forgive me'.
Because he was playing high stakes against people who normally would not want any action with him. This is obviously a big deal.
Oh, and does everyone know that FTP has dedicated tables for pro's playing under different names to make vids?
Yes, the "EDU" tables display a pop up that let you know you may in fact be playing against pros while they conduct their educational videos.