5/10 full. This guys stats were something like 27/18/2.7 after a good amount of hands...400 or so.I raise the SB with As2s and get called by the BB.flop comes J72r i bet and get calledturn is a 3 i bet and get raised....i 3-betanyone like this?

against a 27/18 in the BB you have to have any pair in villains range, plus JX, A7, K7, 78, 67, 79 type hands...I personally don't like to go crazy playing blind vs blind, but this could be read dependent...I don't think a call on 3rd and a raise on 4th means you're behind and have very little chance of pushing villain out of this pot

chris, i'm not sure that i'd be 3betting light from oop in a blind battle very often since people tend to be showdown monkeys in the blinds. for sure, though, it's a fine play against a fair amount of players that play too tight postflop in the blinds, but as a default, i wouldn't get too far out of line postflop from the SB.

My thoughts...I think this is a very common situation.So it's an important question.But I don't understand the point of the turn 3bet.We typically bet/raise for value or as a bluff.So which are we trying to accomplish here?If Villain is LAG, then sure our Bottom Pair may be ahead.But the best way to profit from an aggressive player is to allow him to bluff.Not to get into a raising war with him with a marginal holding.By calling the turn and checking the river, we gain at least 2 big bets, and possibly a 3rd.If we are 3betting as a bluff, then we are attempting to shake Villain from a better hand.But we should presume that most villains will be seeing showdown with most middle pairs here.So this tactic does little good.3betting the turn and bet or calling the river loses us 4 bets without gaining much of anything.Our Bottom Pair is just too weak to play strongly out of position.--CM

• 4 weeks later...

Is he folding TT to your 3-bet? This is pretty read dependent, and I'd have to see him wait to raise the turn and then be willing to fold a better hand here before I want to try this. He's got to be a nit and a half, really, which his stats argue against.

i was going to post something similar to what coran wrote. i just don't think you are going to get better hands to fold here ever. the only way this could be good is if you though he was bluffing the overwhelming majority of the time and would call your 3 bet anyway trying to pair up. but that wouldn't be a semibluff, it would be a value bet.